Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add archlinux on marketplace

Please add archlinux on marketplace!! It's so hard to set environment and deploy arch by myself

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SQL Server feature install from template (Azure VM)

When deplying an Azure VM with SQL Server, there is no functionality to decide what SQL Server Services/feature to install (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) The template is configured to install everything, which is not always ideal, as sometimes a service might not be needed and having it running (or even turned off) it a security risk and each SQL Server service increases the surface attack area and requires an account to run so again further security risk. In the template have a simple checklist so you can decide what SQL Services you want to install. It could make the deploment quicker…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. GPU servers need to be more visible

I am very tired evry time I need to scrool through all possble places in the world and all possible combinations of HDDs and SSDs and virtual machines
    just to find an empty N or NV virtual machine ready to be deployed
    knowing where they are still available will be great for me at least

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Direct/clear indicator of services using free subscription

I created vps server and use it for 1 month. I want to try free trail subscription. After 30 days I lost connection to my vps - that's fine since this is how has been clearly stated in term of use.
    All is good so far ;)

When I thinking to set real charge subscription I notice that some services are free of charge over next month and some would be charged.
    It's not clear from azure portal which service is free and which I should pay.

Suggestion to azure engineers is to clearly indicate that given service is still…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Azure Administrators to create Custom IAM Roles for more granular access control.

The IAM system is great but I would love to have some more grnaular control. For example I would like a set of our QA users to be able to have Read access to all of our Application Insights resources.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Migration of existing VMs to Azure

Would be great if in Azure Dashboard would be integrated a powerfull migration tool from the existing VMs to Azure VMs, without using external tools.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. One way movement of website data (deployement slots)

Currently we have swap option to move codebase form production environment to test environment 9deployement slot).

it's beautiful option. It's very useful. But, we need one way moment (one way copy), i.e. I just want to move whatever I have in test environment, to be moved to production without disturbing the test version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. LET US INSTALL A **** FREE VERSION OF LINUX ON OUR VM

It's 2$ / day for 'Ubuntu Server'. That's 100$ in 3 months. What a joke.

https://www.ubuntu.com/download/server

Wow It took me 5 seconds to find a free alternative. That you guys refuse to allow me to install!

Thanks Azure!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. why don't we have service like keypair(aws) in azure so that we can store our public key and use it during launching a virtual machine

why don't we have service like keypair(aws) in azure so that we can store our public key and use it during launching a virtual machine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support newer versions of Javascript in App Service Editor (monaco)

javascript.validate.target only has ES3 and ES5 as valid options so when looking at es2015 javascript in the editor the linting complains about many things (which it thinks belong exclusively to Typescript).

VS Code supports linting these newer language features, it would be nice if the App Service Editor did as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it simple. Don't keep blades moving further and further. Try to finish all information in single blade.

Make it simple. Don't keep blades moving further and further. Try to finish all information in single blade for every single work, which client needs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Virtual Android phone for testing

Need an Virtual Android and/or iphone for making apps.
    Maybe with a toolchain with auto test/build(a CI server?) for app making.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I dont remember my username and I am denied to try again.

YOu should have the option to try another username and/or password
    I forgot my username and after 27 mins waiting for the cluster to be deploy I'm denied the access because I put the wrong username once.
    It doesn't give me the option to try again. or to recover, the only option I see is to delete and start again.
    Really annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add persian hirji calender to android ios and very thnx

add persian hirji calender to android ios and very thnx

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. RDP Plugin

RD gateway services is a good idea if ur able to RDP to Host.RDP ports r blocked most times. Create a Plugin to enable this feature during VM setup

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. give copy paste option in cloud shell

It would be great to have copy/paste option in cloud shell.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Sharepoint Apps available as web-apps in Azure.

Office 365 closes for public Sharepoint apps. Customers are suggested to migrate to other providers like GoDaddy, which do not provide acceptable solution at all.
    f.eks. closing the SharePoint app Blog for the public makes it and all the customers content worthless. Such careless decision is bad for Microsoft reputation and business. it can be compensated with SharePoint web-apps in Azure.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Clone from Github

If we could directly clone from Github and a functionality that based on type of application shows a list of functionalities to be installed and user can just select what need to be added say mongodb, scrappy etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow alternate email for Guest User

The guest user identifier is not necessarily their email address. We would like to be able to send the invitation to an alternate email address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pre- and Post-deployment Scripts

Under Deployment Options can we have pre- and post- deployment options where we can run bespoke CMD-line instructions. As an example of use, during deployment I will want to run a database update script to create any new tables and update any existing tables; at the moment I am having to run this command manually after the deployment has finished (meaning I have to wait around for a couple of minutes).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base