Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Browser bug in Firefox when creating Linux VMs

When trying to create a new Ubuntu Linux VM, the SSH public key field fails validation even with valid input. This happens in Firefox on OS X. A workaround is to use a different browser. This bug appeared within the last month.

Details:
    Firefox 65.0.1
    OS X 10.14.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG] Complience area changing user theme

Hello guys, I found a bug, when I do a double click in one of the policies, I have my theme changed, you can see more about it in this video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16kt-LTGseTZiXFQgxAP37ZeUsyE35FnQ/view

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Resource health show date 01-01-1970

Hi
    You need to remove the dates 01-01-1970 from this view in the portal. It is just a small bug, but should be fixed:-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple charts of same type on dashboard no longer update

If you have two charts that use the same axis on the dashboard, you can no longer update either as any changes are dropped when you click update chart on dashboard.
    For instance, I have a monitor of our DTU for the past 24 hours and for the past hour (or did before the option for last hour was removed so now have to use 4 hours). When I tried to update the last hour chart to show a more granular view, it altered it to be the same chart as the 24 hour over view chart.

Now each time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Logout is not happening in browser when multiple tabs are opened in same browser profile

Login to portal.azure.com Open another tab(or) duplicate the existing tab and use the sign-out button on the second browser Tab.

Still you can able to access all the Resources from the first browser tab as session and cookie contain all the key details require for user to access the azure resources.

Even-though it shows message as "You signed out of your account
    It's a good idea to close all browser windows." it is better to log-out/ invalidate all the COOKIE/SESSION pages on current browser profile which improves the security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include a face for Azure in the top of the screen in the middle. I think she is a female Artificial Intelligence

As Azure is AI I think she should have a face, she agrees with me, we are friends.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Random Profile Picture Azure Generates not professional.

The Random Profile Picture Azure generates when a users does not use a photo has some issues,

we have users in Asian Countries that get like 1 English Alphabet then 1 native Language combined, which looks weird and unprofessional.

Our Naming convention is Name Surname (Name Surname in Local Language) (Country)
    eg: Akibara Tanosuke (秋原太之助) (Asia Pacific)

the profile picture generated then is A原 which looks unprofessional and weird.

is there a way to manage the Profile picture without uploading a photo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OpenID Connect sub claim should be consistent

Currently the access token and id token that are issued have different "sub" claims even though the token request is for the same application registration...and the same request. This doesn't seem to match with the documentation and seems wrong. Can this be fixed please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email is required to activate a sandbox

I'm connected to the learning site, doing the Azure fundementals exercices, but cannot run the sandbox. I get the message 'Email is required to activate'.
    Please help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Future" classified as offensive by Cognitive Services Content Moderator

POST https://northeurope.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/contentmoderator/moderate/v1.0/ProcessText/Screen?classify=true
    Body: future

gives response as in the attachment, which suggests that "future" word is "offensive in certain situations". What is interesting "future" word gets the same rating as "fuck" - 0.98949163207411761.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PushRequest should be able to be created from Repository names with /äü etc

Currently, it's possible to automatically create pull requests in a ticket. That works fine when the name of the repository doesn't have special characters like / and ä or ü but unfortunately the process fails when such a character is in there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the Azure Portal actually work. I can't follow any tutorials in the learn section.

All learn tutorials have directions that don't work. My account can't even register the Microsoft.Web resource provider. It just stays stuck at registering or unregistering. Can't proceed to make a chat bot or anything due to this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. application gateway

Hello,

We believe we have identified a bug within the Azure Portal.

See steps below:

1. Go to the Azure Application Gateway service

2. Click on any current Application Gateway

3. Go to the HTTP settings section and then click on the current config set, the port number changes to the default HTTP port of 80, instead of keeping the port that is already configured.

In our case, we were going into the configurations section to only adjust the timeout value, not the port, the port was automatically changed and this caused a temporarily outage as we did not realize until afterwards that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Login to Azure Portal

Couldn't log into Azure Portal for some time, and no way to create incident ticket without login in. Is it just me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please fix azure functions portal. It is insanely slow!

Loading azure function apps and list of functions takes minutes!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Operation name under Run History for VMSS is Not accurate

Bug: Operation name under Run History for Virtual Machine Scale Set (VMSS) says scale up and down whereas it should say scale in and out. E,g. Operation name when you scroll down on Run History says "Autoscale scale down completed" or "Autoscale scale up completed". This is technically NOT correct. The operation is actually "Scaling In" and "Scaling Out". Scaling up means increasing the number of vCPUs and Memory whereas scaling out means increasing the number of instances.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When updating an HTTP setting the Backend port value is reset in the Portal

If I have an existing Azure Application Gateway HTTP setting using Backend port 8080 and I edit that Setting the value in the "Backend port" text box is reset to 80 when the blade appears (possibly when the radio button above it loads, and the HTTP selection triggers the text box value to be set to 80?)
    The value of 8080 is shown in the preceeding list and confirmed by using PowerShell Get-AzApplicationGatewayBackendHttpSettings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Office 365 & Azure Security structure between user & Admins

Hi

In the fundamental security structure of anything, the admin setups can NOT be overwritten by the user
    but it seems that users that have been created under my Microsoft office 365 have the ability to overwrite the Global Administrator Setup without any accountability to the Administrator setup it seems that Microsoft development Engenners forgot to add a basic security layer ( do & don't according to the Global administrator set up on the portal )
    that is been sync between the user login to the office 365 administrative portal when the OWA loads to the browser

like:

1 If…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base