Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide support for portal.azure.com

When something seems to be broken in the Azure portal itself (https://portal.azure.com), there is no avenue to get support from Microsoft.
    If Microsoft expects customers to use https://portal.azure.com to manage resources they are already paying for, Microsoft should provide support for https://portal.azure.com withing requiring an additional paid support plan. Paying for Azure resources should include support for https://portal.azure.com.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic mitigation policy based on risk type, not just severity

Azure AD Identity Protection reports risks for my users and allows me to set policies based on severity, but not type. I'd like to treat "Impossible travel to atypical locations" differently than "Signins from unfamiliar locations" or "Signins from anonymous IPs" with an automatic mitigation policy, but I can't because those are all considered medium risk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to import comma delimited text file (FAQ Questions & Answers) in to SQL Database

I'm creating a FAQ bot and wanted to use the answers which are stored in our production database. So I exported the database records into a comma delimited text file. Then I wanted to import this text file into the SQL Database so the bot can refer to the rows of data there for the answers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show permissions required in error messages and for grayed out items

Currently it is very difficult to figure out what roles are required for specific admin functions. For example, the Active Directory add app registration button is clickable. When I enter the new information for an app, it tells me that I don't have permission to do this, but I have no idea how to request the permissions I need.

It would be great if the error message lists the role required to perform this function. Or better yet, a button that says "Request Permission" with an automatic email to the persons who can grant permission and an optional message for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Free Trail

Free trail for 30 days is not allowing people to practice properly. It would be better to have multiple times for 30 days. let people start from scratch every 30 days. So, they can only use it for practicing not for actual project stuff. ONLY ONE TIME is not good at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Linux with GUI

I have been using Azure recently and have seen great strides towards innovation. My wish today is for Microsoft to launch a Microsoft and gradually introduce the GUI of windows into the Linux. I think a MS Linux that works like/close to Windows 10 will be the differentiator for developers such as me to use AWS and Azure more frequently. Currently learning to use App Center more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. offline azure

to get azure portal without internet and sync when its needed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. User Interface

By seeing Azure Interface and options, learners are loosing metal stability. Who can share ideas with you.?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Configure lock screen/wallpaper on iOS devices

I have been asked the question at work and i wasn't too sure if it could be done using in tune, but after a quick google search in tune does support the ability to configure the lock screen/wall paper on iOS devices, this would be a great Basic function.

Can oyu please include this in an update A.S.A.P please...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Help-Center of Azure Portal work!!!

It is insane that Microsoft created the portal for communication with the customers, and this point of contact does not work.

As the Azure expert did a great job and has provided a proper solution with print-screens - we should be able to see them.

Analysis:
    The MS Expert had use an email to respond (guess: the tickets are delivered via email?), where he could use rich-text or HTML email formatting. The portal displays pure TEXT so no attachments are available.

This is to put it nicely - LAME - as it is a Microsoft who has delivered this non-functioning…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. make dropdown menus and allow us to select keys and addresses instead of having us use a notepad to keep track of what we made.

I have to keep a notepad to keep track of my connection strings and keys. It's very confusing sometimes to figure out what to fill in text fields. It would be great to have a meaningful contextual name or the string itself prepopulated in a dropdown or searchable dropdown menu to pick from instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. RSS Feed Updates for Visual Changes in the Portal

Can visual changes made to existing blades in the Azure Portal be notified via the Azure Updates RSS feed?

Recovery Services Vaults was visually updated a couple of weeks back with no mention and Storage Account deployment via the Marketplace was updated earlier this week with no mention.
    A while back the VM sizes table was updated with no mention anywhere beforehand or afterwards.

The last thing people want is to see a new interface when they need to perform a critical task, like use ASR for failover.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Global Portal Timeout for Tenant Users

A Global Timeout for users that login into the Portal. There is only a user level Timeout. Being requested by our InfoSec Dept.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Economics: Market Differentiation (lower fees) for Community Edition VS2017 Developers

Maybe it could not be practically doable, but I know that the excellent Azure interface, features, and flow of web app management could benefit "starving artist" mode solo developers greatly. A moderate amount of market differentiation, meaning that prices would conceivably be about 33% of what costs are for larger entities, might allow small operators, who often are self-funded from other incomes, use these services. Some *very* small businesses in the fold of the web app scene could bring about good competitive stimulus for all concerned. However, a developer like myself who has considered some web app ideas that fit…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. need option to select particular files on storage account in the portal itself

need option to select particular files on blob in the portal itself to download or to delete selective files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tôi có đẹp trai không

Có. Rất đẹp

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Help + support - All support requests - Disable preloading

In the All support requests screen, it tries to load just the open tickets before any criteria is set, this is causing a huge delay to quickly track an Azure ticket's status, have to wait until all is loaded.

Suggestion:

Do not allow to pre-load all, instead provide an option to first set one of the criteria's and then load based on the criterias set.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Robotic Automation can be added to process like SQL Queries , load balancers

Robotic Automation can be added to process like SQL Queries , load balancers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base