Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a search bar to the menu on the left.

It would be nice to have a search bar in the left menu panel. The tabs here aren't listed in the global search bar and sometimes it's hard to find a tab you want. There is a ctrl-f option but you know, this solution would be easier to navigate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Filtering name in Resource Group should also include the hidden-title

Filtering name in Resource Group overview should also include the hidden-title tag. For Workbook resources, the name is a guid and is not user friendly to filter through.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add options to save default filter-settings, and to sort Favorites alphabetically

Please add options to save the filter settings for resources. Every time I enter All Resources I have to go into the filter and choose "type" so I can have a better overview. Improvements is needed on this.

Also, I'm very surprised you haven't implemented a simple "sort alphabetically"-option for Favorites. Please add this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow us to activate multiple assignments in Priveliged Identity Management.

Right now we need to activate RBAC roles 1 by 1 and then the window needs to refresh before selecting a new one. If we could select all of the roles we need and then click "Activate" it would reduce the amount of time wasted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. delete resource group

Please move the Delete resource group button to the last. I accidentally click it while clicking on refresh button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change mouse to pointer when hovering over menu items after a search

I only observe this when searching for an item in the marketplace. If I click on "Create a Resource" then type something in the search-bar and hit Enter, the left nav menu "on-hover" mouse pointer shows as a text selector type and not a pointer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. G+H shortcut for Home page

G+H shortcut for Home page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. best digital marketing institute in delhi

Do you want to enroll in the best digital marketing course to succeed in your career as a digital marketer? Are you looking out for best digital marketing course in Kolkata? Well, WebTek Digital Marketing is the best place to explore. This popular digital marketing course is taught by industry experts and besides classroom lectures, you can participate in hands-on projects to enhance your professional skills. Indeed, this course is best for working professionals, entrepreneurs and students. Moreover, classes are held in small batches to provide individual attention and these are mostly organized on weekends and holidays. Starting from SMO,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change azure shortcuts for German keyboards

The shortcuts
    "Seach blade menu items"
    and
    "Search resources (global)"
    aren't functioning with a GER keyboard because we can't type a "/" without using SHIFT (SHIFT + 7).
    Acutally we can, but using the numpad for "/" doesn't work.

Please change this to something like
    "CTRL+<"
    or
    "CTRL+#"
    or smth else instead.

See: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/22673

Also, trying to use my Microsoft Account for this feedback-portal, I get this:

"
    Das ausgewählte Benutzerkonto ist im Mandanten "UserVoice, Inc." nicht vorhanden und kann auf die Anwendung "91a42e81-999b-4cf1-aa36-bb33f25ff53b" in diesem Mandanten nicht zugreifen. Das Konto muss dem Mandanten zuerst als externer Benutzer hinzugefügt werden.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search via Acronym

I think it would be great if the Azure Portal omni-search bar allowed users to search for modules via common acronyms. For example Security Center: ASC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. VMs are not redirected to home page (overview) instead directed to the page which was previously opened for another VM

Repro Steps:

1. Login into https://portal.azure.com/

2. Select Virtual Machines

3. Select any VM from list of VMs. It will redirect to home page (overview) of that VM.

4. Select any other page of that VM, like networking or reset password.

5. Now select any other VM from list.

Expected Result:

After selecting another VM from list, it should be redirected to home page (overview) of that VM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto-sort Azure Favorites

enable auto-sort (alphabetically) the list of items created in my favorites. Manual sort is not useful when you have many favorites created on many directories.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Give an option to set a default on resource grouping

My idea is simple, to enable an option somewhere for default grouping persistence.

When I enter a resource group I want the resources within to be grouped in a certain way, that is already there, the thing is, it is does not persist. When you go out of that resource group and enter again it is already ungrouped again.

It would be pretty comfortable and useful to set a default for resource grouping.

Thanks,

David.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. wildcard filter

I'd desperately love to use wildcards ( or %) when searching or filtering through Devices, Users, or other objects in the Azure portal for our tenant. We have thousands of computers, and there is limited filtering available based on string characters from the beginning of a machine or user name, but enabling use of wildcards in the search box would be incredibly helpful. (e.g. tons of machines named "BuildingRoom-123", "BuildingRoom-456", etc. could all be returned using "BuildingRoom-" or "BuildingRoom-%" in the search box...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export and Import Favorites List

We are working with many different Tenants. I would like to export and import my Favorites from a Tenant to another. I can imagine that that helps also other admins.

And if possible you can store the favorites in the CSP Tenant, so that I don't need to export/import first for a CSP admin. If I a network admin, I need the same Favorites for that in each customer tenant.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Office365 Manage more than one Tenant, and switch directory like azure

Office365 ability to switch company (Tenants) and directory like azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better search for groups

When searching groups, for example, if i have a group named "iOS classroom" and I am trying to assign an app to that group, searching "classroom" shows no results. It seems you have to type the first letters of the group to get it to find it. Even typing "os classroom" shows no results.
    That is kind of unacceptable for a search engine. I have not noticed this issue in any other search field yet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Manage apps by groups\add multiple apps to a group at once

In most cases, in our schools, we have lots of different groups of iOS devices and it would be great if we could have second way to add apps to groups on the "change group assignments" section of "intuneeducation.portal.azure.com" so that instead of having to search each individual app, select a group (adding one app to multiple groups is already great the way it is now) and have the two table with the left side being apps that are already assigned and the right side being all the available apps that are not in that group. Would make assigning apps…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expand search features to include Computer Name field

Expand the search features to include the Computer Name field.

Virtual machine naming standards may change down the road causing a mismatch from the originally created Azure Virtual Machine name. Allowing for searches to include the option of Computer Name, will allow for quicker discovery.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base