Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My domain does not show up in the new portal, only the old. When will this be fixed?

When I switch views from old to new the new portal does not list any subscriptions. We are on O365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add links to docs/schemas in the Resource Explorer

I am using the sample templates and resource explorer to guide me building relative simple template from a group out team have deployed. To me, it is a very difficult even a simple resource group, as I cannot find documents of the template for the services, not mention the description of each properties defined in the template.
    Maybe you can check how AWS document their CloudFromation. It is easy to search and read, and with samples associate with each of their service (called resource type). It is much easier to follow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a "what is Azure?" button.

I don't even know what Azure is. Just happened to find the link looking for virtual machine information and logged in with my Microsoft account. Nothing here describes what Azure is or does, or I can't find it.
    So, add some "about statement" or "quick start guide" under the question mark button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We can do this, if it’s a popular request, but it would only apply the very first time you create something in the portal. After you create one resource, we remember the location for all future resources. Let us know if you aren’t seeing this somewhere.

5. Dragging of Windows and Show The previous Window

I would like to suggest the moving of the windows on top of each other. So as you can be able to see the previous information behind the current window. I attached the windows related look and feel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure portal and igoogle

Could azure portal work just like google portal where i can import form my emails or go through emails such as Hotmail or Gmail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it easier to manage subscriptions!!!!

like add, remove...

mine is disabled,

fine let me fix it.....?

Really now MS, your doing great but this annoyed the **** out of me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Group by properties in All Resources

It would be a good idea that when going to All Resources the Resources should be grouped based on their category. For example all the VMs should be in a folder Virtual Machine, Virtual Networks in a Virtual Networks folder etc. Or group the e properties of a vm in the same folder (network card,storage). The current way that are displayed the resources it creates confusion and it's not that organized at all, specially if you have lots of resources.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Global and Local Subscription Filtering Options

Here are the problems this would solve:

• Right now all filtering is global, which is not obvious at first.

• Going back to a previous journey that used a different filter does not restore the filter. Having this as a local filter to the journey should fix this.

There could be a “Global Filters” in the left menu bar that you can select and could filter your subscriptions (and maybe other things in the future), or I could see the “Global Filtering” being done in the existing subscriptions menu in the left hand blade, or even changing the portal settings filtering…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add drag-and-drop support for moving Azure Resources

It would be really cool, if a user could drag-and drop a Resource from one Resource Group into a different Resource Group. This is a very natural action that a user might perform with their mouse, and it would be great if it "just worked."

Here is how I would envision the user workflow to occur:

1. Open the Resource Group list blade

2. Click on the source Resource Group, to open its blade

3. In the list of Resources, click and drag a Resource (multi-select should also work)

4. The Portal detects that you're trying to move a Resource(s), so it automatically scrolls…
    5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable search keyword filters in Azure Portal

In the new Search capability, released at GA time, I'd like the ability to specify keyword filters. Here are a few examples I'd envision:

"name:tre" - This should find all Resources, of all types, that contain "tre" (case insensitive)

"type:vnet" - This should return all Resources that are of type Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks.

The feature should auto-complete the names of the keyword filters, so that users don't have to remember exactly what the keywords are. Furthermore, the feature should start returning matching results as soon as the user starts typing a few characters.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a short description ("info") for each resource

For example: I don't know the difference between "Virtual Machines (classic)" & "Virtual Machines".

I think a brief description next to the title could help me to understand what means each resource, even before creating one of them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide Link to Videos, if possible relevant videos on "how to"s,

a quick way of creating new service on cloud can be explained in small videos attached as video button.. just like help / ? button on settings.. this will help to create and confirm what we want to do on cloud..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. All resources section should have a way to filter items based on resource type and also should have a sorting function

All resources section should have a way to filter items based on resource type and also should have a sorting function

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. guided navigation , such as CREATE VM, ENTER DNS, CREATE ENDPOINT, DEPLOY WEB etc. scenario based. hard to to find for new bies like me :P

guided navigation , such as CREATE VM, ENTER DNS, CREATE ENDPOINT, DEPLOY WEB etc. scenario based. hard to to find for new bies like me :P

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Type in UI for changing resource group on a classic resource.

When moving a resource from one resource group to another (classic resources) the UI prompts you to type 'Defau' to confirm. This seems like a typo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. notification actions create multiple open blades on subsequent clicks

Click on a notification that is still processing. You get a blade open that shows some information. Leave that blade open, and click the same notification again. You get ANOTHER blade showing the SAME info. Can't you tie the newly opened blade to the Notification item from which it came?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow multi-tasking

Currently, I can only monitor one resource at a time. It would be great if I could monitor more than one on the same screen, without having to switch back and forth.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop showing settings on every item opened

Currently when I open anything in the portal that has a "Settings" menu as well, the settings menu opens up automatically. It's a pain and I don't want to see it on everything I open - at least give us an option to choose to turn that behavior off rather than making it the default.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base