Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Close buttons needed while customizing or creating dashboards

Close buttons needed while customizing or creating dashboards

At present, there is no Close button to use while customizing or editing or creating Dashboards. If close button is there, users can use this to avoid new changes and able to keep the existing customized dashboards. while creating new customized dashboards, it forces to create and then delete. Close button helps to save time as well as useful here. Image Attached for ref. at present Done Customizing button alone is there with Tile Gallery.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Consume an Azure Dashboard from a Sharepoint page

A customer would like to consume some Azure Dashboards from a Sharepoint page. It would be great to have kind of an Azure connector or a way to add the Azure Dashboard using the Embed Web Part.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. where are my site www docs

website files must be accessible and visible on the azure portal. like cpanel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Shortcuts to other dasboards as tiles

We are trying to build Monitoring dashboard using Monitor Workbooks. Dashboard size is too small to have all tiles we want on one. In that case it would be nice to have possibility to place shortcuts to other dashboards on "mother" dashboard. For Example - the main one with resource health stats + some generic info and tiles ("shortcuts") to dashboards devoted to VMs, Applications, Storage Accounts .... ect. ect. with more specific measurements inside.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Azure Portal save and use All Resources Views By Tags with sorting refernce by URL or add to Tiles in Dashboards

Allow Azure Portal All Resources Views By Tags to be used explicitly in Dashboard Tiles with sorting or Expose URL 's for Azure Portal All Resources (Views) and or allow referenced URL's to be used a in Markdown Tile to aid in navigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Resizable Service Health widget

Resizable Service Health widget :
    If you customize your query on the Service Health page and the n add that map as a widget on a dashboard, it gets added with default dimensions (4 x 3) and looks odd in case you are not using the same size for your widgets. e.g. in my case I am using (6 x 4) size for the widgets on my dashboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hello, can you add an option to delete your account in the dashboard area, at the moment its not possibl to do that and i want to remove acc

hello, can you add an option to delete your account in the dashboard area, at the moment its not possible to do that and i want to remove account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Usr experience is very bad.. Like AWS you can click and it flows like stream ..Azure makes it tough and difficult for new users Focus on UX

Usr experience is very bad.. Like AWS you can click and it flows like stream ..Azure makes it tough and difficult for new users Focus on UX

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add CPU Utilization chart to overview section of azure application gateway

Recently, the CPU Utilization metric was added for azure application gateway. It would be great if the dashboard for CPU Utilization could be added to the overview section of the application gateways similar to what is there for other metrics like Sum Total Requests, Sum Total Requests etc (the overview section currently displays charts for 7 different metrics).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Aloow changing columns in grids on dashboard

Pin to Dashboard does not honour the columns I've selected. I flip to dashboard and it only has a few columns that aren't relevant to my dashboard. Can't change columns in dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dashboard reader role in Azure porta;

I am requesting for a dashboard reader role in Azure portal. We create a lot of dashboards based on Azure metrics or app insights. We share these dashboards with groups like help desk. We are currently adding the help desk group as a reader in the resource group. If there is a dashboard reader, that would be better preferred so we don't have provide read access which would allow the group to see more than what they are supposed to see.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

12. Allow custom names for times in Portal clocks

Rather than having the tile state "Central Standar..." I would like to be able to enter a custom name like "Chicago"

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to up-vote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

13. Dashboard Label Customization

I would be nice to change the name of a label in a tile so that I know what my tile is doing. For example, I have some App Insights Search criterion that I am keeping track of on the Dashboard. All is see is "Search" and the number of events. I stopped there because I won't be able to keep track of them. Please advise if I am missing something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SQL Database overview on Dashboard

While pinning Azure SQL Database overview tab to Dashboard, it is only available as a small icon showing name and "online" status, which is not useful in any way, but there is option to "Remove from Dashboard" and "Delete" while clicking on context menu.
    Option to delete DB should not be there, as it might be clicked by mistake while trying to remove Dashboard tile. Especially as it do not asks for DB name for deletion confirmation, like in normal overview screen, which is additional risk to accidentally delete DB instead of tile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dashboard queries not limited to Resource Graph

Being able to customise dashboard using queries from Resource Graph is great but it'd be nice to take things a step further and to be able to create dashboards like those in the ccodashboard Github repo, although without the requirement for PowerBI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. text size in metrics

I'm surprised this isn't already an idea, maybe there's a method documented somewhere and I can't find it.

We (and we can't be the only one) use an Azure dashboard on a 4K 55" TV in our support centre for the analysts to have as an easy monitoring board. Problem is the text is so small for everything from identifiers on the bar charts, to the readouts in grids. Can we get a function to increase the font size?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unsaved changes to a dashboard blocks basic features

When using a shared dashboard and just testing changes/and or just wanting to change the timespan temporarily, the dashboard says there are unpublished changes and this blocks MANY features, like being able to make further edits, full screen, SEARCH, etc. There is no reason for a change to block so many features, especially if I want the change just locally for a short time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

19. Azure Service Bus Topic and Queue Dashboard

It would be great to have Dashboard tiles that allowed for Grid data to be displayed like the "User Counter" tile in the out of the box dashboard.

We have teams that would like to see the inbound number of messages on a Topic, the queue count and then the subscriber count. Something like the Queue and Topic counters and graphs. However on a Dashboard with the ability to choose which bits they see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to save and name time ranges on a dashboard so that I can recall them later.

I am looking at performance data during load testing and I know the start and end times for the tests. I have multiple tests, so it would be nice to be able to save the time range of each test and then load it without having to manually enter the time ranges in every time I want to change tests.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base