Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Consume an Azure Dashboard from a Sharepoint page

A customer would like to consume some Azure Dashboards from a Sharepoint page. It would be great to have kind of an Azure connector or a way to add the Azure Dashboard using the Embed Web Part.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unsaved changes to a dashboard blocks basic features

When using a shared dashboard and just testing changes/and or just wanting to change the timespan temporarily, the dashboard says there are unpublished changes and this blocks MANY features, like being able to make further edits, full screen, SEARCH, etc. There is no reason for a change to block so many features, especially if I want the change just locally for a short time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Alert dashboard (i.e. 'all alerts') does not correctly show updated status. Refresh does not help either. :(

This feels really a bit off - drilling into the individual rules shows the correct monitor condition and alert state, but the overview dashboard does not update correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rename "Restore" in Azure SQL to something else

The word "restore" and the explanation associated with the restore process, e.g. "SQL database is being restored in resource group *****." gives the incorrect notion that the existing SQL database's contents are being modified to a previous point in time, when really a copy is being created. Restore is not the correct word for this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Increase table row count limitation (max 2000) in Azure Dashboard

Increase table row count limitation (max 2000) in Azure Dashboard .
    When pinned a query result table to azure dashboard, it only displays 2000 rows. Any plan to increase this limitation ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dashboard reader role in Azure porta;

I am requesting for a dashboard reader role in Azure portal. We create a lot of dashboards based on Azure metrics or app insights. We share these dashboards with groups like help desk. We are currently adding the help desk group as a reader in the resource group. If there is a dashboard reader, that would be better preferred so we don't have provide read access which would allow the group to see more than what they are supposed to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

7. Ability to save and name time ranges on a dashboard so that I can recall them later.

I am looking at performance data during load testing and I know the start and end times for the tests. I have multiple tests, so it would be nice to be able to save the time range of each test and then load it without having to manually enter the time ranges in every time I want to change tests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

8. dashboard change history / versioning

Capture change history for published azure portal dashboards. Enable the ability to revert to past versions of a particular dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add automatic refresh for Application Insights queries (tables) pinned to Azure Dashboard

According to Microsoft documentation there is automatic refresh for charts pinned to Azure Dashboard.

But there is no any automatic update applied for the table, moreover refresh button on the tile work only first time when you click on it.

It would be a lot more useful to have automatic refresh for all AI queries, doesn't matter of displaying format.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

10. Allow customization of the Azure portal by query string for better integration with customer applications

When linking the Azure portal to a customer web app, typically customers would like to customize the portal by query strings. Things lik
    -Collapse/expand favorite panel
    -Remove favorite panel and render in full screen.

This specially important in the cases where non-IT users interacting with the portal for something like devtest labs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

11. Better way to organize multiple dashboards

We have created a lot of dashboards with various metrics which are very useful for quick troubleshooting and monitoring but the dashboard dropdown shows only 10 dashboards in an arbitrary order so you have to use "Browse all dashboard" widget every single time. Would be very productive (especially when you are triaging production issues) if favorite dashboards are displayed in the dropdown or allows to chose the display order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

12. colourising the resource groups

The possibility of colourising the resource groups icon in azure portal may be useful in some scenarios.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

13. Ability to publish custom dashboard to external system (for example slack)

It will be good to have custom dashboard to external system for users who doesn't have access to Azure Portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

14. Pin filtered resources to Azure Dashboard

In Azure you can filter your resources, e.g. resource groups, by certain filters like specific tags. It would be nice to pin that filtered list to your dashboard.
    Currently, it you filter a list in Azure and then pin it to the dashboard, it is pinned without the filters applied. This way you could pin dynamic lists, e.g. all resources tagged with your department tag.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. dashboard

Create a dashboard tile that can show a policy compliance score for a given resource group. Score please, not tumbnail image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dashboard time/timezone

I want to make a suggestion for the Azure dashboard feature.

I generally like this feature and it is very useful for me but there is a suggestion regarding UI which can be improved.

The time/timezone feature can be aligned with the other buttons Fullscreen, Clone, Delete like on the picture.

This modification can provide even much more space on the dashboard so the customers can put more pieces of information.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Custom Tile in Azure Dashboard

Creating custom tile and importing external data will improve the Azure board experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow me to select my default dashboard---or at least save the last one used

Every time I log in, it keeps going to some generic empty dashboard now after making the apparent-in-hindsight mistake of making my own public. No amount of cloning, un-publicizing, etc gets me my old default dashboard back again, and there is no way to copy the contents of the dashboard I WANT into the empty one that I keep logging into.

So, please make a way for us to set our default dashboard, or at the very least save the last dashboard used and default to that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. refresh

Only the tiles that are generated by Application insights get auto refreshed properly. Charts created manually in the Logs are not able to be auto- refreshed, having a refresh button on the tile instead. Any one can help with this please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base