Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i think i can make clothe with electronic circuitry.

there is graphene material available in market, with the help of this and some some other material i can make wearable clothes witch colour properties can be varied as per our requirement. No need to buy new clothes every months. like nike has already made auto tighting shoe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I think for it to be more basic then complicated.

I just think that it is a bit just to complicated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Number of results returned

Have the option to set the number of results to be returned on screen on any given blade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ADD A WAY TO CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION IN SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!

Give users a way to CANCEL THEIR SUBSCRIPTION in settings to avoid having to go to forums like this!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow us to use a TRUE password

When you change your password at logon (password reset) and you enter any invalid character (never documented), you cannot login anymore.
    Following my tests, a password must have 8-16 characters and NEVER have any of theses characters :
    ù µ £ € à é § è ç à ² ³

That make it easier for a brute force attack!
    Please, allow any printable characters and remove the limit of 16 characters max! We can have a TRUE secure password better than that !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. One more strategic to sustainable development

The concept of the 'Small Worm evolution Service' has come from one young man in Lao PDR. Despite being from a poor family, he has developed this amazing concept and uses it to help his community. Started a few years ago, this young man has shown the community that anyone can change things by being effective and functioning efficiently within the community. Providing a voluntary service to a community was a novel concept to his students, who were surprised to see his vision to provide help to communities without any personal benefit. This website is not created to run any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Storage account share accessible through the web to the public (WAN)

I would require to get a storage account setup with a share that can be be easily opened (read) from a browser to the public with no access keys and mounting requirement out of the box. Like the possibility to create a web site with a file index.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prices should be clearly stated when pressing the 'BUY' button

While being victim of an error in Azure platform, I decided to get help on that by purchasing a support subscription.
    When you do that, there is no indication about price.
    My mistake, I admit, because I purchased a standard (@253€/month) instead of Developer (@24€/month).
    Prices should be clearly stated when pressing the 'BUY' button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Send email to user notifying them of new permissions

A customer asked about this and it seems like a reasonable ask. When we create a new user, we can send them their username\password, but often times this is before they have any permissions to do anything (At least in classic portal).

It would be nice if the user creation and adding permissions journey included sending updates to permissions. This could also be considered a security best practice. Preferably though, I think it would be best to have a "Notify user via email" check box when you modify permissions would be a nice feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alert on dashboard needed when account is disabled

So just recently my account got disabled because I hit my spending limit. What happened was that some of my blades (my app settings and the authentication/authorization blade) froze up. It was only after I'd raised a request with the Twitter support line that I realised it might have been my account. I checked and removed my spending limit, then after it had propagated through the servers my blades came online again.

If I'd had a clear alert on my dashboard I wouldn't have felt the need to go through support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom info in Help

We are a large enterprise customer utilizing Azure and have some internal teams to help manage Azure as well as support agreements with Microsoft for support (including Azure and Azure development).

It would be a neat feature in the portal, in the Help area, to be able to customize some text for our own help. For example, I could see us customizing contact info for the EA admin(s), contact info for internal and external (MS) support, links to corporate SharePoint sites with Azure info and other project pages specific, governance/usage info, and billing info. I could see this information set…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Play a MIDI file while the portal loads

While waiting for the portal to load it would be nice if a MIDI file could be played to make the experience more exciting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The Language translation bar should put on top of the page.

As many of the individuals are seeking local language pages, people don't know the button exists, which would be better on the top banner, so people can know it and convert it into their home language right away.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve Portal Performance

The Azure Portal performance is horribly slow! The blades take too much time to load and keep moving back and forward while loading. Switching from one "Blade Flow" to another take about half a minute of loading time.

I know there is already an issue similar to this in this User Voice, however someone from Microsoft marked the task as Completed. Clearly this is not completed or fixed. Our whole company is adopting Microsoft Azure and this is the number one complaint that I have. I can also help replicate it if need be, but I am sure it is…

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

This is something we’re still actively working on. It has a been a big area of investment and it still is moving forward. We keep investing in performance, both from a client and server side perspective.

We have a few things coming in the near future which should help address some of the initial UI performance issues. We’re also heavily engaged with all of our partners driving a broad effort to improve performance across the portal for all experiences.

If you have any specific areas which are causing pain please feel free to reach out to me or comment and state if we can contact you, it would be great to understand the common pain points.

Cheers,
    Sean.

18. Allow rename of network interface resources

When creating a VM in the Azure Portal using the ARM deployment model, the network interface is labeled with the hostname + a 5 digit random? number.

I haven’t found a way to change this in the Portal.

In case a customer would prefer to use their own naming convention for interface resources, like <hostname>-ifc, can we consider adding this option to the Azure Portal?

I realize there is likely a way to do this already with ARM templates and PowerShell based deployments, but having this feature also available in the GUI would provide some added flexibility for new customers…

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reduce the browser memory footprint, and elimnate the memory leaks.

There seem to be some rather significant memory leaks in the Portal Dashboard. I've made the mistake of leaving it running overnight a few times, and the browser process working memory use, with the portal being the only browser tab open is often in excess of 1.5 GB. This is with no tiles open. In a few cases, I could not unlock the computer and had to reach across the network to kill the iexplore.exe process before I could gain local access.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More color options for portal

I think it's great for me to switch colors between subscriptions as I have been added to some customer subscriptions so I can set different set of colors based on which subscription is being used.

Currently you offer only 4 different schemes - there should be a lot more plus an option to customize (if I want a pink theme, please let me have it - with unicorns :)) This would be a great visual differentiator between subscriptions as I need to switch between them all the time just to remind me what I'm working with (e.g. green = development,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base