Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to change default domain name

The option to change the default domain name ***.onmicrosoft.com is not present in the new portal.

Any plans to include it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Classic portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This is a test idea

This is a test idea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. One #$SDFSDF^SDF#@CSW#$%#$ account per email address??? Like everyone else in the world????

Your whole "switch directories" work account or other? is so complicated, so convoluted, I can't even begin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tell me straight up if I am still being managed by a former employer

Tell me straight up if I am still being managed by a former employer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable to pin bar chart to dashboard

Currently, we cannot pin bar chart to dashboard and there's an error saying "Currently pin unstacked bar chart to Azure dashboard is not supported. Change your chart and try again."
    Please enable it to make it more friendly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Access/permission related issues in Azure Storage Explorer which is not seen in Azure Storage Explorer downloaded version

Access/permission related issues in Azure Storage Explorer which is not seen in Azure Storage Explorer downloaded version. Firewall rules and access permission issues seen or not reflecting promptly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure Portal save and use All Resources Views By Tags with sorting refernce by URL or add to Tiles in Dashboards

Allow Azure Portal All Resources Views By Tags to be used explicitly in Dashboard Tiles with sorting or Expose URL 's for Azure Portal All Resources (Views) and or allow referenced URL's to be used a in Markdown Tile to aid in navigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Blueprint w/ARM artifact w/securestring parameter breaks UI

According to this link (below), it is possible to specify an ARM artifact for an Azure Blueprint, within which 1+ parameters reference securestring values from an Azure KeyVault.

https://github.com/Azure/azure-rest-api-specs/blob/master/specification/blueprint/resource-manager/Microsoft.Blueprint/preview/2018-11-01-preview/blueprintDefinition.json

Specifically, see the "SecretValueReference" entity schema and it's corresponding relationship to the ARM artifact schema.

However, when defining a Blueprint with such attributes, it causes the blueprint blade to fail for that blueprint. Interestingly, the blades to edit the Blueprint and/or assign the Blueprint still work as expected.

To recreate, create an Azure Blueprint that includes an ARM template artifact. The ARM template artifact should load a securestring from a Key…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OpenID Connect sub claim should be consistent

Currently the access token and id token that are issued have different "sub" claims even though the token request is for the same application registration...and the same request. This doesn't seem to match with the documentation and seems wrong. Can this be fixed please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Iconic-Technology-Solutions

cross-platform-action

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Classic portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Failed to download the file. Error details: error 400 Invalid inputs, input is null or has 0 files

Problem Description:
    When we export the Template from our integration account, we are unable to download the file. Upon clicking the Download button, we are shown “Failed to download the file. Error details: error 400 Invalid inputs, input is null or has 0 files"

Our Integration account is very large and has many objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Email is required to activate a sandbox

I'm connected to the learning site, doing the Azure fundementals exercices, but cannot run the sandbox. I get the message 'Email is required to activate'.
    Please help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Service Endpoint for Azure to Azure ASR traffic

Create a Service Endpoint for Traffic to ASR in the Azure to Azure ASR configuration, so traffic going to ASR remains on Microsoft's network.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Clear resources when deleted in the dashboard

Basically

For example: i am done working with a VM. I decide to delete the VM. Why do I still see in the dashboard. And when I click on it it says resource not found. There needs to be better handling of this. Once a resource is deleted. Take it out of the dashboard ASAP. Cheers!

when a resource is deleted, you still see it on the dashboard of the portal (even though when you click, it's not available). is there a way to refresh the dashboard and not see tht

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microsoft Certification specific VM images

People preparing for Microsoft azure role based certifications might require test machines to practice, it will be great if images are provided with relevent tools pre- installed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PushRequest should be able to be created from Repository names with /äü etc

Currently, it's possible to automatically create pull requests in a ticket. That works fine when the name of the repository doesn't have special characters like / and ä or ü but unfortunately the process fails when such a character is in there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the Azure Portal actually work. I can't follow any tutorials in the learn section.

All learn tutorials have directions that don't work. My account can't even register the Microsoft.Web resource provider. It just stays stuck at registering or unregistering. Can't proceed to make a chat bot or anything due to this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base