Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inherit region from parent

When creating a new resource, the region defaults to South Central US; so requires changing on every new resource added.
    Better would be for this value to default to the same region as the resource's parent; so allow a default region to be set for a subscription (https://feedback.azure.com/forums/223579-azure-portal/suggestions/6715615-when-selecting-a-location-how-to-save-as-default) and have all resource groups under that sub default to that value. Then have any resources created in the resource group default to that resource group's region. This should lower the effort of setting up a new environment with no negative side effects.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Selection of VM generation option greyed out for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS image

Hi Team,

When we try to click on + Create a resource and click on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS image to deploy the VM, gen2 option in Advances tab is greyed out.

However if we follow below steps its allowing to select the option.

• Sign in to the Azure portal at https://portal.azure.com
    • Select + Create a resource and search for “Ubuntu Server” as shown in the screenshot below
    • In the next screen, select Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS and click on create option
    • In next subsequent screens please provide the details based on your requirement
    • Click on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create Azure AD Authentication for Streamlit Applications

Streamlit is absolutely blowing up amongst the Data Science and SWE communities and I am almost exclusively using it for tailoring web applications with minimal JS needed.

I recently built out a really useful login protocol with SessionState and checking against the users registration in Windows AD, but it still lacks proper OAUTH2 protocols and appropriate hashing.

It would be awesome if this could be done through Azure while still maintaining the Streamlit login page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Social Media Integration

I work for an Asset Management firm, and it would be an awesome tool for us to easily integrate predictive analytics into social media software alongside automated market commentary generated in real-time.

It would be multiplicative in benefits because;

1. Users don't need to excessively encumber themselves with application registrations, their existing social media (Say Instagram) would be all that is required.

2. My firm would benefit from the market exposure while minimizing development needs for a Front End beyond the BI we publish.

3. Microsoft could tag these streams as 'Powered by Azure Data Stream' etc...

4. The social media platforms become more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Visual Studio integration with Azure Portal

Just a thought came to my mind about having seems integration between Azure Portal and Visual Studio for development as if we are doing web development, we can just have a plugin installed to Visual Studio and it allows all kind of development with VS.
    I understand that Azure Portal is very efficient and gives portability but for heavy duty developers we need seamless integration.
    For example: Data Factory pipe lines and Azure Data Bricks needs lot of debugging capabilities while write a complex code and need line by line tracing.
    This should be available as per my opinion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Azure Portal - Template - Deploy - default values not evaluating functions

Parameter Default values are not evaluating functions.

"parameters": {

"location": {
    "type": "string",
    "metadata": { "description": "Location for all resources." },
    "defaultValue": "[resourceGroup().location]",
    "allowedValues": [
    "centralus",
    "eastus2",
    "australiaeast",
    "australiasoutheast"
    ]
    },
    "subscription": {
    "type": "string",
    "metadata": { "description": "Sub to deploy too." },
    "defaultValue": "[subscription().displayName]"
    }
    },

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Azure Site recovery (ASR), the Configuration server vault registration

Azure Site recovery (ASR), the Configuration server vault registration: Update the code to do a self check, if you enter IP beyond .255 in

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ODATA source during connection issue

I am trying to import data from ODATA source to Azure Blob storage. During making of connection with source facing below problem.:
    The retrieved type of data JObject with value {"Year":2019,"Month":12,"Day":30} is not supported yet. Please either remove the targeted column 'Date'

Does anyone having any idea or MS can provide some solution for this issue. I would be highly appriciate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use the allowed values from policy as location options for creating resources/resourcegroups

When a policy like "Allowed locations" is implemented, the allowed values of the policy should be used as location options when you create a resource(group). Currently, you can select any location, and you'll find out that creation will fill after filling in all the details. Implementing this would save a lot of time

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Function: Export resource group as terraform file.

It should be possible to export a current resource group deployment as a terraform file, azure cli statements or azure powershell statements.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

11. Add Database/VM size on the right top of the performence metrics

We rely mainly on the Azure dashboard for monitoring and It will be very useful for us to have database sizes on the metrics

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Visualize subnets in vnet

Nobody likes to calculate subnets, and in 2020 computers should do this for us. A simple timeline-like visualizer could be part of Vnet subnet overview and creation to help you see which parts of vnet address space are available for use.
    On top of that, sorting of subnets could be improved, so that you can sort address spaces sequentially for same reason.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. API connections in Logic app using ARM template

Right now, we don't have any option to create 'API connections' which can be used in Logic app through ARM template. Let's say If I need to authenticate ADF connector through ServicePrincipal, I don't find any inbuilt section through which I can identify the exact JSON for defining API Connection. In that case, how will I automate that API Connection using ARM template JSON.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When creating VM, let us specify resource group & name for NIC

When creating a new VM from the interface, it would be convenient when in the networking tab, we can specify the name of the NIC, and what resource group the vnet should be created in.

I'm sure we're not the only one who has separate RSG's for the VM's and vnet's?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Re-enabling a disabled Ad Synchronization

Waiting 72 hrs to re-enable a disabled AD sync is not feasible in the current world. This problem has existed for years it's time you did something ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add .NetCore 3.1 in the dropdown for runtime stack

As we have .net Core 3.1, we changed our project to use it and CI failed as the azure system only supports .net core 3.0

Please let me know when will that be added and also make sure as all these are dependant with new versions for projects and CI/CD, to release the version around all the products for a smoother transition

Thx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please setup default public SSH key for user

Every time I am creating a new virtual machine, I need to copy SSH from my computer. I would like to have a possibility to set up my default public SSH key per user and such key will be pre-fill automatically during VM deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Virtual machine from os disk of existing VM

I have created ubuntu vm using nvidia image from marketplace.
    I set username and password for admin.
    After some time i have copied disk to another region and tried to use Disk -> Create VM feature.
    As result it states that i don't have existing plan(marketplace image plan).
    I have modified template with plan from original deployment template , not sure if it is correct but the issue seems to go away and vm is deployed. Now i cant access vm because original admin credentials wont work. So i had to reset password for vm using portal.
    Can this be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring Static Websites feature to government Azure

It would be great to have this feature for use in the Government Azure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If Azure provide us automatice pictorial architecture diagram of the cloud enviroment we created along with VM,storage, firewall, lb etc

Once the virtual environment created , If it provide the Architectural diagram of along with DCs, vms, storage, database and its availablily , it will be very good. Also it has to automatically modify the architecture diagram according to the VMs updated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base