Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The portal should be design in colourful manner,for connections like VnettoVnet,s2s,p2s notifications.B'cos bit complexity to see connection

The portal should be design in colourful manner especially in network connections like Vnet to Vnet,s2s,p2s notifications .B'cos bit complexity to see connections are successfully connected or disconnect.present we are verifying only data transfer is flowing or not .By this, we are conforming the connections ,But sometime data transfer will be zero or fluctuating up and down ,at that time bit confuse to decide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Undelete MySQL databases

Make it really easy to undelete a MySQL database.

More to the point, I saw a ClearDB database that I didn't recognize, so I deleted it. It broke my WordPress-powered web site. (I'm not sure why a web site requires a database.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. You published a PWA. Push to App Stores?

What I really want from Azure:

"We've detected you've published a Progressive Web App (PWA). Publish on App Stores?"

✓ Windows Store
    ✓ iOS App Store
    ✓ Google Play
    ✓ Mac Store

This could internally use Microsoft's own PWABuilder: http://pwabuilder.com

This feature would benefit your users who publish web apps on Azure: we get to turn our progressive web apps into apps in mobile app stores.

This feature would benefit Microsoft because there would be a big influx of quality apps into the Windows Store. It would further benefit Azure as it would lure more web developers to publish on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need virtual KVM console to manage a VM outside of networking.

Need virtual KVM console within the Azure portal to manage a VM outside of Networking\Rdp. It is very frustrating not being able to access a Virtual Machine unless it has networking. In Hyper V I use this feature all the time on VMs without networking.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to setting up volumes in App Services for docker containers in the UI

IF in App service was and option in docker section for setting up the volumes, would be great and useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a Progress bar for the deployment duration.

It would be great to know how long a deployment will last...
    How many time does it stay until is it created. (ie: progress bar)

For example, API service management takes up to 30 minutes to be created. it would be great to have an approximation of its creation states.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Documentation that CALLS out to refresh browser and re-login to Azure Portal after a new Linux VM is created

PLEASE ADD DOCUMENTATION THAT IF USER CANNOT SSH INTO A NEW VM CREATED ON AZURE PORTAL, THEY CAN TRY TO REFRESH THE BROWSER, RE-LOGIN TO AZURE PORTAL.

DETAILS:
    When we create a new Linux VM on Azure Portal (using UI), and try to connect/ssh to the new VM via Cloudshell/Bash Powershell, we cannot connect and the command "ssh user@vm-ip" just sits there forever.

After trying several options, changing network settings on the VM, i found out that it is a simple browser refresh, clear cache, and re-login to Azure Portal did the trick. After that i was able to login.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. select all devices @ once in intune device enrollment

When in device enrollment it would be nice to select all devices @ once to deploy a profile. When we have 200 devices that are imported from Apple DEP we now have to select all devices manualy and that is 200+ clicks with a mouse to deploy a profile.

It would be nice to select all divices at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. NAV 2018 predefined machine?

I see NAV 2018 CU1 released and there is still no predefined machine on Azure? Will there be one?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. JSON viewer for azure deployment template

Azure Deployment template JSON should also have JSON tree view to make it more presentable and user friendly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. HPC-Pack for Linux Applications

Azure has HPC_Pack for Windows applications, thats to run on head node running windows. It would be great if we can have HPC-Pack with Linux Head node too for Linux applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add archlinux on marketplace

Please add archlinux on marketplace!! It's so hard to set environment and deploy arch by myself

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SQL Server feature install from template (Azure VM)

When deplying an Azure VM with SQL Server, there is no functionality to decide what SQL Server Services/feature to install (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) The template is configured to install everything, which is not always ideal, as sometimes a service might not be needed and having it running (or even turned off) it a security risk and each SQL Server service increases the surface attack area and requires an account to run so again further security risk. In the template have a simple checklist so you can decide what SQL Services you want to install. It could make the deploment quicker…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 可以透過"手機APP or Browser"直接建立WebSite or WebAPI

可以透過"手機APP or Browser"直接建立WebSite or WebAPI

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Linking Webjob to Cloud source Control

This feature already present for WebApps.
    Create and sync web-apps with cloud source control like GitHub or BitBucket. Please bring this capability to Webjobs also.
    It will help us to keep track of the changes and update more efficiently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow group policy to be managed from Azure

It should be possible to manage group policies from Azure.

As per the comments at the bottom of this thread, it's not possible.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-domain-services/active-directory-ds-admin-guide-administer-group-policy

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. GPU servers need to be more visible

I am very tired evry time I need to scrool through all possble places in the world and all possible combinations of HDDs and SSDs and virtual machines
    just to find an empty N or NV virtual machine ready to be deployed
    knowing where they are still available will be great for me at least

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support Edge device Analytics

I am working in a project that dealing with edge device analytics, if there have any way to these edge device analytics framework communicate with this portal that helpful to manage gateway analytics part in my gateway...or is there have any existing way to do it or supports

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Direct/clear indicator of services using free subscription

I created vps server and use it for 1 month. I want to try free trail subscription. After 30 days I lost connection to my vps - that's fine since this is how has been clearly stated in term of use.
    All is good so far ;)

When I thinking to set real charge subscription I notice that some services are free of charge over next month and some would be charged.
    It's not clear from azure portal which service is free and which I should pay.

Suggestion to azure engineers is to clearly indicate that given service is still…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base