Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search in Azure portal should always find English search results as well as local language

When I find an Azure portal feature I want to use, e g on a cool blog, MSDN or other information, I want to find it in the list with English search words, but I still like the portal to remain in Swedish. E g now if I search for storage, nothing comes up. Some of the translations are not 100% so hard to guess the translation also. Can we have both English + local language search?

English - Swedish examples:
    Storage accounts - Lagringskonton
    Subscriptions - Prenumerationer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prices should be clearly stated when pressing the 'BUY' button

While being victim of an error in Azure platform, I decided to get help on that by purchasing a support subscription.
    When you do that, there is no indication about price.
    My mistake, I admit, because I purchased a standard (@253€/month) instead of Developer (@24€/month).
    Prices should be clearly stated when pressing the 'BUY' button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom info in Help

We are a large enterprise customer utilizing Azure and have some internal teams to help manage Azure as well as support agreements with Microsoft for support (including Azure and Azure development).

It would be a neat feature in the portal, in the Help area, to be able to customize some text for our own help. For example, I could see us customizing contact info for the EA admin(s), contact info for internal and external (MS) support, links to corporate SharePoint sites with Azure info and other project pages specific, governance/usage info, and billing info. I could see this information set…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search-As a user, I should be able to filter/search by type, resource group in filter items when I select all resources

Search-As a user, I should be able to filter/search by type, resource group in filter items when I select all resources as you see the screenshot

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Subcription free amount

creating a subscription with amount decided each month by the user

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tired of a new Tab opening up in my Web Browser every time I click on something in Azure

I swear every menu item on Azure wants to open a new tile, it is so irritating and you have 27 tiles opened just to complete a task

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. can you make it look normal and get rid of the boxy look of Windows 10 tiles please

it is hard to manage the environment with the square tiles, can you make Azure look more like Windows Server 2008 aka the Last Honest OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DATABASE SCALING SCHEDULE 100DTU 6AM>10AM (4 HOURS) AND SCALE TO 50DTU 10AM>6AM

DATABASE SCALING SCHEDULE 100DTU 6AM>10AM (4 HOURS) AND SCALE TO 50DTU 10AM>6AM

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How about you make this product usable?

I am trying to sign up for Azure and have never seen a user interface that is less intuitive in over 30+ years of software use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. iOU System as Information On Us or Internet Over Us. Discipline is simple covered inside the word itself, This Is Plain & Simple.

ONE RIGHTCHOICE ORGANIZATION

Oracle - person or thing giving wise guidance.
    Nirvana - state of perfect bliss achieved by the soul.
    Entice - attract by offering something pleasant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. instroducing flat bandwitdh traffic

we need a flat fee for traffic also with traffic limitation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Two tier, Three tier resource group template

if we have resource group as built in templates like
    two tier - web and sql
    three tier - web - other logic and sql
    it saves configurations time and easy to deploy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Alphabetize the Azure Service List on manage.windowsazure.com

I don't understand how the Azure service list is ordered but it doesn't make sense for me. I was looking for Event Hub and I have to visually scan the whole list trying to find those 2 words.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Send email to user notifying them of new permissions

A customer asked about this and it seems like a reasonable ask. When we create a new user, we can send them their username\password, but often times this is before they have any permissions to do anything (At least in classic portal).

It would be nice if the user creation and adding permissions journey included sending updates to permissions. This could also be considered a security best practice. Preferably though, I think it would be best to have a "Notify user via email" check box when you modify permissions would be a nice feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Checkbox list to initialize Services per subscription

Today every time I need to create a new subscription I need to create all eligible resources once in the portal as admin before the resource group owners can use them. We need an easier way to enable and also disable resource types per subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be really nice if the old (far better) portal usability could be retained.

It just took me 20 minutes (and about 30 Google searches) to find the Create VM from Image functionality. It moved, and there is no hint at where it went.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy/Template an instance of dashboard tile layout of services such as SQL Databases, VM's, App Services etc allowing to other instances

When using the portal for monitoring purposes one would generally add a number of standard metrics to the dashboard of a service such as a SQL Database. More often than not you have multiple databases and would like all of these to have the same dashboard layout. It would be great to be able to create your dashboard of tiles on one instance service (in this case database) and then create a template which can then be applied to other instances of services (databases) that might be created in the future without having to go the instance of the service…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a means to disable feedback prompts in the portal.

I am constantly asked to provide feedback on my experience with the portal. Please allow me disable the feedback prompts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base