Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Checkbox list to initialize Services per subscription

Today every time I need to create a new subscription I need to create all eligible resources once in the portal as admin before the resource group owners can use them. We need an easier way to enable and also disable resource types per subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be really nice if the old (far better) portal usability could be retained.

It just took me 20 minutes (and about 30 Google searches) to find the Create VM from Image functionality. It moved, and there is no hint at where it went.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy/Template an instance of dashboard tile layout of services such as SQL Databases, VM's, App Services etc allowing to other instances

When using the portal for monitoring purposes one would generally add a number of standard metrics to the dashboard of a service such as a SQL Database. More often than not you have multiple databases and would like all of these to have the same dashboard layout. It would be great to be able to create your dashboard of tiles on one instance service (in this case database) and then create a template which can then be applied to other instances of services (databases) that might be created in the future without having to go the instance of the service…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a means to disable feedback prompts in the portal.

I am constantly asked to provide feedback on my experience with the portal. Please allow me disable the feedback prompts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. UI does not update on template creation

When creating a template that creates a new resource group and a number of resources, the UI does not update to include all the resources in the group. The deployment status does not update with the steps completed or in-process. Hitting refresh on the blade of the resource group does show the created resources, not sure why it does not update on its own, which is the expected behavior. The deployment status is not udpdated until the browser itself is refreshed. The expected behavior is to update automatically or at least when the refresh button on the resource group blade…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search should suggest related areas if no direct match

Firstly, IT Pro's don't think of "Recovery Services" they think of backup. So firstly, I think you should use industry terminology rather than "Microsoft speak".
    Secondly, if I type in "backup", can search suggest related areas like "Did you mean Recovery Services?" or "Best Match: Recovery Services"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Password generation (ORIGINAL: Генерация пароля)

TRANSLATED:
    Add to your portal password generation in the place where you want to enter a password when registering the application.

ORIGINAL:
    Добавьте на портал возможность генерации пароля в месте где нужно вводить пароль при регистрации приложения.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. No option to auto arrange tiles?

Why not provide a button to auto arrange tiles? Sort them based on name, creation date, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Maybe display the price of a resource next to it while provisioning it through the portal!

I have no clue while creating a resource group, how much it is going to cost and how much each item is adding to the cost. Some pricing policies have been revised so many times, that it is extremely difficult to maintain track. please make this easier!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View your full email and/or subscription at the top

I use multiple email addresses with different email domains to manage multiple accounts. Some accounts have multiple subscriptions to them.

However, the space where the email address is displayed at the top too small. I can't tell which email I'm looking at.

And if you have multiple subscriptions, there isn't a way to know which subscription is which because it only shows the id -- not the organization it is associated with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option for deletion of related resources at time of deleting a resource

When someone deletes a resource (say a VM) he/she may want to delete all the resources that are being used by this current resource (like NICs, Public IPs, VNETs for the VM). If there is an option like a checklist, listing all the related resources and the user can select which resources to delete along with, it can be a real hassle-free experience for the user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to visualize your Azure engagement

I have ended up managing many Azure resources (my own and customers') attached to many accounts (including my work and personal account that have the same email). I find it very difficult to get an overview of what engagement I have. What account do I use to manage that resource? What am I allowed to do here? What subscriptions do I have? What directory is connected to this account? I am also struggling with understanding the basic structure of Azure (admins roles, subscriptions etc). It would be helpful to get some kind of overview of my different engagements. Perhaps a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Email / name in menu bar

Allow to choose between email address or full name in the portal in the top menu bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Easier way to register new resource types

A resource type (VM, Recovery Services, SQL database, etc.) must first be created once and registered in the subscription by a subscription admin. When using ARM with delegation these subscription level rights are not a given. Need an easier way to request this initial registration of a resource when somebody fails or before as part of a new request check, and the admin/owner be able to register this resource without having to actually deploy it once. Something of an approval workflow or a list of all available resources where I can just check the ones to be available and registered…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Use a standard menu for all resource features and config

Make sure all features and configuration options for a resource are available via a single, standardized menu. Use the blade for monitoring and the menu for everything else. Everything should be easy to find and navigate to from that menu and it should be rendered as a complete list at once -- do not update the menu after it's been rendered (that causes accidental mis-clicks because the menu jumps around).

(This was created based on common feedback we've heard in this area. Please feel free to add comments to help us plan and implement this in the best way possible…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Visibility of Limits

Please add some way of users being able to see how close to their limits they are.

This could be done in a seperate area of the portal with horizontal Loading bars showing the Limit, and how close the account is to the limit

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show the number of ongoing deployments

The classic portal did this and it was a nice way to see when a deployment was finished. For example, if I'm adding multiple firewall rules I have to keep expanding the notifications dropdown to see whether the previous rule change has finished deploying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ability to select virtual machine location (country) instead of the area (East US, East Asia, etc)

ability to select virtual machine location (country) instead of the area (East US, East Asia, etc) when creating a new virtual machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base