Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need a way to Monitor the S2S VPN Policy Based Its Health & If Connection Breaks we should get notify I checked Network Watcher but

We need a way to Monitor the S2S VPN Policy Based Its Health & If Connection Breaks we should get notify I checked Network Watcher but its not Supported for Policy Based VPN.

From SCOM also there is no information how to Monitor Azure S2S VPN

Can some suggest

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a user report or logs to show the regions at which services are located.

In order to satisfy data sovereignty obligations we need to ensure that our data is located in the EU. Currently to verify this we log a ticket with Microsoft and they can tell from the log which region the services are in. It would help if we could have access to this information under the subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add support for listing device authentication

Add support for listing device authentication that performance authentication using a device profile setup. We can not see these devices signing in anywhere in the Azure Active Directory portal

https://aka.ms/devicelogin

http://www.cloudidentity.com/blog/2015/12/02/new-adal-3-x-previewdevice-profile-linux-and-os-x-sample/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. email alerts for replicated items

Email alerting for failed or critical replication status.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The failed resources errors are not helping

currently the erros do not help AT ALL, I have a job that creates hundreds of machines, some of them fail (sometimes), activity logs show success while the errors show things such as "internal error in disk manager".. nothing beside that!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Azure services credit utilization per user.

Azure services credit utilization per user. It will be helpful to check how much credits will be used by each person. Total number of hours used by each person.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add memory monitoring to the portal

My VM is behaving like it's starved of memory. Node.js applications are failing with allocation errors (which is probably a symptom - as the V8 engine sets the size according to what if finds) and there's nothing in the portal to suggest what has changed. (This has only just started happening).

It would be good if the portal showed us physical memory (in so far as physical memory is a thing for a VM), and memory usage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rework the azure client portal to be more user friendly.

It is very difficult to navigate the azure portal. Making it more user friendly on how to update payment information, get billing information, change payment information, etc. would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to know how the sla is been adhered to wrt my account and subscription

I want to know how the sla is been adhered to wrt my account and subscription. We require this for every month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Azure Usage/Consumption

Please provide a admin portal like your other 365 sites that allow for usage tracking and consumption of azure resources. There are many third party tools that do this but in my opinion they should be part of the service that you are providing. I don't want to have to run powershell scripts to generate usage data, I want a web interface that provides a clean insight to everything that I have in azure and I want to be able to take actions on certain areas if needed. It is very disappointing that this was overlooked in this product release.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add timestamps to portal notifications

Add timestamps to portal notifications

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Data Visualization tip: smaller dots in scatter (and line) graphs

scatter plots and line graphs look and work fine with small data sets. for larger data visualizations, the dots used in graphing bleed into one another and the visualization is less powerful. using a 1 pixel dot size in performance visualizations is beautiful to look at and also scales to many data points. the points require resolution to be useful at scale. thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better support options as in pay per icident would be nice. not everyone can afford a 6 month commetment at $300 per.

Better support options as in "pay per incident" would be nice. not everyone can afford a 6 month commitment at $300 per month in which we would be spending the majority of it for nothing! dumb idea!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automation and Scripts, the bundles of scripts can be provided to the Console user where ever possible, this will save time and efforts,

The Automation of the work by enabling scripts can be provided on the portal where ever possible this will help in creation \ resolution of the issues in a jiffy.

The basic monitoring setup like CPU, Disk , memory can be by default configured for the Admin user and an automated mail for the current infrastructure can be provide by e-mail.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. WebHook for Portal Notifications

An option to set up an outgoing webhook for portal notifications would be a nice way to let a team know of global events or changes in their Azure environment.

For example so that people get notified when an app or a vm is restarted, when a deployment is over, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable alerts for the amount of databases in an Elastic Pool

I want to be able to configure alerts if the amount of databases in a pool increases to over 80% of the booked database limit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a Dismiss Completed tasks button like we had in the Classic portal

The classic portal had an option to dismiss messages for completed tasks instead of just the Dismiss All button that also dismissing running tasks. I miss the feature from the Classic portal. Please let me know if I've just overlooked something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base