Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open source the portal/blade/tech

Love the new UI. Would also love to use it in my own projects....

340 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  37 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Portal Performance

The Azure Portal performance is horribly slow! The blades take too much time to load and keep moving back and forward while loading. Switching from one "Blade Flow" to another take about half a minute of loading time.

I know there is already an issue similar to this in this User Voice, however someone from Microsoft marked the task as Completed. Clearly this is not completed or fixed. Our whole company is adopting Microsoft Azure and this is the number one complaint that I have. I can also help replicate it if need be, but I am sure it is…

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

This is something we’re still actively working on. It has a been a big area of investment and it still is moving forward. We keep investing in performance, both from a client and server side perspective.

We have a few things coming in the near future which should help address some of the initial UI performance issues. We’re also heavily engaged with all of our partners driving a broad effort to improve performance across the portal for all experiences.

If you have any specific areas which are causing pain please feel free to reach out to me or comment and state if we can contact you, it would be great to understand the common pain points.

Cheers,
    Sean.

3. Allow us to set the date format on the portal.

Allow us to change the date format. Since not everybody in the world likes using US dates :)

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  26 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reduce the browser memory footprint, and elimnate the memory leaks.

There seem to be some rather significant memory leaks in the Portal Dashboard. I've made the mistake of leaving it running overnight a few times, and the browser process working memory use, with the portal being the only browser tab open is often in excess of 1.5 GB. This is with no tiles open. In a few cases, I could not unlock the computer and had to reach across the network to kill the iexplore.exe process before I could gain local access.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto logout after period of inactivity

Create option to auto-logout from portal after period (configurable) of inactivity.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. enable the "Support Request Contributor" role to be scope at the resource group level for opening premier tickets.

Currently we are operating in a shared subscription model where each app team is assigned specific resource group(s) and their access is scoped at this level. For them to open premier tickets from ARM, they have to be added as Support Request Contributor at the subscription level.
    This enables visibility to all resource groups in the subscription and impacts the experience of the user. The complaints I have received are "Now I have to search for my resource group" and "I thought we had our own subscription"

The concept of resource groups is great but loses value when users have…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Edit backup policy

I suggest that the interface allow the editing of backup policies avoiding the need to create new policy when the need to reset period and retention.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Custom info in Help

We are a large enterprise customer utilizing Azure and have some internal teams to help manage Azure as well as support agreements with Microsoft for support (including Azure and Azure development).

It would be a neat feature in the portal, in the Help area, to be able to customize some text for our own help. For example, I could see us customizing contact info for the EA admin(s), contact info for internal and external (MS) support, links to corporate SharePoint sites with Azure info and other project pages specific, governance/usage info, and billing info. I could see this information set…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More color options for portal

I think it's great for me to switch colors between subscriptions as I have been added to some customer subscriptions so I can set different set of colors based on which subscription is being used.

Currently you offer only 4 different schemes - there should be a lot more plus an option to customize (if I want a pink theme, please let me have it - with unicorns :)) This would be a great visual differentiator between subscriptions as I need to switch between them all the time just to remind me what I'm working with (e.g. green = development,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Incremental Deployment of ARM templates

When deploying a template via URI (http://portal.azure.com/#create/Microsoft.Template.....), allow through a parameter or other mechanism the ability to deploy in either Complete or Incremental mode. It appears as though it only wants to do Complete.

This is an issue in that you cannot put a storage account in a template with a server build, where you intend multiple servers to utilize the same storage. The second, and subsequent, builds fail validation through the portal saying that the storage already exists. When run via powershell, it deploys fine.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Norwegian as regional format in portal settings

Today the Azure portal has support for 3 different Swedish Regional formats (Svenska) but none for Norwegian.

I'm Norwegian and it's frustrating that I can't select a Norwegian regional format in the portal settings. I'm currently using English which has the same date format, but not the same 24-hour clock, so I have to struggle with AM-PM all day long in AppInsights etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to Copy/Clone a resource.

Ex: If i have to create multiple VMs with same configuration, I need to follow the same set of action multiple times. Instead if an option to clone an existing resource is available it will be helpful

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Delegate clearing Azure MFA options to other roles not Global Administrators

Why not allow global administrators to delegate access to manage/clear Azure MFA options on users (or group of specific users) to another role, e.g. User Account Administrator, or Helpdesk Administrator, etc.?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hide Email in Upper Right

To help comply with anti-doxxing patterns, it would be nice to have the option to hide email in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I'm recording/streaming coding content and wish to show some Azure work without giving away my email. Options like "Name only", "Name and Email", or "Email only" would save me a lot of effort

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mind Map

How about creating a Mind Map for the entire portal and other Azure services. This should be another option like the left-side menu bar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Translation feedback] meaning between "purge" and "delete" on Azure CDN in Japanese is confusing

In Japanese portal, meaning between "purge" and "delete" on Azure CDN is confusing.
    "purge" is displayed as "消去", which means "erase" in Japanese and is for being used when a user wants to clear caches left on edge-nodes.

"delete" is displayed as "削除", which means "remove", "delete" in Japanese, which is for deleting Azure CDN resource itself.

To users, it is confusing and might mistakenly execute "remove" when a user wants to purge caches on edge-nodes.

I'd like to change the name of purge to a little bit more appropriate title (e.g., "パージ" or "キャッシュクリア")

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Azure Portal Templates should be renamed Azure Portal Template Library

Azure Portal Templates should be renamed to Azure Portal Template Library (or something) so that Bing/Google searching can return information on it - Searching for Azure Templates yeilds *way* to many results!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Azure Portal Templates should be backed by a Git Repo

Azure Portal Templates should be backed by a Git/AzDO repo with support for labels and branching.

Having Templates without version history makes working in a modern auditing environment challenging.

Currently, we have our templates in a Git repo, then cut and paste them to the Azure Portal for deployment. This exposes us to audit issues when we cannot trace back who made changes to our IoC and forces us to use third party solutions rather than Azure Portal Templates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let the directory switcher as it was !!! If you have more than 1 subscription new way is a nightmare!!!

You make a big mistake changing the directory switcher!!! When you work with more tan one subscription or tenant this new one is a nightmare!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base