Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Start a runbook from an Azure dashboard

An Azure Automation runbook can be pinned to a dashboard, however it simply takes you to the full blade for the runbook. It would be good if it supported the ability to trigger the runbook (possibly with specified parameters) directly from the dashboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Educate the Azure portal developers in basic UX principles

I just went to try and create an Azure storage account and was confronted with the screen in the attached screenshot. Note the control in use for the fields "Deployment model", "Performance" and "Secure transfer required". Each of these fields requires the user to select one of two possible options. Standard web design provides two controls suitable for this purpose - the dropdown selection and the radio button. You have ignored these standard controls which have proven their utility over two and a half decades and instead created your own. And I can tell you immediately that yours sucks because…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Services category info

It would be nice to see the description on each category and what it does.
    Simple info of explaining its purpose and then link to how to with step by step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Simplified Azure dashboard

The current Azure user dashboard is way too complicated to navigate and understand it.
    Even doing simple things is not really clear there.
    Only makes sense to use cli for now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How about defining the terms in the portal. Not everyone works for microsoft where you are allowed to make up your own language.

Define the terms used in the portal so we know what an active directory is or even a virtual machine. What is a resource group, azure cosmos db, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why can I not view my Monthly recurring charge on this portal?

It would be nice to be able to view all charges that I owe to Microsoft for Azure in the Portal. The $300 monthly reoccurring is not showing up as an invoice here. Accounting is making my life miserable now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fullscreen Query String Option on Dashboards

Allow a query string option for invoking full screen on a dashboard. This would be used to automate the display of full screen dashboards in a rotating manner.

The current implementation of "Fullscreen" allows for a user to click a button to invoke full screen. However, in automation systems that rotate screens the option is lost and not easily invoked. Please add an additional option to automatically invoke via query string similar to Power BI and other services.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  19 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please make the bulk server selection possible on Azure Portal such as AWS Portal.

Please make the bulk server selection possible on Azure Portal such as AWS Portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Portal: AllResources View, add a field for status "running/stopped"

Portal: AllResources View, add a field for status "running/stopped" => Users need to see that run-state of their resources in one place, especially if they have many resources to manage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make names of the pinned items on Dashboard editable

Make names of the pinned items on Dashboard editable.
    For examples I have pipelines section pinned from different data factories on dashboard it would be good if I can name them differently. In general it would be easy if I can rename components pinned on Dashboard.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Getting notifications for VS subscription benefits for other users

After another user accessed a dashboard shared by me, I now get notifications for his VS subscription benefit. It does not even say that it is for him - I only found that out after contacting support.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customize favorites for each dashboard

I would love to have customized menu favorites for each dashboard. I currently manage multiple subscriptions where each subscription uses different services. For example, one project uses IaaS while another project is mostly PaaS.

Each dashboard should have its own set of menu favorites. That way, I can get access to all relevant resources as I switch dashboards. When I switch to the IaaS project's dashboard, I should see the VM, Disk, and Network favorites. If I switch to the PaaS project's dashboard, the favorites should switch to Service Bus, Svc Fabric, SQL DB.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate with Edge for notifications

Azure could interact with Edge Browser to display notifications on W10

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A notes widget for the main dashboard would be nice

Just an idea, not a major want, but it would be nice to have a notes widget to set reminders to do things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dashboard: customize area with names

Would help a great deal if I could create areas within one dashboard and apply a custom name to each area.
    Typically when I want to group VMs or Storages like Windows VM and Linux VM, Storage for Prod etc...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. STOP PROPERTY

I am not sure if it exist, but would be nice to have a central point where the user can see which app/devices/resources are running and had the chance to stop them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please make the Templates > View Template blade WIDER.

The current blade size is only medium and not wide enough to view JSON structures easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow sorting in VM sizes blade based on Price

If someone is looking to use lowest priced VM sizes then it is painful to scroll thru ALL the vm sizes. sorting will make it very easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base