Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Install Apache in your Virtual Machine running on CentOS

Install Apache in your Virtual Machine running on CentOS. Because Pre-installed save our time Please do this it is very important or Configure Apache we will install it manually

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. windows "pay as you go"

Windows OS should be possible to be installed on a Windows Azure VM and payed by hour. Not everyone has a MSDN license and for those who don't give a possibility to use Windows OS for a ...$/hour.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Virtual Machine scale sets deployed to existing virtual network in Portal

It would be useful to have the functionality to create a VMSS to an existing Virtual Network from the portal. Currently the only way to do this is via PowerShell.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ldapDN

LDAP DN not visible for users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Developer free world

Developers or entrepreneurs are afraid to provide card details, why not to have a creative world a small space with no ristriction..."Love enough a developer to do full creativity" Today I have to give quote to customer for translation api but don't have validity so can't move forward, well am sure there will be some way

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Virtual Machine Scale Sets Portal Features

It would be great to have UI features in portal to manage Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS) features like Scale Out.

There are already similar UI features available for Azure App Services which helps in quick configuration.

Right now the only option with VMSS is to use resource editor which is a bit time consuming considering you have to be careful while editing the template json code directly into production deployments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. just edit

i want to create a photo editing without loosing original photo quality

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide Windows 10 Images

When will the azure portal have Windows 10 images available?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am unable to attach the .mdf files as database , please enable that option

please enable user to add their different type database easily.
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why

I was no longer in Azure and congratulations for 3 months: they have once again managed to make a simple and functional solution so complicated that you no longer want to work with it. Why do you make the same mistakes over and over again in the past?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show the number of ongoing deployments

The classic portal did this and it was a nice way to see when a deployment was finished. For example, if I'm adding multiple firewall rules I have to keep expanding the notifications dropdown to see whether the previous rule change has finished deploying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow creation of Favorite list of "choose a size" in the same way as you have "Recommended" sizes

It will help during VM creation as users will be able to pick their frequently used VM size. You have a "Recommended" link that shows recommended VM sizes. so, add "Favorites" that will show all favorite sizes to user to pick from. This will need adding option to allow adding a Size as favorite.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Interactive region map on azure portal

Lets add interactive region selection from world map instead from drop down. For example, I wanted to choose the Location for my new web app, It is more easy for me to choose from map then going thru the list. Please refer the attached file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We used to have a map, but opted to simplify the flow to the dropdown you see today. We can do this, if it’s a popular request. Do you expect a map to make it easier/quicker to get thru the form? Are you trying to select the nearest location to you? The more details you have, the better :-)

15. Alerts when you going to select a solution that have additional cost.

It's a good practice from the user perspective, that you (Like Smart System) alert when you going to select a solution that have additional charges.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create Azure AD Authentication for Streamlit Applications

Streamlit is absolutely blowing up amongst the Data Science and SWE communities and I am almost exclusively using it for tailoring web applications with minimal JS needed.

I recently built out a really useful login protocol with SessionState and checking against the users registration in Windows AD, but it still lacks proper OAUTH2 protocols and appropriate hashing.

It would be awesome if this could be done through Azure while still maintaining the Streamlit login page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Visual Studio integration with Azure Portal

Just a thought came to my mind about having seems integration between Azure Portal and Visual Studio for development as if we are doing web development, we can just have a plugin installed to Visual Studio and it allows all kind of development with VS.
    I understand that Azure Portal is very efficient and gives portability but for heavy duty developers we need seamless integration.
    For example: Data Factory pipe lines and Azure Data Bricks needs lot of debugging capabilities while write a complex code and need line by line tracing.
    This should be available as per my opinion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Social Media Integration

I work for an Asset Management firm, and it would be an awesome tool for us to easily integrate predictive analytics into social media software alongside automated market commentary generated in real-time.

It would be multiplicative in benefits because;

1. Users don't need to excessively encumber themselves with application registrations, their existing social media (Say Instagram) would be all that is required.

2. My firm would benefit from the market exposure while minimizing development needs for a Front End beyond the BI we publish.

3. Microsoft could tag these streams as 'Powered by Azure Data Stream' etc...

4. The social media platforms become more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Azure Portal - Template - Deploy - default values not evaluating functions

Parameter Default values are not evaluating functions.

"parameters": {

"location": {
    "type": "string",
    "metadata": { "description": "Location for all resources." },
    "defaultValue": "[resourceGroup().location]",
    "allowedValues": [
    "centralus",
    "eastus2",
    "australiaeast",
    "australiasoutheast"
    ]
    },
    "subscription": {
    "type": "string",
    "metadata": { "description": "Sub to deploy too." },
    "defaultValue": "[subscription().displayName]"
    }
    },

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Azure Site recovery (ASR), the Configuration server vault registration

Azure Site recovery (ASR), the Configuration server vault registration: Update the code to do a self check, if you enter IP beyond .255 in

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base