Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable or Disable functionality for different resources within Resource Group.

I want to disable resources within a resource group when I am not using them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. List of ALL the subscriptions associated to my User Login.

Currently the portal shows in the "Subscriptions" section only the subscription associated to the Directory (AAD) that is selected by default. I have several subscriptions associated to several directories.

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to have Portal Notifications as Destop Notifications

Option to have Notifications, like a successful deploy or failed deploy, as a desktop notification.

This would allow you to leave the portal and do other tasks while waiting for e.g. a large deploy. When the deployment is done you will see the notification on the desktop, while having the portal web page open in the background.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Limit what's visible in the portal based on RM policies

Currently, the Azure portal shows all available resources and all available regions. It would be great if we can curate what's visible in the portal based ARM policies. For instance, if I have a policy that limits what regions I can provision my resources into, the portal should only show the allowable resources. Currently, the user won't know there's a restriction until they try to provision something outside of an allowable region. This causes user frustration, confusion, and most importantly, time.

Other use cases:
    If I restrict access to only compute, networking, and storage service providers, those should be the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure Portal ARM Templates (Preview)

Direct GitHub access from within Azure Portal for downloading/uploading or synchronizing ARM templates between Azure Portal and GitHub.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. share deep link to resource in portal

linking to a resource to track and include resource details with development in Visual Studio Online.
    primarily to have convenient way for SCRUM and teams to access important details about their environment for dev, break/fix, and reviews.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to delete all unused resource groups in the new portal

I have lots of unused resource groups from experimenting with different resources. Now, I need to delete them one by one which is a tedious process.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Merge Resource Groups

As an azure user I would like the ability to select two or more resource groups in the portal and select merge which would result in all the groups being consolidated into one. One of the selected resource groups would be selected as the "target" group and all other groups would be removed.

This would be a faster version of the delete and consolidate option I've also posted.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a means to disable feedback prompts in the portal.

I am constantly asked to provide feedback on my experience with the portal. Please allow me disable the feedback prompts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. UI does not update on template creation

When creating a template that creates a new resource group and a number of resources, the UI does not update to include all the resources in the group. The deployment status does not update with the steps completed or in-process. Hitting refresh on the blade of the resource group does show the created resources, not sure why it does not update on its own, which is the expected behavior. The deployment status is not udpdated until the browser itself is refreshed. The expected behavior is to update automatically or at least when the refresh button on the resource group blade…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option for deletion of related resources at time of deleting a resource

When someone deletes a resource (say a VM) he/she may want to delete all the resources that are being used by this current resource (like NICs, Public IPs, VNETs for the VM). If there is an option like a checklist, listing all the related resources and the user can select which resources to delete along with, it can be a real hassle-free experience for the user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to visualize your Azure engagement

I have ended up managing many Azure resources (my own and customers') attached to many accounts (including my work and personal account that have the same email). I find it very difficult to get an overview of what engagement I have. What account do I use to manage that resource? What am I allowed to do here? What subscriptions do I have? What directory is connected to this account? I am also struggling with understanding the basic structure of Azure (admins roles, subscriptions etc). It would be helpful to get some kind of overview of my different engagements. Perhaps a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save the command in the title to use custom commands (preview Portal)

In the portal where you can use Commands you should be able to use your own predefined commands saved on a blob or somewhere else. this is good for reuse and not typing the same everytime.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show total number of resources in a given view

As the number of resources grows the views inside the portal can become more complex and difficult to visually comprehend/manage/keep track off. One simple way to improve this would be to show the number of items in any given view. For example in the "Resource Group" blade at the top it would be good to show the number of resources groups there are. As this list grows it can stretch beyond the bottom of the screen and difficult to see how many there are. Showing the number is a quick way to see how many there are, but also to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. UI for Resource Policy Management and Policy Aware for resource creation in portal

Azure Resource Policy is a great feature for enterprise customers to enforce their resources in a compliant state. However, there is no user interface to view policy definitions and assignments in a given scope. Also, the UI don't respect policy at all but only give an error after the deployment is submitted.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it easier to manage subscriptions!!!!

like add, remove...

mine is disabled,

fine let me fix it.....?

Really now MS, your doing great but this annoyed the **** out of me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add drag-and-drop support for moving Azure Resources

It would be really cool, if a user could drag-and drop a Resource from one Resource Group into a different Resource Group. This is a very natural action that a user might perform with their mouse, and it would be great if it "just worked."

Here is how I would envision the user workflow to occur:

1. Open the Resource Group list blade

2. Click on the source Resource Group, to open its blade

3. In the list of Resources, click and drag a Resource (multi-select should also work)

4. The Portal detects that you're trying to move a Resource(s), so it automatically scrolls…
    5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a short description ("info") for each resource

For example: I don't know the difference between "Virtual Machines (classic)" & "Virtual Machines".

I think a brief description next to the title could help me to understand what means each resource, even before creating one of them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Type in UI for changing resource group on a classic resource.

When moving a resource from one resource group to another (classic resources) the UI prompts you to type 'Defau' to confirm. This seems like a typo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base