Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard not deleting deleted resources

When I delete a reource group, it is not certain that the members of that resource group will be deleted from the dashboard. Even closing the window and opening a new portal does not necessarily remove all deleted objects.

I'm using the Chrome browser on Windows 10.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Force default dashboard users

I would like an option to be able to create a dashboard, and force this as default for some users.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Dashboard usability can be improved.

Would like to have the following options,
    1. Pin resource to a specific dashboard.
    2. Copy/Move pinned item / Tile from one dashboard to another dashboard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow users to control Azure Portal Dashboards expiration time and make dashboards usable

Dashboards with it's current session expiration timeout are pretty much useless to be user as office dashboards and status monitoring. Most of the time session expires too soon and Office TVs show a "session expired, please refresh" message. Putting the tab with a dashboard on a cyclic refresh (e.g. "refresh this tab every 20 seconds") is not an option at all - new portal loading speed is horrendous, and the tab is cycled out from a view faster than it manages to display any useful diagrams or alerts.

This was not an issue in the past and came only in…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Graphical representation.

Need to create visual graphical representation connectivity of the components created
    ex: Vnet is component in which subnet is sub component, in subnet we have VM's like wise.
    In simple architect diagram should come up, while creating and linking the components.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The only thing I have been torn about is rather to go with Limux or Win Insider 3Yr. 25 yr M/S I want to build a cloud based Sys & use VR

I would like to use Windows but Imagine chances of success would be better with Linux Your cloud sys looks like the best I would like to use Virtual Reality for a browser. I am a retired Accountant B.S.B.A. The OSU as an Insider I have always been a bug hunter, some people play games I hunt bugs. I use Microsoft One Drive a lot & it can be secured if you do it right. I also like the finger print Hello as I believe it is the most secure of any Id. system. I actually meet Mr. Gates in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enterprise Portal UI extension model

EA portal is super important management portal for enterprise companies. But as of now- there is no way to retrieve information about departments and add custom information to objects.

It will be great, to have some option to extend EA portal with custom UI... or REST API will also help, but it also don't exist https://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback/suggestions/32367562-publish-an-api-for-ea-portal(except of billingAPI, but it will not return an information about departaments)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve the readability of placeholder text in the Azure Portal

In the Azure Portal, when entering a filter in the Cosmos DB Data Explorer (Mongo DB settings), I can cannot read the placeholder text
    "Type a query predicate (e.g., {´a´:´foo´}), or choose one from the drop down list, or leave empty to query all documents." because it is too similar to the white background. Make it slightly more readable please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. minimise icon for dashboard.

There should be a minimise icon beside 'pin dashboard' and 'close dashboard' to minimise the dashboard. When we see overview of an app and also want to see others app present on dashboard , then in that case, we have to close the overview to see dashboards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add labels to desktop

Please could you add the ability to add labels to the desktop.

Our desktop has many different graphs for different applications but we have to remember which graph is which. For instance, if you put 2 database graphs side by side, there is no way to know which one is which. If we could add labels to the desktop on the portal, we could use that to lay out different sections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scrollable tiles

Can we make tiles scrollable so that we can see all the resources? I'd like to pin a resource group and then scroll up and down to find the appropriate resource. Currently, if there are more resources than the tile can show, we can't get to the hidden resources without having to click into the tile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please make azure languages setup/changes easily accessible

Jep/pvlr192403041983YukdsD9aswiTUQ3/a0gN70==1811198805081957

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Refresh button on the Azure Dashboard for All Resources

There is a refresh option for Resource Groups but not for All Resources. Can we have a refresh option for All Resources as well?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Start a runbook from an Azure dashboard

An Azure Automation runbook can be pinned to a dashboard, however it simply takes you to the full blade for the runbook. It would be good if it supported the ability to trigger the runbook (possibly with specified parameters) directly from the dashboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Educate the Azure portal developers in basic UX principles

I just went to try and create an Azure storage account and was confronted with the screen in the attached screenshot. Note the control in use for the fields "Deployment model", "Performance" and "Secure transfer required". Each of these fields requires the user to select one of two possible options. Standard web design provides two controls suitable for this purpose - the dropdown selection and the radio button. You have ignored these standard controls which have proven their utility over two and a half decades and instead created your own. And I can tell you immediately that yours sucks because…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Services category info

It would be nice to see the description on each category and what it does.
    Simple info of explaining its purpose and then link to how to with step by step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simplified Azure dashboard

The current Azure user dashboard is way too complicated to navigate and understand it.
    Even doing simple things is not really clear there.
    Only makes sense to use cli for now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How about defining the terms in the portal. Not everyone works for microsoft where you are allowed to make up your own language.

Define the terms used in the portal so we know what an active directory is or even a virtual machine. What is a resource group, azure cosmos db, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base