Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to see manually allowed devices

Hi,

We would like to see an option where we can get a list of devices that are manually allowed in MDM or Intune.

currently, the enrolled devices are visible in the portal. but what about the devices that are manually allowed by an administrator. ? is there any way to filter this ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simple links in some azure error messages

In Azure when provided errors like this one due to deployment on a resource provider not registered - "error: The subscription {SubName} doesn't have the permission to register the resource provider Microsoft.DBforMySQL." - in this case someone was using a WordPress marketplace app deployment.

Add a corrective action link to the end of error message redirecting the customer to Subscription resource providers blade where they can enable it manually - maybe add a cross check to see if portal user is Azure Sub Owner First before giving corrective action link

https://portal.azure.com/#blade/HubsExtension/ResourceMenuBlade/resourceproviders/id/%2Fsubscriptions%2F{SubID}/referrerInfo/%2Fsubscriptions%2F{SubId}

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Azure DataFactory

Sometimes we create an Add Alert option for the data factory failure or success notification,but after filling all the details and finish,no alerts added.I have faced it multiple times and also an created alert automatically disappeared .This need to be checked as data factory alert option is great tool to get notified for any failure.But if this will not work properly then one have to go and manually check the log for any error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add memory monitoring to the portal

My VM is behaving like it's starved of memory. Node.js applications are failing with allocation errors (which is probably a symptom - as the V8 engine sets the size according to what if finds) and there's nothing in the portal to suggest what has changed. (This has only just started happening).

It would be good if the portal showed us physical memory (in so far as physical memory is a thing for a VM), and memory usage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better support options as in pay per icident would be nice. not everyone can afford a 6 month commetment at $300 per.

Better support options as in "pay per incident" would be nice. not everyone can afford a 6 month commitment at $300 per month in which we would be spending the majority of it for nothing! dumb idea!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. hot to see the size of backup !!!

size of each backup

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. WebHook for Portal Notifications

An option to set up an outgoing webhook for portal notifications would be a nice way to let a team know of global events or changes in their Azure environment.

For example so that people get notified when an app or a vm is restarted, when a deployment is over, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a Dismiss Completed tasks button like we had in the Classic portal

The classic portal had an option to dismiss messages for completed tasks instead of just the Dismiss All button that also dismissing running tasks. I miss the feature from the Classic portal. Please let me know if I've just overlooked something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export charts to PDF

Ability to export custom metric charts to PDF.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve customer support reply

Please make your response SLA better for all category issues . If not then please provide a common chat ID where our issues can be instantly resolved or atleast next step solution guide can be given.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sign-ins from unfamiliar locations - sort columns and custom date range needed

Is just a simple functionality that should be there. Records are sort by name and I have to download the file just to see, by example, anomalus sign-ins of last day...

take a look: https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_ProtectionCenter/IdentitySecurityDashboardMenuBlade/RiskEvents

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easier way to open Kudu console for specific instance

There should be an easy way to open the Kudu console for specific instance. Something that would not require tweaking cookies.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/kaushal/2016/11/21/azure-app-service-how-to-connect-to-the-kudu-site-of-a-specific-instance/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When shutting down/stopping, show a permanent indicator. Not a temporary tooltip.

When shutting down a VM, don't use temporary tooltip-style messages to describe the activity. Show it as you do with a bright banner that says VM still active, that only showed up after I logged back in to find a VM I had clicked "Stop" on was still active. In the previous session you showed a tooltip "stopping", but I logged out before the "stopped" tool tip showed up. Glad I'm still on the trial and didn't actually pay for that bug! Will NOT be continuing!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Thumbnail of a console of a running VM ("Remote View")

It were pretty good to a thumbnail of the console ("Remote View") of the running VM, as known from Microsoft Virtual Server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show headers and body for failed requests

It will be very helpfull to see the headers and/or body of failed requests in the 'Failed Request Details' section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable Intuitive error data collection with in portal upon user impact failures

Often we land into issues and Support engineers respond to tickets asking for logs and forward to engineering or PG groups, why not collect all that you can.. here is some strategy I propose, come up with the integration of error and data capture with in portal - upon any user impact failures, resulting in a popup like "we experienced a hiccup, do you wish to retry" with an unique reference id and checkbox which packages the session data and uploads to microsoft servers(under user name) for future reference and ticket logging.. this approach would be much intuitive and user…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Source and Destination IP and Port/Protocol

I have no way to understand what kind of traffic is being blocked by NSG rules.

Currently, the NSG Flow Logs log what rule is blocking it and the associated conditions, but not the details that matched this condition (which is the meat and potatoes of the log).

I really need to know Source / Destination IP and Source / Destination Protocol & Port to make use of these logs.

This should be included somewhere in the flow logs, or diagnostic logs that go Storage Accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need documentation portal for depricating features...

I find it hard to get information on the features and resources that are being deprecated in Azure. It would be good to have a central location to go to get this information so that we can search for an item that is being deprecated, and then find the action items that we need to perform in order to deal with that deprecation, and ideally timelines. Ie, not before x date, and not after Y date.

This could be expanded to a Azure Monitor window that will show us the items that are going to be deprecated, and what we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. is there no way for us to add an application like iOS Accounts to the list of approved client app from the Access Control section of CA

There no way for us to add an application like iOS Accounts to the list of approved client app from the Access Control section of CA policy. This would be beneficial in the event we are wanting to implement conditional access for iOS accounts or other third party applications that use modern authentication.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Check Progress of SQL Data Warehouse Resume via Portal

Perhaps this is already logged, but I couldn't find it, so am adding this.

It would be great if additional information was made available via portal to check the progress of a SQL data warehouse "resume" operation in order to determine if the operation is stuck or not.

In my scenario, the server that the DW instance was allocated was under pressure, and due to this Azure needed to bounce and retry the operation to allocate the DW instance to a server with appropriate resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base