Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow adding properties to the main blade of each resource

In the current portal there is a lot of really useful information on the "Dashboard" view on the right hand side. These are now buried under Properties in the Settings blade. Please provide a way for me to embed these values into the main blade of a resource.

Preferably I'd be able to define what a website blade looks like for me once and then all websites would use that template. So I could add the properties one time and all would show it. I use websites as an example, but would love to have it for all resources.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. endless loop journeys

Azure Portal continues on and on when you clicking on resources (endless loop journeys). Surely it should know that the blade to the left is the one it’s trying to open and just go there?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow dragging and dropping files into a website

It would be nice if there were a part that I could drag and drop files from my desktop directly into an Ibiza website.

Currently the only way I've found to quickly add files is to add them to my local repo and push, or to use the command line tool with curl or pipes to write files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Associate an image to a resource group

I work for a consulting firm and we use resource groups to group items together for a particular project. It would be helpful to be able to associate an image or a graphic to a resource group to quickly distinguish them from each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. able to pin any item or vm to the dashboard

able to pin any item or vm to the dashboard and also live tiles e.g to be able to see the vm on the tile running for example you could see it installing an program

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shift+Left Click to select range of items in grids/lists

I should be able to select a range of items within a grid/list by pressing shift+mouse left click

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Highlight status texts

"Running" "Stopped". those words are not easily acknowledged.
    Please give color to "stopped" to red or something different from Running status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better Support Multi-touch TrackPad Scrolling

I use a Macbook Pro to access Azure Portal, and some of my colleagues use the Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse. I've found scrolling down blades in the new look portal can be a bit frustrating using one of these input devices, as it constantly want's to do both horizontal, and vertical scrolling at once.

Providing better detection and usability for these devices would be the icing on the cake.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Optimize how the portal looks when monitor is in portrait mode

I have a 22" monitor in Portrait mode and I really want the starting tiles to flow down the page rather than leaving all the gaps at the bottom.

Basically optimize for a "Portrait" screen if possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Portal page title should include unread notification count and/or use Web Notifications API

The title of the portal should include the number of unread notifications (much like a number of webmail sites do for new emails).
    Furthermore, if your browser supports W3C Web Notifications ( http://www.w3.org/TR/notifications/ ) we should be using those too.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for paging on tiles

Taking the Billing tile on the dashboard: the billing information is being automatically cycled between the subscriptions, but it would be good if the user could just cycle between them or pause the auto-cycling.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Engagement and Social Profiling

Would be good to see some gamification statistic analysis in the site reporting tools. And possibly an SDK for app developers to play with.

Achievers, Explorers, Killers, Socializers

Being able to determine a profile for each of my users, and tailoring the UI to suite their needs would be amazing.

Being able to get statistics on breakdowns on social types, and drill down on any give user to view their profile in a gamification context.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Clicking a Build Error to Open Solution/File in Visual Studio/Monaco

If I receive a build error, I'd like to be able to click it to open the solution, file, and bring me to the line within Visual Studio (should be able to do this because of the mapped workspace) or to allow me to edit it in Monaco and allow a remote recompile. Currently, I can see the file, but id doesn't give me any further details.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to integrate OMS solutions with Azure Dashboard

Hey Guys,

This is great thing that OMS portal is migrating within Azure portal but I am little excited about OMS dashboard, what if we can add solutions which we have enabled in log analytics with Azure dashboard and that would be great place to monitor all in one view . Currently I can't see the any log analytic solution that integrated with Dashboard view. Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Destroying created resources in case of template deployment fails

This is about template deployment. If it fails because of some error then it must destroy the components of that deployment. This is not the case at this moment. It is creating VCN, Storage, NSG, RSG and so on but failed while creating VMs. I can see rest of the resources in cloud except VMs. In my opinion this should not be the case. If everything goes well then all resources must get create or else none of it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base