Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Cost Management + Billing tiles to Dashboard

Add Cost Management + Billing tiles to Dashboard so that we can quickly see the cost on our dashboard.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Either,create a logo for B2C under the Microsoft Azure to differentiate the B2C portal from the Azure portal. or simply add a Tab for B2C

Unless you give a complete different name to your B2C "Tenant" you would not realize which is the B2C or the Azure portal. Hence, it makes it hard to know which is which.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Virtual Machines' filter

Virtual machines' list's custom columns and resource group filters go away once pinned to an Azure Dashboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Free up some space by using fancy scrollbars (less in width) as compared to current ones..

Free up some space by using fancy scrollbars (less in width) as compared to current ones..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Manually set chart scale

Regarding Metrics preview, there are times I want to view data points at a normal scale. If there are a few outliers that drastically increase the automatic scale, the rest of the data points look essentially like a flat line at the bottom of the chart. I would like to change the scale to a normal range for the majority of the data points to see their trends in a meaningful way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. how i wish i can pin a tile that shows whether or not my vm is running or switched off and at what cost is it running

A tile to pin on my dashboard.
    that gives an overview of what are the active vm(s) and which are inactive.
    Also to have another column indicating the cost details in one tile.
    that will narrow down to customer prospective and easy communication with stakeholders and clients.
    although there might be ways but too much navigation tends look complicated from the non IT background clients. Please do educate me if there is such tile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. VM Screenshots

How about a screen shot of your VM while running? On the overview screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add dynamic dns features to azure dashboard

Add dynamic dns features to the azure dashboard.

This feature can be enhanced for IP's with dynamic features where there is no possibility to leave fixed, ideal for professionals who are wanting to test domains and dns environments.

Possible to also add the resource to the traffic manager

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Status filter/sort option needed

Need a sort/filter option to display the servers based on STATUS value.
    I would like to see RUNNING servers on top of the list.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure Portal and the "Sunsetting" of OMS

Referring to the OMS portal moving to Azure(OMS sunset) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/log-analytics/log-analytics-oms-portal-transition#oms-mobile-app

OMS and all of the Solutions created has been a great way of quickly aggregating data and presenting data to my technicians and customers. I really hope ALL the Solutions will gradually move over to the Azure Portal, similar to what has been done with Security and Alerts.
    Having a solutions shop like OMS, is great for brainstorming the possibilities of leveraging the Cloud, and how to present this data as a product for our customers, technicians and servicedesk.

The predicament I'm experiencing now with the OMS sunset message: I'm…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow sorting collections by name in the Azure Cosmos Data Explorer

Currently the Data Explorer in Azure Cosmos does not allow you to sort the collections alphabetically. Instead they appear in the order that they were created. This makes it a major pain to find a particular collection when you have 80+ collections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto refreshing tiles

Instead of having a button to refresh everything. It would be alot more useful if the tiles would just update with the latest info on its own.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. realtime activity tab

Hello Team,

It will be very useful and interesting if you add realtime activity tab at the bottom of page on Azure portal , which should appear as soon as an operation is triggered . For example Deletion of resource , using with user can get the feedback of the operation triggered on the same page .

Regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It's hard to use the management portal to scroll sideways. Only vertical scrolling is needed.

It's hard to use Azure management portal to scroll sideways. Only vertical scrolling is better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to deactivate services with a toggle on off switch on the dashboard

While using the Azure portal I have realised that to activate and deactivate services, I need to go inside the service menus one by one to start and stop services.

A toggle button on the dashboard near all the services is very helpful to turn it off and on without deleting the services permanently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. pin

Add Virtual Machine "Name" to Pinned charts (CPU, Network, etc.) so that it can be distinguished on a dashboard of multiple of the same type.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Delete Azure account button, in the setting :).

The user should be able to easily delete/disable the Azure account without support, cause support isn't helping.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base