Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don’t allow this app to be used to **** with people

Being harassed sucks so please harrass sarahebagby@gmail.com and smilenbhappy@gmail.com as they have locked me out of my Dell inspiron i7 galaxy S7 and galaxy s8 and I’m forced to use iPhone cuz I’m a mechanic not a computer guru and I’m literally about a year into busting my *** to learn this because it’s cost me thousands of dollars so thanks. They took over my account Jeramybagby@hotmail.com and changed it outlook.com and I’m a youth wrestling coach who became terminally ill and I’m fighting for my life while my ex wife and her mother who is a networker for the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow not operator when searching azure ad sign-ins log by location

I would like a way to search the azure ad sign-ins log for locations NOT = US (or any other country). Currently, there is not a way to do this. I need to search on each non-US country code individually (i.e. IN, RO, MX, GB, etc), and there are many. Allowing the use of the not operator would allow me to see this information with a single search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Enable Intuitive error data collection with in portal upon user impact failures

Often we land into issues and Support engineers respond to tickets asking for logs and forward to engineering or PG groups, why not collect all that you can.. here is some strategy I propose, come up with the integration of error and data capture with in portal - upon any user impact failures, resulting in a popup like "we experienced a hiccup, do you wish to retry" with an unique reference id and checkbox which packages the session data and uploads to microsoft servers(under user name) for future reference and ticket logging.. this approach would be much intuitive and user…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Azure AD sign-in activity log should record and show sign-ins from service principal

Currently, Azure AD sign-in activity log only shows user activities. Sign-ins from service principal (certificate or client id/key) is not recorded. So it is difficult for customers to know if service principal is maliciously used by certificate or key leak.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Source and Destination IP and Port/Protocol

I have no way to understand what kind of traffic is being blocked by NSG rules.

Currently, the NSG Flow Logs log what rule is blocking it and the associated conditions, but not the details that matched this condition (which is the meat and potatoes of the log).

I really need to know Source / Destination IP and Source / Destination Protocol & Port to make use of these logs.

This should be included somewhere in the flow logs, or diagnostic logs that go Storage Accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need documentation portal for depricating features...

I find it hard to get information on the features and resources that are being deprecated in Azure. It would be good to have a central location to go to get this information so that we can search for an item that is being deprecated, and then find the action items that we need to perform in order to deal with that deprecation, and ideally timelines. Ie, not before x date, and not after Y date.

This could be expanded to a Azure Monitor window that will show us the items that are going to be deprecated, and what we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically dismiss Security Center recommendations when the resource has been deleted

Currently, Security Center provides recommendations for all resources, including resources which have been deleted. There should be an option to dismiss any Security Center Recommendations related to a resource that is deleted. If they can't be dismissed, then there should be some form of indicator on the recommendation that the resource was deleted along with the date of the deletion.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. is there no way for us to add an application like iOS Accounts to the list of approved client app from the Access Control section of CA

There no way for us to add an application like iOS Accounts to the list of approved client app from the Access Control section of CA policy. This would be beneficial in the event we are wanting to implement conditional access for iOS accounts or other third party applications that use modern authentication.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Networking topology view ,

Having a high-level network topology view in dashboard would help in troubleshooting and understanding the VNet setups , gateways , express route communications , etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show Kudu sites in "Metrics per Instance" chart

The "Metrics per Instance" chart accessed from an App Service Plan blade is invaluable for diagnosing load on an app service plan shared between different app services.

The overall CPU / memory load of the ASP doesn't always make sense however, as the app services are not the only things running. If the Kudu web app is running out of control (see https://github.com/Azure/azure-webjobs-sdk/issues/1050 for an example) this is tricky to identify. Showing the Kudu web apps on the "Metrics per Instance" chart would make this much easier.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure Preview Service Health

Add feature where emails on affected resources are emailed to Azure AD group members who have permissions to those resources.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Simple links in some azure error messages

In Azure when provided errors like this one due to deployment on a resource provider not registered - "error: The subscription {SubName} doesn't have the permission to register the resource provider Microsoft.DBforMySQL." - in this case someone was using a WordPress marketplace app deployment.

Add a corrective action link to the end of error message redirecting the customer to Subscription resource providers blade where they can enable it manually - maybe add a cross check to see if portal user is Azure Sub Owner First before giving corrective action link

https://portal.azure.com/#blade/HubsExtension/ResourceMenuBlade/resourceproviders/id/%2Fsubscriptions%2F{SubID}/referrerInfo/%2Fsubscriptions%2F{SubId}

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automation and Scripts, the bundles of scripts can be provided to the Console user where ever possible, this will save time and efforts,

The Automation of the work by enabling scripts can be provided on the portal where ever possible this will help in creation \ resolution of the issues in a jiffy.

The basic monitoring setup like CPU, Disk , memory can be by default configured for the Admin user and an automated mail for the current infrastructure can be provide by e-mail.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. email alerts for replicated items

Email alerting for failed or critical replication status.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to monitor NAT sessions inside the Azure Portal

Due to some NAT exhaustion issues, we would like to monitor the amount of NAT sessions using a monitoring tool available in the MS Azure portal. Right now it is possible and we cannot see the performance and possible risks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There is an error in the number of connectable disks of portal D8 v3 / D16 v3

There is an error in the number of connectable disks of D8 v3 / D16 v3 size of portal virtual machine.
    D8 v3: 8 / D16 v3: 16, but correctly it is D8 v3: 16 / D16 v3: 32.
    Because the number of data disks recognized by the portal is incorrect, depending on the number of connected data disks, you can not change the size even if disks within the support range are connected.
    (I can change the size from Power Shell)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create a user report or logs to show the regions at which services are located.

In order to satisfy data sovereignty obligations we need to ensure that our data is located in the EU. Currently to verify this we log a ticket with Microsoft and they can tell from the log which region the services are in. It would help if we could have access to this information under the subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rework the azure client portal to be more user friendly.

It is very difficult to navigate the azure portal. Making it more user friendly on how to update payment information, get billing information, change payment information, etc. would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add timestamps to portal notifications

Add timestamps to portal notifications

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Check Progress of SQL Data Warehouse Resume via Portal

Perhaps this is already logged, but I couldn't find it, so am adding this.

It would be great if additional information was made available via portal to check the progress of a SQL data warehouse "resume" operation in order to determine if the operation is stuck or not.

In my scenario, the server that the DW instance was allocated was under pressure, and due to this Azure needed to bounce and retry the operation to allocate the DW instance to a server with appropriate resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base