Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. live billing usage

Whatever resources being used with a billing meter should help in analysis

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow user to Customize how tiles are oriented after clicking a tile in an overview.

User should be allowed to customize how dashboards are oriented . For instance in the overview oms portal, when we click any overview tile , Instead of complete dashboards arranged horizantally with a scroll I want overview tiles inside the above mentioned overview tile which can further be clicked and takes us to the log search query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A facility to create labels on a dashboard

You can pin tiles to the dashboard, but it would be nice if you could create labels for the dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring back IoT Hub UI with hubs

Bring back the IoT Hub but with the option to have multiple hubs, I miss seeing the hubs with devices and data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. is it possible to add something like a context appropriate filtering bar/expando to the display blades to reduce volume of content shown

With some of the display blades, the details shown are extensive and could overwhelm, is it possible to add filtering where appropriate.
    Something like an expanding bar to allow a text context sensitive filter to reduce the content to a more manageable size, specially when adding resources or seeking a resource in a lengthy extensive list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Important announce should use notification in azure.

Important announce is not use blog, but should use notification in azure.

Now, I can not use TCP 25port because I migrated subscription to MSDN.

Recentry I read this blog.
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mast/2017/11/15/enhanced-azure-security-for-sending-emails-november-2017-update/

If this announce would be not blog, but would be notification in azure, I didn't migrate my subscription.

I hope important announce will be notification in azure because I can not notice blog released.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Home screen UI layout is incredibly inefficient

There are only two rows of tiles. The tiles are super large. Requires huge amounts of horizontal scrolling on the home screen. Very inefficient, please fix this. I can see more icons on my iPhone home screen than on my 4K display with Azure portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show all services on the control panel and are in the running state .

So do not forget what services are working if you propose adding a commission to show these services so we can manage the money well. And do not forget services that we do not need

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Кнопка на загрузку проекта з WS2015 , 2017, 2013 на порталі Azure

Кнопка на загрузку проекта з WS2015 , 2017, 2013 на порталі Azure

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. users

Display the total number of users in AD, would be great to have this in AD->Users and AD->Groups as well. i.e. All Users, have the total number listed somewhere. In Groups, add Number of users as a column to the group list view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. These large green check boxes are covering all icons on the Portal Dashboard. Can we make them smaller, to see the icons behind them?

The green check boxes seem like a new feature on the Portal's Dashboards. The green check boxes are hiding the icons of each container and I cannot see icon behind them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove "Classic" from Cloud Service

Remove "Classic" from Cloud Service

Since there is no drop-in replacement yet, and since it will be supported for some time until you have a V2, there is no reason to imply that there is an equal alternative by adding "Classic" after the name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dashboard tiles - cannot resize on 2nd dashboard

On my initial dashboard I can change the size of tiles. I created a 2nd dashboard and added a few tiles. I cannot resize any of the "Spending rate and forecast" tiles

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Azure VM Scale set can assign into existing VNET's subnet

(Choose Public IP address to "none" when created and choose existing VNET)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. kubernetes web ui

Embed kubernetes web ui (dashboard) in Azure portal for ACS/AKS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Java ARM Template On "Download template and parameters" Tile

While creating a VM, on the last step "4 Summary", next to the "Create" button there is a link "Download template and parameters" (please see attached 'azure-Step4-Summary.png') that opens a tile displaying ARM templates (please see attached 'azure-arm-template-missing-java.png').

Path: Virtual machines > Compute > [vm-name] > Create virtual machine > Create > Template

Currently the options are:
    1. Template
    2. Parameters
    3. CLI
    4. PowerShell
    5. .NET
    6. Ruby

Would be very helpful if "Java" option is added with an ARM template will be a very valuable resource for Java developers.

I understand there are options from Git [ https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/samples/resources-java-deploy-using-arm-template/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Access Cube in Power Point

Hi,

Top Management want to see their data into Power Point, through SSRS and Power BI we can export data into Power Point but if Manager want to change data due to some issue in data source, they can't. Can you please add this feature? instead of exporting into image can you please render data in table so end user can edit those data if needed.

Dinesh

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Metrics

Some screens in the portal don't have direct URL access.

For example:
    Metrics per Instance (App Service plan)
    Which can now only be accessed via:
    - App Service

- Diagnose and solve problems

- Metrics per Instance (App Service Plan)

A direct URL accesses means I can bookmark it, as I want to maintain a "toolbelt" bookmarks folder for DevOps aspects of my app.

Can you please provide direct URL for these resources?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a tile for a list of VM's with planned maintenance to the dashboard

Add a tile for a list of VM's with planned maintenance coming up to the dashboard in the Azure Portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Personal data

Add to the end the ability to delete your credit card details, or this simple action turns into a whole problem. Why can not everything be simplified, why complicate everything.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base