Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clicking and dragging a tile on the home screen should invoke customization mode.

When I click and drag a tile on the Azure Ibiza Portal, I should automatically be put into customization mode, OR, the tile should simply move where I drag it to, without entering the full customization mode. I'm not sure which implementation would be more practical, but I feel as if something should happen. Right now, it only selects text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Dashboard Tiles Icon Size Configuration Option

In the config options for the tile, add the ability to increase icon size to fill more of the available space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Link resources were easier to add and remove on the old portal.

Link resources (like mysql databases) were easier to add and remove on the old portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. progress bar location

The progress bar of any activity is shown under the alerts bell menu. I think it should be put down together with the action notification banner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. after showing notifications, view should not return to homepage

When I click a notification, the notification blade is showed and when I close it, the context where I was working is lost.
    Ex: in VM (classic) blade I decide to start a VM, the notification shows me an error, I click the notification, read the error message and then close the notification blade. At this point the home page is shown instead of the blades I had previously. Would it be possible to show the notification blade on the right? or perhaps, next to the blade I'm currently using?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable a "Folder"-type tile

We are an organization that creates a lot of webservices and storage accounts, and all. And it currently is a mess to navigate between all the webservices and their respective add-ons.
    Why should a webservice and one of its add-ons should be 2 separate tiles on the dashboard ? And to make navigation easier, why couldn't we create "Folders" in the dashboard to help organizing our numerous tiles ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make button positions on blades consistent (put them all at the top)

Most blades have their action buttons in the blue area at the top, but many blades also have "Ok" buttons at the bottom. This is a pain in the keester to have to go back and forth getting thrown. Even many "Save" buttons are in the blue area at the top of the blade. Just put all buttons at the top ... it would make using the portal much faster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manage two azure resources at once

Currently if I want to manage two of my azure resources I have to open each one sequentially or open two browser windows. Ideally I'd like to be able to open the blade for both resources side by side, and dismiss all the blades that I used to navigate to the resource. I can then do side by side comparisons of settings etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to add generic links / url's to resources

The ability to add generic URLs with a label to any resource from the portal or Powershell. This is useful for linking to configuration documents, debugging procedures, external inventory systems, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please provide additional columns for the "All Resources" View

I'd like to see the following columns:
    1. Pricing Tier
    2. Current Billing - how much the service has incurred to date
    3. Status - running, stopped, etc.
    4. Clients - number of latest active clients

Other improvements:

• Provide a "short name" or alias for the subscription name.

• Be able to sort the services in the "All Resources" view - sort by name, service started date, cost, # clients, etc.

• Use icons to indicate service health and cost

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Retry Database Creation Failure

If a database creation fails for some reason, provide the ability to edit and resubmit a request instead of starting from scratch each item.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Display VM status during it's creating

Currently, I create VM in new portal (Ibiza) is only view "Creating VM" status, can't know VM status changes during creation process. I need to view status from "Browse" and view virtual machine to get. So I recommend display deployment status in VM creation process to help me to confirm VM status quickly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to browse for existing resources when entering parameters in Resource Group Template

It would be nice to allow browsing for an existing network/subnet (in different resource groups) or storage account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Log changes made in Portal

I spent the afternoon attempting to find what changed in an app to cause something to stop responding. However, the change wasn't with the app, it was with the virtual network. Someone else on our account made a change that caused some grief. I'd like to see a log showing when machines were added, resources given, changes made, etc. Can just be a simple "This person made this change on this date/time" text list.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Page to report outages from individual extensions/services to keep customer informed

It will be good, if we can report outages from individual extensions/services some where in the portal so that end customer can be informed. In case of outage customers keep trying to access that extension/service and getting impacted. Individual extensions owners should be allowed to post messages to that page...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When creating a new resource, each resource should have an info badge to learn more about that resource

A Mobile, Logic, or Web app for instance. If you want to learn more, if you have to open a new page and look around for the information yourself. Provide easy links on each resource to find out more, not just configure/set up a new instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Don't recommend pricing tier

When I am creating a new VM or web app, the Azure Portal always recommends different tiers, but what tier I need really depends on what I am doing, making the recommendations useless. Consider removing. It just creates an extra click every time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve how Azure reports that operations ended

During my work, I have noticed that many operations like updating, stopping or removing VMs are reported as completed before the requested changes have finished being applied. For example, if you remove a VM, the operation is reported as completed although disks need some extra time to be completely detached (and, thus, removed or reused).

That was one example but there are others. All these kinds of I-have-not-actually-finished-doing-the-work situations often break scripts. Manually implementing sleep-and-check code blocks is not a clean and safe option at all, because this is something that the API shoud offer.

Because all of this, we…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Either add an 8x4 or a 3x4

With the widgets on the screen I want to be able to have a large graph and then smaller graphs underneath it. With a 6x4 on top, I can't put (2) graphs beneath it and have it line up. Either make it so the large graph can be 8x4, or the smaller graphs 3x2. Personally I'd go with the 8x2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Browse should only show everything I HAVE

"Browse Everything" should only show everything I HAVE. there is no way to easily see everything I have deployed like I can in the current portal.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base