Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SCIM Provision groups on demand

Currently application provisioning via SCIM works on a 20-40 minute cadence. For on demand use cases, like using PIM to provide prod support in a separate environment like Salesforce or AWS, this is not fast enough. On demand provisioning is only available for users, not groups. Please add group support or allow a mechanism for a faster sync.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attach ISO to VM through Portal to Troubleshoot

The ability to attach/inject an ISO to a VM for troubleshooting through the portal. Much like Hyper-V can use a DVD drive to upload an ISO file before the hard drive boots.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

4. Mircosoft Graph Toolkit for Chat on Azure Portal + Office 365

Logged In user can have options to enable/disable chat option on Portal itself for the selected Azure Directory to chat with their colleague and partners. Sort of small chat widget i.e. like a pop-up window can be used. The same widget can also be used in Intranet Portal in Office 365 and other places.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OnPrem Security Groups to Sync with Office 365 Groups

You have two groups seen in the Azure portal. One of them is Team Operations Group which is your On-prem mail-enabled security group - and the other one is Team Ops which is your O365 group. Now, you want the users from your on-prem security group, to be also a part of the O365 group. Can we try to achieve this by dynamic membership rules - more specifically by getting the object ID of on-prem security group and adding it under the dynamic membership rules in your O365 group. At the moment, Dynamic Membership rules ONLY work by targeting Users…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When a device is enrolled it should be shown someplace, since it is MALWARE of the highest order.

I have been trying to make a simple bot for a text mud and after days of screwing around and failing with linux and now azure, I find out that I have been enrolled in an organization at endpoint/intune.

No wonder everything fails and all things are http pointed to someplace else. JUST LIKE THIS POST it will not ever reach anyone who can actually help.

... So the only way to get out of this bs is to kill myself or buy a hardened computer so I can actually try to use anything, instead of being constantly screwed with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Company Branding fully customizable, including Forgot my Account/Forgot My password

The B2C Azure Portal is highly customizable, which is great. These options are not available through the 'regular' Company Branding, let's call it the enterprise variant.

We already had an alternative Password Management agent and in all honesty, we need to serve our users with a more comprehensive User Experience, that is currently not available in Azure itself.

I understand that users a required to have a license to use the Password Reset functionality and that commercial consideration might be a contributing factor to not allow the login page to be fully customized and redirect users to other software solutions.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Some networks are not visible during network peering selection

If you have 3 vnets, where 2 of this are in the same region and 1 in an other, the 2 vnets in the same region are sometimes not able to see each other in network peering. If you want to create a peering from vnet0 to vnet1 (same region), vnet1 is not visible. But vnet2 which is located in an other region, does show up.

This is a bug which does also affect the official AZ-104 course lab in module 5 (Task 2.5).
    The workaround is to check "I know my resource ID" (check attached file). with this option,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Apply CanNotDelete or ReadOnly locks to Azure App Registrations in AAD

We utilise Locks on various resources to stop our core development and production resources being accidentally deleted, however, the same ability to apply a lock to Azure App Registrations in AAD would be beneficial

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a search bar to the menu on the left.

It would be nice to have a search bar in the left menu panel. The tabs here aren't listed in the global search bar and sometimes it's hard to find a tab you want. There is a ctrl-f option but you know, this solution would be easier to navigate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expiring client secret for apps should alert owners via mail

When client secrets of registered apps expire, the owner should receive an alert on the Azure console or via mail.
    This could be important as admins cannot monitor the hundreds of production apps with expiring client secrets. Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I can't see my resources on the Portal

When I log into the portal I can't see my Resource Groups and other resources that I created.

I tried running an anonymous browser tab but it didn't work.

Running Azure CLI "az group list" show everything, and I can perform all the operations.

From the summary in the Portal I can see my apps etc, but I can't browse them anywhere, even in the "All Resources" blade the list is empty.

Please see my attached files where I show the problem.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase portal usability for very large numbers of subscriptions

Some portal functionality will not work if there are more than 2048 subscriptions in the tenant.

The limit should be increased.

• Search doesn't work

• Resource graph explorer doesn't work

• Security Centre returns false results

• Resource lists for some resources can't return results

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug using Query Work Items task

We use the Query Work Items task in a pipeline to check our tasks for misconfiguration.

Running the pipeline we get results back and the pipeline still succeeds. We left the MIN and MAX thresholds empty, as the default values are 0. We'd expect the pipeline to fail.

Below is a sample how we use the task:

• task: queryWorkItems@0
      inputs:
      queryId: some-query-id

see: https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/azure/devops/pipelines/tasks/utility/work-item-query?view=azure-devops

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Email Alert whenever an Azure Data Factory Instance gets created (Not on update) across any subscription in the organization.

Presently there is no such functionality available that triggers Alert whenever an Azure Data Factory Instance is created. The Activity log provides alerts based on "Create or Update" but not the create only option. Or system provisioning which will show all the list of ADFs created across the subscriptions. An analytics service needed over monitoring the creation of ADF and alert on ADF creation. Who created When its created, resource group and location details should be captured in this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to modify NSG for Virtual Machine scale set via Azure Portal

NSG can not be modified for an existing virtual machine scale set via Portal. This can done using Azure PowerShell by updating the NW Profile.

This feature request is to add capability to modify the NSG for VMSS via Portal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. “ Search for users V2 “ connector is known to fetch all the users when the search term returns a null value.

“ Search for users V2 “ in the office 365 users connectors returns unintended users if the search term is a name column specified in a sharepoint list. If by chance user fails to fill the Name column,the search for users V2 takes this as null and fetches huge list of users from the azure AD . If the next step in flow is to send a mail, then mail will be triggered to all the users fetched by the connectors.

This seems to be a not intended behaviour, because if the search term returned is null, the “ Search…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. azure need to launch PAAS service on VMs -- just like aws lightsail (PAAS) it will help more for entry level users.

i am a bigener in azure. if i naeed to launch vm i need to know everything about storage, nsg, networking, etc which are interconneted services.

azure need to launch PAAS service on VMs -- just like aws lightsail (PAAS) it will help more for entry level users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Social Media Integration

I work for an Asset Management firm, and it would be an awesome tool for us to easily integrate predictive analytics into social media software alongside automated market commentary generated in real-time.

It would be multiplicative in benefits because;

1. Users don't need to excessively encumber themselves with application registrations, their existing social media (Say Instagram) would be all that is required.

2. My firm would benefit from the market exposure while minimizing development needs for a Front End beyond the BI we publish.

3. Microsoft could tag these streams as 'Powered by Azure Data Stream' etc...

4. The social media platforms become more…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 106 107
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base