Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to sort by time

Hi

I think it would be very useful to have the ability to sort the All Resources section by time created / last used etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add LOCKS to the Column to the List

Add the LOCKS field to the Column lists so I can add that view to my virtual machines view. I have 100 Virtual machines and there isn't a quick view I can use to see which VMs are protected and which VMs are not, I have to open each VM and look at locks, or I have to name each lock different so I can figure out which one is protected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to pin a query on dashboard, when the result of the query has no records as well

Ability to pin a query on dashboard, when the result of the query has no records as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. microsoft store app

Create win10 app for status dashboard. including billing and linkages directly into the azure portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. change chart in my event hub - use english for labels

My event hub usage chart is not in english

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unpinning from dashboard doesn't reset view

When you right click and unpin from the dashboard, it'll reset your view by panning your browser to the farthest left. So if you have many things to unpin to the far right side of the dashboard (scrolling right), you'll have to re-scroll to the right every time you unpin. Ideally the browser view should stay in-place when you unpin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back simplicity of VM wizard menus

The new portal is great for showing what's going on with our VMs, however, every time I want to configure it, it seems like the process is either x10 or x100 times harder.

In the classic portal, setting up endpoints was easy. Now? No idea!

As a software engineer who just wants VMs up and running in no time, the classical Azure portal made life easy. Please bring these configuration features back.

I understand that server engineers will love the scripting part of it, but the vast majority of us don't fit into this speciality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Visual state (running/stopped) when a VM tile is 1x1

It would be great if I could resize my VM tiles to 1x1, but still be able to check what VMs are running or stopped from there. Maybe changing the icon color to light gray when stoped, and blue when running

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Project live Azure Portal Dashboard on a Windows 10 desktop

Project live Azure Portal Dashboard on a Windows 10 desktop client automatically and keep it in sync. Also the ability to create resources on the Desktop machine. Like a user UI mode of Windows 10 to be optimize to work with Azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Moving Resources between Resource Groups and other Subscriptions

In the Move resources option there should be check boxes enabled for Select/Unselect all the resources that we are planning to move to other Subscriptions and Resource groups within same subscriptions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A dashboard template that can be applied to the same type of resources for instant dashboard generation

The new dashboards are great. I typically use very similar layout for properties that use Application Insight (AI). These will have the various charts for exceptions, usage, failures, slow requests, etc. And it works great.

But I have to create one for each AI resource that I want to track.

Ideally, I would create a "template dashboard" that required the source for the needed types (an AI resource, a Storage resource, etc.). Once these values are plugged in, the dashboard lights up with the data from each of these resources.

This would allow me to create a single dashboard template…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure

Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure Konto

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be really nice if the old (far better) portal usability could be retained.

It just took me 20 minutes (and about 30 Google searches) to find the Create VM from Image functionality. It moved, and there is no hint at where it went.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No option to auto arrange tiles?

Why not provide a button to auto arrange tiles? Sort them based on name, creation date, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy/Template an instance of dashboard tile layout of services such as SQL Databases, VM's, App Services etc allowing to other instances

When using the portal for monitoring purposes one would generally add a number of standard metrics to the dashboard of a service such as a SQL Database. More often than not you have multiple databases and would like all of these to have the same dashboard layout. It would be great to be able to create your dashboard of tiles on one instance service (in this case database) and then create a template which can then be applied to other instances of services (databases) that might be created in the future without having to go the instance of the service…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Status monitoring for multiple Azure resources

I should be able to build custom dashboard which can show following status for selected Azure resources within or across subscriptions.

1. Availability of each resource from 3 different geo locations

2. Critical security center recommendations if any

3. Perf recommendations if any

4. Planned downtime notice with days to go

5. Custom (e.g. monitor service from windows VM)

Currently I have specific requirement to monitor following set of Azure resources as our each instance of our product deployment consists of
    1. Cloud Service Classic
    2. IaaS Vms
    2. Azure SQL DB
    3. Vnet
    4. TM
    5. Azure Storage
    6. Service Bus

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tie dashboards to user, not directory

I manage multiple subscriptions across directories. When I log into Azure I want to see, at a glance:
    1) a dashboard where I can put production services from all directories I am part of, so I can see all systems' status info without opening multiple tabs
    2) a dashboard where I can put dev/test service info from an MSDN subscription in our organization's directory, right next to production service info from our client's directory

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add item to Left side menu called "Dashboard"

When I pin items to the dashboard I don't see them anywhere. Where is this mystical dashboard anyway?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Action buttons take too much space

The "Add", "Columns", "Refresh", etc buttons at the top of the blades eat a lot of vertical real estate considering how often one needs to press it.

Consider a smaller band that expands upon mouse hover... (or putting them next to the blade title).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Email / name in menu bar

Allow to choose between email address or full name in the portal in the top menu bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base