Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need virtual KVM console to manage a VM outside of networking.

Need virtual KVM console within the Azure portal to manage a VM outside of Networking\Rdp. It is very frustrating not being able to access a Virtual Machine unless it has networking. In Hyper V I use this feature all the time on VMs without networking.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggle to disable deallocation of domain controller VMs in Azure Portal

I'm mainly concerned about my domain controllers VMs. I would like to put the equivalent of a lock on these VMs to prevent them from being deallocated because if they are ever stopped through the Azure portal there are serious consequences such as those listed in this article: https://www.petri.com/best-practices-domain-controller-vms-azure

For instance,
    The AD DS database is reset
    The RID pool is discarded
    SYSVOL is marked as non-authoritative

We had an incident recently where both of my domain controller VMs had been deallocated for a short time after the domain had been created. This caused them to stop replicating the SYSVOL…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Easier deployment and updating multiple apps in Intune

I want to deploy the same applications (e.g. OneDrive) to multiple platforms - Android for Business, Android, and iOS. Currently, this requires creating, configuring, and assigning a separate application for each one. With many applications, this becomes very time consuming and pointless. I would like to see either a way to combine multiple "deployment types" for each platform into one application to assign to users, or at least a way to bulk assign these applications so updating group assignment is not so cumbersome.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Portal status bar % complete

An Azure portal status bar that displays % complete when doing such actions as backup, restore of database as a service instances. And also % complete when deploying a new VM. The in progress bar that runs in the current portal doesn't give any indication of how long it will take for the action to be performed. Only previous restores/backups for instance will you know roughly how long it will take.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Generate bash commands for Azure CLI from Portal pages

When creating deploying resources, or changing properties etc, before I apply or save my changes I'd like to be able to generate Azure CLI commands that could be executed in the bash shell.

That way I can use the Azure portal UI if not familiar with the CLI commands then relatively easily build a script which is more repeatable.

Something similar exists in SQL Server Management studio where every action in the GUI can be exported as a T-SQL script before the GUI action is actually applied.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. RDP Plugin

RD gateway services is a good idea if ur able to RDP to Host.RDP ports r blocked most times. Create a Plugin to enable this feature during VM setup

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support newer versions of Javascript in App Service Editor (monaco)

javascript.validate.target only has ES3 and ES5 as valid options so when looking at es2015 javascript in the editor the linting complains about many things (which it thinks belong exclusively to Typescript).

VS Code supports linting these newer language features, it would be nice if the App Service Editor did as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. sorting of Location by location not alphabetical

If you search for a location you probably search for something in a special region, sometimes it's not avaliable, now it's hard to find a location nearby. Please change the sorting of the location select-box. Not alphabetical, rather by region.

Or, the easy way, change the label fpr the locations, instead of "West Europe" name it "Europe - West". So this would sort all "Europe" locations in one place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need to install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable on Azure website service server.

install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable missing on your server. we are facing error: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ldapDN

LDAP DN not visible for users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allowing Pausing of a Subscription and Copying

Would be nice to be able to suspend or pause a whole resource group or a subscription. So we can do advanced setups for projects and POC. For us we provide managed services for Internal and external companies, so would be beneficial to display Billing and Suspend the whole area for non payment or if the project not fully approved and funded. Also a cop feature of either resource group or Subscription.

So Ideally For EA, Allow Clients to be able to create linked subscriptions, allow copy and pausing of the Whole subscriptions.

I suppose could do the same with…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide Windows 10 Images

When will the azure portal have Windows 10 images available?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Review Template Deployment button

On the Azure portal when using the template deployment I would like there to be a button to review what is about to be created.

Once inputting the template and parameters, you should be able to click the review button, the UI will then go through the template and show you exactly what it will create, including the resources within copy.

You should also be able to go through the template and see how variables have expanded.

You could even highlight where things do not make sense, like linking NICs to VMs that do not exist

This would help as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Production and Staging can have different color

if production and staging can have different color it can reduce release to wrong deployment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Resource Group Template parameter validation

With so many different naming limitations between different object types, we need a way to validate parameters before submitting for deployment. An added bonus would be to allow us our own custom validation operations. Please note I am referring to parameter fields in the portal; not variables.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  4 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Azure Administrators to create Custom IAM Roles for more granular access control.

The IAM system is great but I would love to have some more grnaular control. For example I would like a set of our QA users to be able to have Read access to all of our Application Insights resources.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add warning box when increasing instances.

Please add a warning box and explanation when increasing or adding an instance to a web app. The technical staff nor the customer knows this and as a result customers get upset and overcharged.

Thanks, Brett

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Service bus queue creation fails for Basic Tear

Operation name
    Service Bus queue creation
    Time stamp
    Sat Jun 24 2017 22:47:02 GMT+0300

Event initiated by

Description
    Failed creating Service Bus queue dgsdfgdfg with error code: BadRequest and with message: SubCode=40000. The property 'AutoDeleteOnIdle' cannot be set when creating a Queue because the namespace 'sampledemobus' is using 'Basic' tier.
    Parameter name: AutoDeleteOnIdle. TrackingId:e6cfebcb-5a85-40c8-a665-efed1409955bM2M2_G6, SystemTracker:sampledemobus.servicebus.windows.net:dgsdfgdfg, Timestamp:6/24/2017 7:47:02 PM CorrelationId: 3b4d507c-57ca-4b78-b07f-4c70e6c3c476.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide short comment while creating resources in Azure.

While creating resources, I want to type a short comment that can be viewed at a later date and time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alerts when you going to select a solution that have additional cost.

It's a good practice from the user perspective, that you (Like Smart System) alert when you going to select a solution that have additional charges.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base