Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when adding new development slots, they will be copied from the original service.

when adding new development slots the slot is empty and need to insert code from 0.
    I would like to make it more easy and the original service will be copied to that slot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Leader Board

My idea is Leader Board, where I can see best user activity and give award for my users who using Office 365 and Cloud tech

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to manage authentication API keys from the interface (instead of using powershell)

Instead of using powershell, generating keys for API would be easier for the end-user, and manageable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I only signed up to Azure as it is supposed to work with IPv6 but after 3 days of my developer costs and Azure developer support cost! I'm

I only signed up to Azure as it is supposed to work with IPv6 but after 3 days of my developer costs and Azure developer support cost! I'm now having to use another Cloud host which has cost me more money in set up !
    To make things worse i now have to spend time cancelling all this service as you keep charging me for something that doesn't work and it seem impossible to get in contact with billing to cancel it . NOT HAPPY !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow selection of VM type by Family on new VM creation

When creating a new machine allow to show VM types by selecting the Family type (A-F-G-etc) preferred along with recommended types

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Virtual Machine Portability on WAN for Customers Elasticity

Current virtualization software supports transparent VM migration between physical servers on the same LAN but WAN migration remains a challenge due to the need for network reconfiguration and storage migration.

If the idea implemented then the impact listed below:-

1. It can be Impact on all Cloud Business providers for Cost Competition.

2. Cloud Customers will be increased rapidly.

3. The thing is new most of the customer & they does not know about cloud during the process it will be more highlight in world.

4. As we all of know it is best and cheap but need more concentration.

Regards:
    Parshant Tyagi (M.tech,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow me to type in a subscription info.

We have azure gov and it is really frustrating that I have no way to add oms to it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Checkbox list to initialize Services per subscription

Today every time I need to create a new subscription I need to create all eligible resources once in the portal as admin before the resource group owners can use them. We need an easier way to enable and also disable resource types per subscription.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Password generation (ORIGINAL: Генерация пароля)

TRANSLATED:
    Add to your portal password generation in the place where you want to enter a password when registering the application.

ORIGINAL:
    Добавьте на портал возможность генерации пароля в месте где нужно вводить пароль при регистрации приложения.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ability to select virtual machine location (country) instead of the area (East US, East Asia, etc)

ability to select virtual machine location (country) instead of the area (East US, East Asia, etc) when creating a new virtual machine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add links to docs/schemas in the Resource Explorer

I am using the sample templates and resource explorer to guide me building relative simple template from a group out team have deployed. To me, it is a very difficult even a simple resource group, as I cannot find documents of the template for the services, not mention the description of each properties defined in the template.
    Maybe you can check how AWS document their CloudFromation. It is easy to search and read, and with samples associate with each of their service (called resource type). It is much easier to follow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this, if it’s a popular request, but it would only apply the very first time you create something in the portal. After you create one resource, we remember the location for all future resources. Let us know if you aren’t seeing this somewhere.

13. Ability to browse for existing resources when entering parameters in Resource Group Template

It would be nice to allow browsing for an existing network/subnet (in different resource groups) or storage account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When creating a new resource, each resource should have an info badge to learn more about that resource

A Mobile, Logic, or Web app for instance. If you want to learn more, if you have to open a new page and look around for the information yourself. Provide easy links on each resource to find out more, not just configure/set up a new instance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Destroying created resources in case of template deployment fails

This is about template deployment. If it fails because of some error then it must destroy the components of that deployment. This is not the case at this moment. It is creating VCN, Storage, NSG, RSG and so on but failed while creating VMs. I can see rest of the resources in cloud except VMs. In my opinion this should not be the case. If everything goes well then all resources must get create or else none of it.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support For Complex Scheduling

Azure scheduling should support more complex recurring patterns rather than just the current repetition cycle based on minute, hour, day intervals. Current capability does not support creating just one job that has to run only on the weekends. So extending this capability to support setting up a job to run, say M, W, F but not Sa, Su will make the Scheduling feature more useful and powerful.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base