Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. best digital marketing institute in delhi

Do you want to enroll in the best digital marketing course to succeed in your career as a digital marketer? Are you looking out for best digital marketing course in Kolkata? Well, WebTek Digital Marketing is the best place to explore. This popular digital marketing course is taught by industry experts and besides classroom lectures, you can participate in hands-on projects to enhance your professional skills. Indeed, this course is best for working professionals, entrepreneurs and students. Moreover, classes are held in small batches to provide individual attention and these are mostly organized on weekends and holidays. Starting from SMO,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dashboard reader role in Azure porta;

I am requesting for a dashboard reader role in Azure portal. We create a lot of dashboards based on Azure metrics or app insights. We share these dashboards with groups like help desk. We are currently adding the help desk group as a reader in the resource group. If there is a dashboard reader, that would be better preferred so we don't have provide read access which would allow the group to see more than what they are supposed to see.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

3. App insights Logs Search Results Export

I would say the same way we have available the action to create a work item on Azure DevOps in relation to a specific Logs Entry on the App Insights, it would be huge benefit to be able to export the log entry to send to other external users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. NPM logging of Network flow

NPM rules added and deleted can be observed in /var/log/azure-npm.log but the traffic cannot be tracked or logged anywhere . Since iptables logging may not done by NPM. It would be better if we can network flow logging (Dropped connection and accepted connections) would be greate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to view the Recent Resources for all Users

Since activity logging does not show viewing of a resource, I need a different way to track who has opened up and viewed the details of a resource. The data is captured and stored as the "Recent Resources" list that is displayed upon login to the portal will show resources a user has viewed.
    I need to be able to track specific resource viewing for legal reasons and data loss prevention.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Issues With Sandbox Activation (Microsoft Learning)

When I activate a sandbox on Microsoft learning, every time I need to refresh the browser refresh to reflect the resourcegroup/ resources etc to be listed on the page. If I click the refresh button on top of the bar inside the each of the pages, it doesn't list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change azure shortcuts for German keyboards

The shortcuts
    "Seach blade menu items"
    and
    "Search resources (global)"
    aren't functioning with a GER keyboard because we can't type a "/" without using SHIFT (SHIFT + 7).
    Acutally we can, but using the numpad for "/" doesn't work.

Please change this to something like
    "CTRL+<"
    or
    "CTRL+#"
    or smth else instead.

See: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/22673

Also, trying to use my Microsoft Account for this feedback-portal, I get this:

"
    Das ausgewählte Benutzerkonto ist im Mandanten "UserVoice, Inc." nicht vorhanden und kann auf die Anwendung "91a42e81-999b-4cf1-aa36-bb33f25ff53b" in diesem Mandanten nicht zugreifen. Das Konto muss dem Mandanten zuerst als externer Benutzer hinzugefügt werden.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure user profile picture not getting changed across all connected services

Steps to reproduce bug as an end user.
    Prerequisite: User account should have profile photo(Which is set first time)

1) Open any portal/site where AD user can change his/her profile picture.

Eg <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://portal.office.com/account/#personalinfo">https://portal.office.com/account/#personalinfo</a>

2) Upload your new photo
    3) On office portal and Azure portal new photo is immediately updated.
    4) New Photo is Not Updated on following areas

a) https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/r#/profile
    b) PowerApps >> Canvas App >> User().Image
    c) MS Office desktop applications >> Account section(see attached file Err-1.png)

Notes:
    1) Even after 2 months period of time photos not getting changed
    2) On browsers all caches/cookies…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow custom names for times in Portal clocks

Rather than having the tile state "Central Standar..." I would like to be able to enter a custom name like "Chicago"

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to up-vote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

10. Support changing VMSS managed disk type

The document indicates that OS disk account type can't be changed since it's a create time property.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machine-scale-sets/virtual-machine-scale-sets-upgrade-scale-set#properties-with-restrictions-on-modification

By confirming with product team, the change of managed data disk type is not supported as well.

Which means, Az powershell provides an option "[-ManagedDiskStorageAccountType <String>]" that is completely useless.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/az.compute/update-azvmss?view=azps-3.4.0

Will vmss supports changing the managed disk type in the future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hybrid Connection Manger To call On premise hosted webapi

1) Create Hybrid connection using connection manager.
    2) Connect with App service using networking tab-> choose hybrid connection manager.
    3) download Hybrid connection manager . and install it on premise machine/server.
    4) Add connection to connection manger by login to azure using connection manger setup on on-premise machine/sever.
    5) it should show connected in status.
    6) Publish the source code using publish profile (download it from azure portal) to azure then run app service on cloud, should make call to apis hosted on your on-premise machine/server..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alert Profile for multiple subscriptions

Like many Azure users, I have access and monitor several subscriptions. Recently MS introduced the new Alert framework. But to use it, I need to create Action Groups and Rules, under EACH AND EVERY subscriptions. This is "DEPARTMENT OF REDUNDANCY DEPARTMENT" and breaks basic rules on Database Normal Form, namely, DUPLICATE DATA.

Why not tie the Action Rule (or Action Group) to an Azure Account PROFILE and make it available to ALL the subscriptions that the Account has access to?

Now, if I need to edit my email address or phone number, or otherwise change how I get Azure Alerts,…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

13. Customer Route table "Virtual network gateway route propagation"

Can you change the "Virtual network gateway route propagation"wording to "Import Virtual network gateway route" for the custom route table.
    The word propagation is a little confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dashboard Label Customization

I would be nice to change the name of a label in a tile so that I know what my tile is doing. For example, I have some App Insights Search criterion that I am keeping track of on the Dashboard. All is see is "Search" and the number of events. I stopped there because I won't be able to keep track of them. Please advise if I am missing something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implementing a primary deletion area like a trash when deleting resources in the Azure portal

Currently, if you delete a resource using the GUI or command in the Azure portal, it will be deleted immediately. In the Windows OS, a temporary deletion area such as a trash can is set, and it is possible to recover files that were accidentally deleted. I want you to implement a temporary deletion area when deleting from the Azure portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure Performance Trends showing different values for same timestamp when the duration is changed

Azure performance trend is showing different values for the same time stamp when the different duration is selected. like in attached screenshots showing the values for same time stamp for smaller and larger duration, but the value difference is huge that it is changing from MB to GBs, with different values all together. have personally seen this issue for IOT hub and Ingress performance trend,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Virtual folder of resources ( cross subscription / cross resource group )

In big enterprises, users need access to multiple applications span across different subscriptions, resource groups etc frequently. Current way of filtering the resources is cumbersome. Also there is no way to save the filtered resources. So it will be cool if we have some feature like "resource graph" results saved as resources folder that can be pinned to dashboard.

This can be also implemented in "resource graph" results. If the results field contain id property, show them as links in the result. So that way, the results can be pinned to dashboard

With above I can create virtual folders like

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keep me signed prompt - buttons can be clicked twice causing auth errors

For Azure AD with SSO (SAML2) + Stayed Signed In Prompt/Window

When users double click on the keep me signed prompt by mistake (e.g. user clicks on the No/Yes button because is taking too long to respond), then double callbacks are sent to the Service Provider and the user experiences an error. The first one authenticates the user successfully, and the second one causes the error.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-active-directory-identity/fewer-login-prompts-the-new-8220-keep-me-signed-in-8221/ba-p/245310

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide an admin-controlled message banner in the portal

Azure DevOps allows org admins to display a message banner (info, warning, error) at the top of all their org pages, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-ca/cli/azure/ext/azure-devops/devops/admin/banner.

Please add a similar feature to the Azure management portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base