Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow again to use of the mouse to drag panels

A few months ago the panels could be moved by dragging the Mouse horizontally. Now this is not possible with any browser and to be able to move in a normal PC, you have to make use of the horizontal Scroll bar. This is very frustrating and very slow when using the portal daily

33 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Bot registration unusable after migration

Migrated my bot registration to Azure, and now I cannot manage it!
      I just migrated my bot registration to Azure, and now I cannot manage it! Most of the options like TestInWebchat just show an error "There was an error refreshing your sign-in information. Refresh and try again."

Why? Shouldn't it be working smoothly?

And what the heck is a "Bot Channels Registration"? This is a bot registration, not a channel... BTW My botframework service is running in Azure as well - why can't I just mark my service as a bot directly?

Please, stop introducing confusing names.

6 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • multiple triggers

Multiple triggers cannot be viewed in Logic App Designer. I was working on a logic app that was supposed to allow me to watch multiple Trello dashboards and run some logic whenever a new card is added to either one. I searched for how to use multiple triggers and came across this answer on stack overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32393394/is-it-possible-to-have-multiple-triggers-in-azure-logic-apps#answer-37410286 while this can be saved, it can only be managed in code view. Clicking Logic App Designer will show Logic App Code View. Clicking Designer will show an empty Blade view.

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • session timeout

The Azure management portal does not have session time out settings. That means, when user has logged into management portal and leaves the browser page untouched (idle) even for few hours and then gets back in, the session still stays active (without getting logged out or asking the user to re-login) which is a security concern. Is this an existing bug ? If so please get it fixed.

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • when signed into account A, log out and sign in to account B, account A still shows in portal

Although this shows as completed in another report, it is not.

I have (gack!) 3 accounts -- a "Personal Microsoft Account" me@business.com, a "Workplace" Microsoft Account me@business.com and a "Personal Microsoft Account" me@hotmail.com.

My MSDN Azure subscription was previously associated with me@hotmail.com. If I am logged in with my "Personal" me@business.com and visit the portal, it displays me@business.com. I then click log out and choose me@hotmail.com. the Portal reloads and displays me@business.com.

4 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• 4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Issue in renew-authorisation for stream analytics output - for datalake store

I am trying to set up (deploy) a stream analytics job with data lake store as output using terraform. Terraform internally call the Azure API (through Azure Go SDK) for stream analytics to set the datalake store output that expects a refresh token.

As per the API documentation, it is recommended to put a dummy string value here when creating the data source and then going to the Azure Portal to authenticate the data source which will update this property with a valid refresh token. Hence, I passed a "dummy" string as refresh token, and I could see the datalake…

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Case sensitive in Tags

The names of the Tags will automatically change to lowercase when tagging SQL Servers and Data Factories which causes inconsistency in Tags. Please consider case sensitivity in Tags or NOT automatically changing to lowercase to all resources.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• New Account, no subscriptions?

I signed up for the free account but my profile portal says I have no subscriptions. When I try any Azure service it prompts me to follow a link enter a subscription and when I click the link it tells me I already have a subscription. I'm a bit confused.

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hash signs (#) not allowed in email address at 'Start Free'

I'm trying to start 'Free' on Azure and thus need a Microsoft Live account for our department.

When (attempting) to create that account, our email address with a leading hash sign (#) is being rejected as 'invalid email address'.

It's a real email, externally available (used for diverse subscriptions by a specific department).

