Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to change & permanently save predefined Time range in Azure dashboard

This is a big problem for us as this dashboard is used by our incident management team, who is watching this screen, which is auto-refreshed each 15 minutes and time range is always set back to predefined custom range.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to view the Recent Resources for all Users

Since activity logging does not show viewing of a resource, I need a different way to track who has opened up and viewed the details of a resource. The data is captured and stored as the "Recent Resources" list that is displayed upon login to the portal will show resources a user has viewed.
    I need to be able to track specific resource viewing for legal reasons and data loss prevention.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide an admin-controlled message banner in the portal

Azure DevOps allows org admins to display a message banner (info, warning, error) at the top of all their org pages, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-ca/cli/azure/ext/azure-devops/devops/admin/banner.

Please add a similar feature to the Azure management portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to recover or rename deleted departments in ea.azure.com

Current Situation:
    Consider that in ea.azure.com you are managing an enrollment organizing it with departments. You accidentally deleted the wrong department.
    Now there is no way do recover the deleted department. Further more you are even no longer able to create a new department with the same name. Even opening a ticket within Microsoft Support (200K€+ unified support contract) just resulted in "Please give your new department another name".

Proposed Solution(s):
    - Provide us with the ability to recover the deleted departments.
    - Provide us with the ability to at least rename deleted departments or automatically rename them to DELETED

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Azure AD and Identity protection added to mobile app for basic management of users/apps

There is currently Azure app for mobile devices but you can only see service health, VMs, Web Apps, SQL databases and Application Insights and slight control over Resource groups.

You should add basic management of Azure AD like users, groups, apps. Ability to add user, to edit groups, to assign user roles, licenses, etc. Kind of like what Office 365 Admin app was (it was great until it stopped working with new iOS)

Additionally add Identity protection to it. How many times I get notification that user is compromised or some event happened, but when I attempt to take immediate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Danish as regional format in Azure portal settings

The regional format in the portal settings do not support Danish, it's a struggle when most of danish users are not using AM-PM but 24-hour clock.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improved notification of upcoming service tier/pricing changes in Message Center

This is a request for the Azure admin Message Center to provide more thorough notifications of forthcoming changes to service pricing. As an example, on 1-Sep-2019 the Azure Storage ATP service switched from trial period to non-trial, and many customers were caught off guard by the sudden new costs that were not widely announced. It would have been best to mention this change at least one month in advance within the Message Center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we restore VM from one subscription to another subscription?

Can we restore VM from one subscription to another subscription?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dobrze by było abyście Państwo odpowiadali na mejle, na wiadomości wysyłane, na pytania, itp

Dzień dobry

Wysyła się do Państwa mejle, wiadomości ze strony i nikt miesiącami nie odpowiada.
    Dobrze by było to zmienić.
    Rozumiem, że jesteście Państwo dużym przedsiębiorstwem i możecie - w pewnym stopniu - ignorować część klientów, bo pozycja Wam na to pozwala. Jednak w dłuższej perspektywie, gdy pojawi się atrakcyjna konkurencja - stracicie nagle mnóstwo klientów.
    Może warto zadbać o nich już teraz.

Z poważaniem
    Bogumił Szmańda

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dzięki za ważne opinie. stale staramy się ulepszać naszą strategię komunikacji i dzielimy się tymi opiniami bezpośrednio z naszymi zespołami ds. komunikacji. Jeśli są jakieś szczególne eskalacje, które chciałbyś omówić, wyślij wiadomość na adres AzCommunity@microsoft.com, dołącz swój identyfikator subskrypcji, wszelkie identyfikatory żądania wsparcia lub problemy w celu opracowania opinii..

10. Change regional format Svenska (Finland) to Finnish

Since Finland has not been under Swedish rule after 1808, could you also acknowledge this fact and let the people of Finland have their own regional format?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

11. Add functionality of the dbatools module to Azure Automation

Having this will give us the ability to easily automate Azure Managed instance database activities & migrate existing on premise Powershell that makes use of dbatools powershell module.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Promote and enable Azure Solutions Architecture

Azure Solution Architectures should be a link on Portal.Azure.Com, as well as ARM templates I can use to spin up resources, with check points for each to confirm that I'm ready for the next one. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/architecture/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. technical improvements in ea portal

The subscriptions have been moved from one enrollment to other with out any notification been send to EA admin.The changes are getting done and there is no mechanism to track who has made the changes.
    Is there any way in the portal where we can track the changes done to the subscriptions.Please help at the earliest

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. NIC Properties

On disabling the network card it's better to have a prompt message "Do you really want to disable the network card" it happens so many times on right clicking the properties while it takes a time to pop-up the properties tab we double click again on the NIC it gets disabled or move the option in middle of properties tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

16. IE Doesn't support Azure ;-)

I am wondering why IE doesn't come supporting everything related to Microsoft products while other browsers like chrome and firefox do. See the attached file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Norwegian as regional format in portal settings

Today the Azure portal has support for 3 different Swedish Regional formats (Svenska) but none for Norwegian.

I'm Norwegian and it's frustrating that I can't select a Norwegian regional format in the portal settings. I'm currently using English which has the same date format, but not the same 24-hour clock, so I have to struggle with AM-PM all day long in AppInsights etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reserved Instances only need Business Hours (8hrs per Day for 1 Year)

Need to create Reserved Instances only required Business Hours (8hrs per Day for 1 Year)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

19. Portal Notifications: Change default from "Dismiss All" to "Dismiss Completed" and close

Most situations we just want do "Dismiss Completed", not anything pending. This forces going to the dropdown and in many cases accidentally "Dismiss All".
    Also, the pane should close automatically once you dismiss things.
    I suggest either the above changes or configurations options to achieve the same functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

20. swapping delete with delete resources

I think for convenience the delete button should be swapped or placed closer to the delete resource button. A lot of the times, when testing, I am in an automatic mindset so when deleting only some of the resources I accidentally click on "delete resources" and not "delete" so most of the times I am almost deleting my resource group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base