Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it more intuitive...I can't find anything I need

Make it more intuitive...I can't find anything I need

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deployment is very slow, Provide UI for deployment in ADF from one subscription to anoyher

Deployment is very slow, Provide UI for deployment in ADF from one subscription to anoyher

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. key store allow "remember as"

It would be very useful to allow Azure Key Store Secrets to have an addional encrypted view for "remember as".
    We generate all passwords online and the password is shown in the phonetic words.
    I.e. a password of iYmuo813lXb813K would also be shown as india YANKEE mike uniform oscar 8 1 3 lima X-RAY bravo 8 1 3 KILO.
    This makes it really clear for i,l,1 etc.
    This would be a huge benefit and i would move from our on prem solution to Azure Keystore today if this was available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why u can not implement Drag Drop Facility in Azure poratal for creation any

Why u can not implement Drag Drop Facility in Azure poratal for creation any

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. To allow upload a vm, not only iso, but also a configured system

So I can make up a system together with the software environment at local and upload to Azure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. import application settings

If there is an option to import key value pair for application setting that will help us to import settings parameters at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support For Complex Scheduling

Azure scheduling should support more complex recurring patterns rather than just the current repetition cycle based on minute, hour, day intervals. Current capability does not support creating just one job that has to run only on the weekends. So extending this capability to support setting up a job to run, say M, W, F but not Sa, Su will make the Scheduling feature more useful and powerful.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a Lab / Study / Test environmet

It is common on courses and test environments people create lots of directories and domains, and after the end, it is not cleaned. With this, when a company with a easy domain name, as ABC try to use his own domain on Azure, sometimes it was used for test by someone and not deleted.
    With a Azure Portal for lab/study/test purposes, this problem won't happen anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. slot

We deploy a number of micro services sites to Azure and often deploy them to staging slots while developing and then a kubernetes cluster when in production.
    Because we can have many deployment slots it would be good to be able to have a deployment slot "view" so that I dont have to keep going to the main app service and then having to constantly drill down into the staging slot.
    So an option to only see deployment slots rather than the main app service slot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. show previous deployment ongoing process somewhere

I have created SQL Managed Instance service. It was showing deployment is in progress in notification panel.(as per Microsoft document it took much longer time to complete process - sometimes more than 24 hours https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-managed-instance-create-tutorial-portal)

But due to some reason I refreshed the page and there is nothing in notification panel. So I tried to create new SQL Managed Instance service filled all details and click on create. It start deployment process but after some minutes it gives me an error i.e. "previous deployment is in process". Is it possible to all background processes to users?

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. App Service without IIS on Windows

If an application does not use ASP.NET or IIS it's completely unclear how to run an application that simply listens to a port.

Provide a mechanism to just specify a port using an environment variable and a way to start and stop it.

No IIS handler monkey business.

Managed SSL termination and HTTP/2 should work with the proposed solution.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A simple Blob counter of a Container

A simple php call to know how many blobs has a container. Now you have to create a loop to count. Why don't a simple call?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include shell scripts option in Automation Runbooks

Please include a option to add shell scripts; since for deployments we use CentOS machine. To automate the process we use shell scripting along with Azure CLI rather than python or PowerShell

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to edit the configuration instead of deleting and re entering

There should be an ability in Azure to edit the existing configurations e.g. IP restrictions, host bindings, etc. instead of deleting the existing one and then re creating it again. It takes a lot more time doing the new process rather than just editing a specific configuration whenever needed by.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Static IP by default (or some caution message)

Guys, please make a static IP as default config on Ubuntu VM creation. I have made a 10 instances of my service for hackathon, saved IP and credentials in my Confluence.
    Then I stopped all of them to save money.
    In the day of hackathon I've started all VMs and they all had another IPs!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Uninstall Hyper-V V NIC while preparing the Azure VM template for Azure portal

Hi Team,

I see in Azure based VM deployment by using the publihsed azure template. that the VM template was prepared without unintalling the Hyper-V virtual NIC, any customer , they can see there is a hidden Hyper-V virtual network adapater in VM device manager, As per my experience with this is we need to uninstall this Virtual NIC before during the Azure VM template, otherwize customer will see the VM first NIC label Hyper-V network adapater 2 for for his primary NIC instead of Hyper-V network adapater.

Thank you.
    Manu Joseph
    Bangalore

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to see package names in discovered apps

Have the ability to see the package names of Apps installed on devices so that it is easier to Block/Allow them. While many app package names are easily discovered from Play Store some of the root level apps are not as easily found.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. invalid deployment

The name of the deployment is too long. My object is getting prefixed and suffixed with a bunch of extra characters. Maybe I should not have been able to create a VNet as long as I did, or else maybe the maximum characters for the deployment name should be increased. I don't know how you want to fix it but this is really annoying because I have to scrap this entire application gateway setup now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base