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Dashboard need to be more userfriendly

consider you are in the vm blade and you click on the dashboard icon. It will return to the dashboard.
                        and your vm is listed in the dashboard.
                        if you click on the vm icon again from the dashboard, it wont redirect to the vm blade,
                        if you want to access the vm , then
                        1* you have to click any other controls or links from the dashboard.
                        2* click the dashboard again
                        3* click the vm icon, now you are on the vm blade.

need to improve..,

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• 3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Portal not working on Chrome 54 (latest)

Chrome just self updated (Version 54.0.2840.71 m) and in the azure portal I see only the first row in every table

If I inspect the HTML all rows are there but they are not visible (except the first one)

I've tried clearing out the cache completely and starting fresh in an incognito session, to no avail

Downloaded Chrome 53 and the issue disappeared. Problem is Chrome doesn't really allow downgrading: I need to run Chrome 53 as a standalone exe... a bit annoying

I'm on Win10 latest

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Reaching TCP connection limit is handled very poorly

I have an app service plan with about 20 Azure functions running backups of my storage accounts on CRON. Each function is doing a lot of parallel requests to Azure blob storage (I use high-level Azure .NET SDK for this, so I'm not creating connections manually). When any of the functions hits the TCP connection limit (~4000 for my plan) the following happens:
                              1. Function is silently terminated, neither 'failed', nor 'succeeded' runs counter is incremented
                              2. *ALL* other functions within this service plan become unavailable - not invoked on CRON and also not reporting fails anywhere
                              3. Impossible to…

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Azure portal is inaccessible using Edge Version 41.16299.15.0

Azure portal is inaccessible using Edge Version 41.16299.15.0 (Microsoft EdgeHTML 16.16299), in regular and incognito mode, keeps on loading but not doing anything, getting an error that it took a long time to load.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Storage Account creation with ARM and Portal

It seems that there is a bug with storage account naming in Azure. With ARM we can create the storage account with Caps letter also whereas with portal it does not allows to create the storage account.
                                  Now the problem is that when we try to delete the storage account created by ARM (with capital letters), it does not allow to delete the storage account via CLI or Portal.

It keeps on giving following error:
                                  "<StorageAccounnt> is not a valid storage account name. Storage account name must be between 3 and 24 characters in length and use numbers and lower-case…

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• New-AzureRmNetworkInterface

To me it appears that this PowerShell function does not work sensibly.

Given the fragment

$if = New-AzureRmNetworkInterface -Name "vm001-if" -ResourceGroupName 'MyRes002' `
                                    -Subnet $subNet -NetworkSecurityGroup $nsg `
                                    -Location "North Europe" -PrivateIpAddress "10.0.0.4" ;

I get the error message :

New-AzureRmNetworkInterface : Cannot parse the request.
                                    StatusCode: 400
                                    ReasonPhrase: Bad Request
                                    OperationID : 'a3a06484-a586-4185-86ed-417cdb68b3d6'
                                    At line:1 char:7
                                    + $if = New-AzureRmNetworkInterface -Name "ttj-vm001-if" -ResourceGroup ...
                                    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                    + CategoryInfo : CloseError: (:) [New-AzureRmNetworkInterface], NetworkCloudException
                                    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Network.NewAzureNetworkInterfaceCommand

It appears that the function expects to obtain the subnet mask. I would assume that it should get this from the subnet…

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Web Apps: Custom domain A-record TXT verification incorrect information

I'm trying to add a custom domain to my web app for the apex of my domain as an A-record, and it's telling me to add the IP address for the TXT record, even though it should be pointing to the sites name ("azurewebsites.net").

I started by adding the IP to the TXT record and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working after several hours, even after checking that digiwebinterface was resolving it "correctly". After changing it to the azurewebsites.net address I can confirm that I can add the custom domain.

To clarify, this is simply a bug in the…

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Small Server 2016 VMs may not be able to patch themselves

You may want to look into the sizing of the small machines.

I have created a couple of 1 vCPU, 2GB machines with server 2016.

I have found that they have repeated problems updating themselves as they are right out of the box. BTW. I also tried this having set the pagefile size to 12000KB.

The root problem may be that the MS developers assume that there is an abundance of memory and that it is easily recyclable. However, experience tells that the memory does not recycle as easily as most people think. And certainly not as easy as the…

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Problem with Portal - Session Expired.

I am writing and troubleshooting an Azure function and I get a pop up saying that my session has expired.

My portal setting are: Log me out when inactive: Never

Please fix this as it is making it impossible to troubleshoot my function code.

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base