Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. application gateway

Hello,

We believe we have identified a bug within the Azure Portal.

See steps below:

1. Go to the Azure Application Gateway service

2. Click on any current Application Gateway

3. Go to the HTTP settings section and then click on the current config set, the port number changes to the default HTTP port of 80, instead of keeping the port that is already configured.

In our case, we were going into the configurations section to only adjust the timeout value, not the port, the port was automatically changed and this caused a temporarily outage as we did not realize until afterwards that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent CDN endpoint adding custom domain when Automation Options is clicked following a failed DNS verification (bug?)

Ref the attached video. After a failed attempt to verify ownership of a custom domain, clicking Automation Options starts the creation process (which then fails quietly).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Login to Azure Portal

Couldn't log into Azure Portal for some time, and no way to create incident ticket without login in. Is it just me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Free trial is not much use if you cant try different configurations

Trying to figure out what size VM I'd need but every time I try to select one I get obscure error messages about quotas etc. Rather than telling me what I cant have 1 at the time, perhaps term me what is actually available, this would make it less of a time consuming, frustrating, guessing game.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please fix azure functions portal. It is insanely slow!

Loading azure function apps and list of functions takes minutes!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Azure App Service and HttpContext.RequestAborted Cancellation Token

I have a dotnet core 3.1 application that is computational intensive, i.e. response for request might delay for a few minutes, accordingly I am monitoring the FIN or HttpContext.RequestAborted,

Lets say an example of code would be

public async Task<IActionResult> Get(string request)
    {

await _process.IntensiveTaskAsync(HttpContext.RequestAborted);

return Ok();

}
    Now that works fine in many environments include linux, IIS, nginx (proxy) .. Meaning that my "IntensiveTaskAsync" will orderly terminated on CancellationToken (i.e. User terminate the request) .. However when the code now is hosted in Azure Web App from Container (linux) it doesn't work. Is there any configuration required for that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. provide better opportunity to explore the portal and cloud shell

provide better opportunity to explore the portal and cloud shell

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mock Exams for the Azure Certification Exams

Currently the other popular Cloud Solutions/Services providers have an option of mock/practice exams for each of their Cloud certification exams. Such mock/practice exams immensely help the certification aspirants to assess their knowledge and skill about a particular certification exam topic and can enable them to face the actual Cloud certification exam very confidently. It would be very helpful if such mock/practice exams are also introduced for each Microsoft Azure Certification exam.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bot based context sensitive help feature

It would be nice if a configurable and visually intuitive bot based context sensitive help feature is introduced in Azure for guiding new /novice /rare users of Azure portal, for easily navigating to the required features / screens / options for learning or performing various different kinds of tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Resizable Service Health widget

Resizable Service Health widget :
    If you customize your query on the Service Health page and the n add that map as a widget on a dashboard, it gets added with default dimensions (4 x 3) and looks odd in case you are not using the same size for your widgets. e.g. in my case I am using (6 x 4) size for the widgets on my dashboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. hello, can you add an option to delete your account in the dashboard area, at the moment its not possibl to do that and i want to remove acc

hello, can you add an option to delete your account in the dashboard area, at the moment its not possible to do that and i want to remove account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search via Acronym

I think it would be great if the Azure Portal omni-search bar allowed users to search for modules via common acronyms. For example Security Center: ASC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. VM list should have a column stating which Ri is being used

Reservation used should be listed in details of Actual VM

Or Vice Versa, Actual VM's should be listed in properties of Reservation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Operation name under Run History for VMSS is Not accurate

Bug: Operation name under Run History for Virtual Machine Scale Set (VMSS) says scale up and down whereas it should say scale in and out. E,g. Operation name when you scroll down on Run History says "Autoscale scale down completed" or "Autoscale scale up completed". This is technically NOT correct. The operation is actually "Scaling In" and "Scaling Out". Scaling up means increasing the number of vCPUs and Memory whereas scaling out means increasing the number of instances.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Usr experience is very bad.. Like AWS you can click and it flows like stream ..Azure makes it tough and difficult for new users Focus on UX

Usr experience is very bad.. Like AWS you can click and it flows like stream ..Azure makes it tough and difficult for new users Focus on UX

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix subscription financial management features for AAD B2B users

When a subscription is linked to an AAD directory where the subscription Account Admin is not a "native" user, but instead a used added via AAD B2B from another directory, certain financial management features in the Azure Portal display "access denied" or "unauthorized" messages instead of working properly.
    These features include:
    - payment methods
    - invoices
    - adding credits to an OPEN subscription

This is a sample setup where the problem appears:
    1. An organization has multiple AAD directories:
    a) the main, "office" AAD directory, where all user accounts are created,
    b) several AAD directories assigned to specific products and/or…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Correctly log the user moving subscriptions

Hi,recenlty we had an issue due to an human error.
    An operator accidentally moved a subscription from between two tenants.
    From the log available on the portal we could not identify who did this activity.
    It would be very helpful to have this kind of activity correctly logged

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ingest Azure DevOps Audit logs

Currently in Azure DevOps the audit logs are retained for only 90 days. Additionally, searching through the audit logs requires a download of csv/json audit logs.

There needs to be functionality between Azure Workspace and Azure DevOps so that Audit logs at an Organization level can be ingested into a Workspace. Our corporate security has requirement that audit logs be maintained far beyond 90 days. The only solution now is to cron a script to load audit data to some external data store. Why not extend the current capabilities of workspaces, monitoring and app insights to include ingesting Azure DevOps…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base