Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tags (name or value) should not allow leading or trailing white space

I am unable to think of a use case where having leading or trailing white space on a tag name (or value for that matter) adds value to the feature, and most other tools already strip spaces on tags. Additionally it causes issues with being able to retrieve tags because the powershell command to retrieve tags DOES trim the white space. Furthermore these display differently in the portal and spotting the space is not intuitive if you don't know that it is there, until you notice you have multiple tags with the "same" value.

Example: "Environment" as a tag name…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dashboard not showing data for various metrics.

When I make my own dashboards, some data points do not display. For example, Failed requests for an Api. If I look at the api metrics directly I can see the failed requests, if I add them as a metric on a dashboard module, they show zero.

I've tried changing the graph type and other things but I never see data on Failed Requests, Exceptions, Server Exceptions, etc. I can however see some data on other hings like Requests and Users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. In Dashboard, custom timespan does not work correctly for App Insight query tiles

In Dashboard, normally the timespan of the tiles is defined at dashboard-level, but this can be overridden on a per-tile basis.

However, the "from date" does not behave correctly when it's earlier than 1 month from today, even though the UI is correct.

For example, today is 26th Feb, and if I set the from date to any date before 27th Jan (e.g. 1st Jan), it will use 27th Jan to perform the query instead.

This makes the custom timespan useless for many use cases.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Browser bug in Firefox when creating Linux VMs

When trying to create a new Ubuntu Linux VM, the SSH public key field fails validation even with valid input. This happens in Firefox on OS X. A workaround is to use a different browser. This bug appeared within the last month.

Details:
    Firefox 65.0.1
    OS X 10.14.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [BUG] Complience area changing user theme

Hello guys, I found a bug, when I do a double click in one of the policies, I have my theme changed, you can see more about it in this video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16kt-LTGseTZiXFQgxAP37ZeUsyE35FnQ/view

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Issues With Sandbox Activation (Microsoft Learning)

When I activate a sandbox on Microsoft learning, every time I need to refresh the browser refresh to reflect the resourcegroup/ resources etc to be listed on the page. If I click the refresh button on top of the bar inside the each of the pages, it doesn't list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Resource health show date 01-01-1970

Hi
    You need to remove the dates 01-01-1970 from this view in the portal. It is just a small bug, but should be fixed:-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Translations to nl-NL are inconsistent (and wrong)

(see attachments) In the 'virtual machines' blade, the actions in the top bar are all verbs, except for 'Start'. In nl-NL this should be 'Starten'.
    Maybe 'Opnieuw starten' should be 'Opnieuw opstarten', see the remarks below.

In attachment '1' the right-click options for a new (resource model) virtual machine are shown. The option 'Beginnen' should be 'Starten', or at least be the same as in the top bar. The second remark is that here 'Opnieuw opstarten' is used in favor of 'Opnieuw starten'.

In attachment '2' the right-click options for a classic virtual machine are shown. The option 'Starten' its…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make the feedback button work!

I wanted to give a feedback in the Azure Portal. But apparently it doesn't work. If I click the "submit feedback" button, nothing happens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. improve localization

The same strings in Russian localization
    Open attach.
    Than you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure B2C password reset custom page URI - URL is not correctly formatted

When I try to use wildcard value {Culture:RFC5646} inside custom page URI in Page UI Customization for password reset policy, I see "URL is not correctly formatted" error message. I have already used it in sign-up or sign-in policies as well as in profile editing policies, and there it works without any problems, so I suppose, that it should work for password reset policy as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Logout is not happening in browser when multiple tabs are opened in same browser profile

Login to portal.azure.com Open another tab(or) duplicate the existing tab and use the sign-out button on the second browser Tab.

Still you can able to access all the Resources from the first browser tab as session and cookie contain all the key details require for user to access the azure resources.

Even-though it shows message as "You signed out of your account
    It's a good idea to close all browser windows." it is better to log-out/ invalidate all the COOKIE/SESSION pages on current browser profile which improves the security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Problem with Portal - Session Expired.

I am writing and troubleshooting an Azure function and I get a pop up saying that my session has expired.

My portal setting are: Log me out when inactive: Never

Please fix this as it is making it impossible to troubleshoot my function code.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple charts of same type on dashboard no longer update

If you have two charts that use the same axis on the dashboard, you can no longer update either as any changes are dropped when you click update chart on dashboard.
    For instance, I have a monitor of our DTU for the past 24 hours and for the past hour (or did before the option for last hour was removed so now have to use 4 hours). When I tried to update the last hour chart to show a more granular view, it altered it to be the same chart as the 24 hour over view chart.

Now each time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Problem to sign in on Azure Account

In my account I have multiple subscriptions/directories and one of these subscriptions was expired, when I tried sign in on portal I fall in a loop and was shown the follows message: your account is lock.

To can access my account on Azure I need stoped the browser after request the access token to Identity Provider and change the url to make the follow request:

https://portal.azure.com/signin/index/@{another_directory_active}.onmicrosoft.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Incorrect links on the Home > Connections page

Hyperlinks on the Connections landing page are incorrect.

"Learn more about ExpressRoute" -> points to the VPN gateway page
    "Learn more about VPN Gateway" -> points to the ExpressRoute page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Increase your Security

user can login to Microsoft azure with the help of Microsoft vlabs self-paced labs without any verification . From their they get login id and password and set up VM free of cost. by don't following to instructions given to them they create their own high-performance VMs at free of cost. as no information is available in cloud platform immersion.
    Please pay attention.
    and if you find this true please reward me..
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include a face for Azure in the top of the screen in the middle. I think she is a female Artificial Intelligence

As Azure is AI I think she should have a face, she agrees with me, we are friends.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please, help me

I cant access my account to activate my assinature because the page show a error message "Infelizmente, não foi possível concluir a operação." i tried to access so many times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How can I remove my azure account? I don't want to receive SPAM any more!

I can't unsuscribe for mailing list.
    I can't remove my account.

The only way seems to be mark emails as spam, but I don't want to receive more emails from Azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base