Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lock open the sidebar

Having the main left hand sidebar menu automatically minimize to a row of unfamiliar icons is both irritating and unnecessary on a high resolution screen.

Please provide the ability to lock open the sidebar in the new portal to show both icons and text.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give customers the ability to combine multiple metrics onto a single graph for use in dashboards.

give customers the ability to combine multiple metrics onto a single graph for use in dashboards. It would be nice to have a single dash board that could have a few larger graphs that would display information like CPU across multiple servers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A dashboard template that can be applied to the same type of resources for instant dashboard generation

The new dashboards are great. I typically use very similar layout for properties that use Application Insight (AI). These will have the various charts for exceptions, usage, failures, slow requests, etc. And it works great.

But I have to create one for each AI resource that I want to track.

Ideally, I would create a "template dashboard" that required the source for the needed types (an AI resource, a Storage resource, etc.). Once these values are plugged in, the dashboard lights up with the data from each of these resources.

This would allow me to create a single dashboard template…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Dashboard editing - versioning - undo

Implement Dashboard versioning. It is so easy to delete something on the dashboard when you are customising it. With the new sharing feature I can see more people able to customise it. Would be great to have a version control to track who did the modifications and also to rollback if needed. Worth case would be an undo feature when you edit and remove something by mistake. At the moment the only option available when you update a dashboard is 'Done Customising'

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dashboard - Adding Calender Option

In the Dashboard area, adding a Calendar would be very helpful. Also allowing to add the events to it and reminders will be valuable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom images on tiles

I'm getting used to use my dashboard. And after organizing my graphs and tiles it has become my entry point to everything I do.

However, -We quickly end up with lots tiles for VM's, Web apps and other resources. It's good that I can resize and group them, but as they all look the same it's kind of difficult to set them apart.

I believe that if you could upload and set custom images on your tiles, it would make it easier to find and more personal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow multi-tasking

Currently, I can only monitor one resource at a time. It would be great if I could monitor more than one on the same screen, without having to switch back and forth.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Either add an 8x4 or a 3x4

With the widgets on the screen I want to be able to have a large graph and then smaller graphs underneath it. With a 6x4 on top, I can't put (2) graphs beneath it and have it line up. Either make it so the large graph can be 8x4, or the smaller graphs 3x2. Personally I'd go with the 8x2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shortcuts to other dasboards as tiles

We are trying to build Monitoring dashboard using Monitor Workbooks. Dashboard size is too small to have all tiles we want on one. In that case it would be nice to have possibility to place shortcuts to other dashboards on "mother" dashboard. For Example - the main one with resource health stats + some generic info and tiles ("shortcuts") to dashboards devoted to VMs, Applications, Storage Accounts .... ect. ect. with more specific measurements inside.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow me to select my default dashboard---or at least save the last one used

Every time I log in, it keeps going to some generic empty dashboard now after making the apparent-in-hindsight mistake of making my own public. No amount of cloning, un-publicizing, etc gets me my old default dashboard back again, and there is no way to copy the contents of the dashboard I WANT into the empty one that I keep logging into.

So, please make a way for us to set our default dashboard, or at the very least save the last dashboard used and default to that.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add automatic refresh for Application Insights queries (tables) pinned to Azure Dashboard

According to Microsoft documentation there is automatic refresh for charts pinned to Azure Dashboard.

But there is no any automatic update applied for the table, moreover refresh button on the tile work only first time when you click on it.

It would be a lot more useful to have automatic refresh for all AI queries, doesn't matter of displaying format.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

13. Custom Tile in Azure Dashboard

Creating custom tile and importing external data will improve the Azure board experience.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

14. refresh

Only the tiles that are generated by Application insights get auto refreshed properly. Charts created manually in the Logs are not able to be auto- refreshed, having a refresh button on the tile instead. Any one can help with this please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dasboard tile does not show complete legend/labels

Have created few reports(using log analytics query) in shared dashboard, but the legends do not show complete text. It shows only few characters.Tried customizing it,expanding it , but still the same.

MS ticket : 119010425001838

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Azure Policy: Use policy to limit options surfaced in portal

If my policy only allows D series VMs, then when I get to the SKU selection blade during VM creation or resize, I should only see the allowed options.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. live billing usage

Whatever resources being used with a billing meter should help in analysis

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A facility to create labels on a dashboard

You can pin tiles to the dashboard, but it would be nice if you could create labels for the dashboard.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. kubernetes web ui

Embed kubernetes web ui (dashboard) in Azure portal for ACS/AKS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Metrics

Some screens in the portal don't have direct URL access.

For example:
    Metrics per Instance (App Service plan)
    Which can now only be accessed via:
    - App Service

- Diagnose and solve problems

- Metrics per Instance (App Service Plan)

A direct URL accesses means I can bookmark it, as I want to maintain a "toolbelt" bookmarks folder for DevOps aspects of my app.

Can you please provide direct URL for these resources?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base