Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Honor the Dark color theme setting across all Azure pages

Some Azure pages expose a theme setting (e.g., Light, Dark), which is great. But when using the Dark theme, many Azure pages use a Light theme instead. (E.g., this feedback page and even the Azure search page don't honor the Dark theme.) This creates a visually straining, high-contrast experience that is the opposite of what the Dark theme is typically trying to achieve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Portal Templates should be renamed Azure Portal Template Library

Azure Portal Templates should be renamed to Azure Portal Template Library (or something) so that Bing/Google searching can return information on it - Searching for Azure Templates yeilds *way* to many results!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Portal Templates need Versioning, Releases and Deprecation flags

Azure Portal Templates need versioning for testing. Having a "network" template with a label of "released" or "published" would allow editing of a template while still being able to use it in production.

You should also be able to deploy a template using "version 1.0" and flag an older version as "deprecated"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Portal Templates - Add folders

Azure Portal Templates need folders for template organization. Folders should be nested.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable QnA/Cognitive Services for natural language queries in portal

Would be incredibly nice to see features such as the natural language Q&A approach in PowerBI, where you could infer the following insights (both in Portal as well as API/CLI avenues):

1) Ask questions and receive suggestions or practices on how to deploy certain resources (e.g. "I'm looking to build a web app that's traffic/load balanced across multiple regions", and have suggestions and/or recommended ARM templates to complete the tasks)

2) Ask questions on how resources are performing, and show KPIs for Azure Monitor, with suggestions for better performance

3) Ask for details on cost analysis, with suggestions returned for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow selecting subscriptions by IDs when creating new Azure resources

It would be nice to be able to select subscriptions by ID when creating new resources, even when the dropdown only shows subscription display names. We typically track subscriptions by IDs and not names in our team docs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make "The Submit an Idea" more visible.

Make "The Submit an Idea" more visible. Its a very good idea however its hidden and most people will not know its available or find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tags inherented

Please make it possible to inherent tags in Azure, for example the tags on a certain resource group automatically are inherented to all the resources in that resource group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dashboard Input Fields

I would like to be able to add input fields to dashboards that can be applied to the charts. A basic input field may be a dropdown (ideally dynamic). For instance, if I had a chart showing CPU% for a specific VM then I would like to be able to switch to a different VM through a dropdown field. Similar to how Splunk has implemented this feature. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/Buildandeditforms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Deployment Template save online

The Deployment Template isn't saved online!!!
    Everyone time I restart browser I have to type it again!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fullscreen Query String Option on Dashboards

Allow a query string option for invoking full screen on a dashboard. This would be used to automate the display of full screen dashboards in a rotating manner.

The current implementation of "Fullscreen" allows for a user to click a button to invoke full screen. However, in automation systems that rotate screens the option is lost and not easily invoked. Please add an additional option to automatically invoke via query string similar to Power BI and other services.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  16 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use my context for create actions

When im in a resource group and click new something there is a really good chance i want to create that new thing in the subscription and resource group that im currently in. Why does the portal default to some other subscription and RG. When im done creating a new object in a resource group why does it take me out of that resource group and go back to the home page? I would save so much time is the portal would respect the context i already set by navigating to a location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. All Services

Small beans but when I click "All Services", it would be great is there was a button to de-selected all selected items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customize color of metric graphs pinned to Dashboard

We use multiple dashboards extensively on large walled displays for operational center-like monitoring of key diagnostics to visualize servers and services.

The latest improvement to Azure Monitor and the metric graphs that are pinned to a dashboard are a great improvement, but the color-scheme of the chart lines and the legend of performance counters are now making harder to see key information.

Please add support to customize the color of each series line in a chart and also to customize the text of the series in the legend to be more legible.

Refer to the attached screenshot of a portion…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hide Email in Upper Right

To help comply with anti-doxxing patterns, it would be nice to have the option to hide email in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I'm recording/streaming coding content and wish to show some Azure work without giving away my email. Options like "Name only", "Name and Email", or "Email only" would save me a lot of effort

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auto logout after period of inactivity

Create option to auto-logout from portal after period (configurable) of inactivity.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create custom tiles

Now we have the option to create custom dashboards with tiles organized by related resources or team, Allowing us to create CustomTiles to customize our dashboards will improve the dashboard experience.

Our application use some administration pages to monitor application internal events like:
    Customer Registration, Customers Online, Notifications, etc.

If we could provide a json file or fill a form with all configurations needed to render the tile like:
    Type: Standard(icon and name), Chart(donnut, bar, etc)
    Tile Title
    Icon: Icon Url
    DataSource: Url that return a series of data to fill a Chart or for example the number of connected…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a way to do custom reports for Azure Services Tiles

We have to do many reports (daily, weekly) to send to other teams and customers.
    For example, we need to generate a report to show the capacity of all the Storage Accounts, also its availability etc ... Right now we have to go to each STA, filter by dates, capture a screenshot of those tiles, compose a Powerpoint and send it through mail.
    It would be great to have Azure to have a "reporting" module to compose custom reports instead of all this manual process.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Azure Designer tool

My Idea was to create a Azure Designer tool in the Azure portal which can enable Azure Engineers and Architects to design a Azure services as per customer requirements and convert them as a blue print or Archictect diagrams for customers or for implementations.

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  43 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Consistent Status Column

In the old Portal, there was a "status" column under "All Items". In the new Portal, "Browse > All Items" does not have one, nor an option to add it. If you drill down into specific areas (Virtual Machines, Storage Accounts, Cloud Services, etc.), some have a "status" column while others do not. It would be nice to have the "status" column show up consistently in all areas, and to have it in "Browse > All Items" to make it easier to see what's running and what's idle / stopped. Thank you!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  9 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base