Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A dashboard template that can be applied to the same type of resources for instant dashboard generation

The new dashboards are great. I typically use very similar layout for properties that use Application Insight (AI). These will have the various charts for exceptions, usage, failures, slow requests, etc. And it works great.

But I have to create one for each AI resource that I want to track.

Ideally, I would create a "template dashboard" that required the source for the needed types (an AI resource, a Storage resource, etc.). Once these values are plugged in, the dashboard lights up with the data from each of these resources.

This would allow me to create a single dashboard template…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure

Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure Konto

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be really nice if the old (far better) portal usability could be retained.

It just took me 20 minutes (and about 30 Google searches) to find the Create VM from Image functionality. It moved, and there is no hint at where it went.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. No option to auto arrange tiles?

Why not provide a button to auto arrange tiles? Sort them based on name, creation date, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Copy/Template an instance of dashboard tile layout of services such as SQL Databases, VM's, App Services etc allowing to other instances

When using the portal for monitoring purposes one would generally add a number of standard metrics to the dashboard of a service such as a SQL Database. More often than not you have multiple databases and would like all of these to have the same dashboard layout. It would be great to be able to create your dashboard of tiles on one instance service (in this case database) and then create a template which can then be applied to other instances of services (databases) that might be created in the future without having to go the instance of the service…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Status monitoring for multiple Azure resources

I should be able to build custom dashboard which can show following status for selected Azure resources within or across subscriptions.

1. Availability of each resource from 3 different geo locations

2. Critical security center recommendations if any

3. Perf recommendations if any

4. Planned downtime notice with days to go

5. Custom (e.g. monitor service from windows VM)

Currently I have specific requirement to monitor following set of Azure resources as our each instance of our product deployment consists of
    1. Cloud Service Classic
    2. IaaS Vms
    2. Azure SQL DB
    3. Vnet
    4. TM
    5. Azure Storage
    6. Service Bus

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tie dashboards to user, not directory

I manage multiple subscriptions across directories. When I log into Azure I want to see, at a glance:
    1) a dashboard where I can put production services from all directories I am part of, so I can see all systems' status info without opening multiple tabs
    2) a dashboard where I can put dev/test service info from an MSDN subscription in our organization's directory, right next to production service info from our client's directory

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add item to Left side menu called "Dashboard"

When I pin items to the dashboard I don't see them anywhere. Where is this mystical dashboard anyway?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Action buttons take too much space

The "Add", "Columns", "Refresh", etc buttons at the top of the blades eat a lot of vertical real estate considering how often one needs to press it.

Consider a smaller band that expands upon mouse hover... (or putting them next to the blade title).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email / name in menu bar

Allow to choose between email address or full name in the portal in the top menu bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard

Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard. VERY USEFUL!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. allow multiple sources for a graph on the dashboard

Currently for example you can only have data on a graph regarding one thing such as "Website" but you can add multiple different bits of information, such as data in, data out and request but as soon as you mix types e.g counts and Data the axis become unreadable.

If you could join a graph across multiple websites (or similar objects) then you could have one graph with multiple lines on it all related to the request count for different websites you currently own. This would mean less graphs needed to display the same data on the dashboard and would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dashboard editing - versioning - undo

Implement Dashboard versioning. It is so easy to delete something on the dashboard when you are customising it. With the new sharing feature I can see more people able to customise it. Would be great to have a version control to track who did the modifications and also to rollback if needed. Worth case would be an undo feature when you edit and remove something by mistake. At the moment the only option available when you update a dashboard is 'Done Customising'

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dashboard - Adding Calender Option

In the Dashboard area, adding a Calendar would be very helpful. Also allowing to add the events to it and reminders will be valuable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support setting default Dashboard and sorting of the dashboards

Allow people to set the default Azure Portal dashboard and also provide sorting within the dashboard dropdown.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure Dasboard templates for VM's,SQL databases,DWH,VNetworks,Storage etc

azure dashboard templates for different sources like define above is helpful monitoring performance and integrate many other thing like azure security and future resource forecasting for storage network and DWH units,disks etc it's very helpful for many system and db admins.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create custom tiles

Now we have the option to create custom dashboards with tiles organized by related resources or team, Allowing us to create CustomTiles to customize our dashboards will improve the dashboard experience.

Our application use some administration pages to monitor application internal events like:
    Customer Registration, Customers Online, Notifications, etc.

If we could provide a json file or fill a form with all configurations needed to render the tile like:
    Type: Standard(icon and name), Chart(donnut, bar, etc)
    Tile Title
    Icon: Icon Url
    DataSource: Url that return a series of data to fill a Chart or for example the number of connected…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More available layouts for tiles on the Dashboard

Allow for a 1x2, 1x4, etc. tile setup. I cannot currently even get back to the original layout of the Resources tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. An undo feature for the dashboard

Today I made an unintentional change to the size of my resources tile on the dashboard. Despite closing the browser window without hitting the Done button, the change remains.

Though I attempted to re-pin the resources item to the dashboard it remains in the smaller size.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base