Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Dasboard templates for VM's,SQL databases,DWH,VNetworks,Storage etc

azure dashboard templates for different sources like define above is helpful monitoring performance and integrate many other thing like azure security and future resource forecasting for storage network and DWH units,disks etc it's very helpful for many system and db admins.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create custom tiles

Now we have the option to create custom dashboards with tiles organized by related resources or team, Allowing us to create CustomTiles to customize our dashboards will improve the dashboard experience.

Our application use some administration pages to monitor application internal events like:
    Customer Registration, Customers Online, Notifications, etc.

If we could provide a json file or fill a form with all configurations needed to render the tile like:
    Type: Standard(icon and name), Chart(donnut, bar, etc)
    Tile Title
    Icon: Icon Url
    DataSource: Url that return a series of data to fill a Chart or for example the number of connected…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More available layouts for tiles on the Dashboard

Allow for a 1x2, 1x4, etc. tile setup. I cannot currently even get back to the original layout of the Resources tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. An undo feature for the dashboard

Today I made an unintentional change to the size of my resources tile on the dashboard. Despite closing the browser window without hitting the Done button, the change remains.

Though I attempted to re-pin the resources item to the dashboard it remains in the smaller size.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom images on tiles

I'm getting used to use my dashboard. And after organizing my graphs and tiles it has become my entry point to everything I do.

However, -We quickly end up with lots tiles for VM's, Web apps and other resources. It's good that I can resize and group them, but as they all look the same it's kind of difficult to set them apart.

I believe that if you could upload and set custom images on your tiles, it would make it easier to find and more personal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Azure portal and igoogle

Could azure portal work just like google portal where i can import form my emails or go through emails such as Hotmail or Gmail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tile background color

It would be useful if we could assign a background color to tiles. This could be used in visualizing/categorizing services, customers or various deployment stages. Imagination really.

See attached screenshot.
    Mabye as a start?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow custom blades to be created in the portal

Would like to be able add custom blades to the portal? I mean, something like a custom REST call/query, JSON config based, and/or eventually (ideally) some custom code or PS script? It may help a lot to fill some gaps every one of us tempt to find in the portal.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Icons pinned to dashboard are too similar

The icons displayed within the tiles pinned to the dashboard (e.g. Search Service, App Service etc.) are too similar, so it is quite hard to see which is which.

Icons need to be more different and possible also coloured differently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow multi-tasking

Currently, I can only monitor one resource at a time. It would be great if I could monitor more than one on the same screen, without having to switch back and forth.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When hovering over the tile 'all resources' a pop-up with brief description would be handy

The tiles already tell me whether it is a virtual machine of virtual network however especially in the beginning, when I'm new to Azure. The tiles aren't always clear to me. So a brief pop-up with the description would be handy. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Selecting a subscription is not intuitive.

I had to spend some time to find out how to select a subscription. Selecting a subscription to work on is not intuitive. Once I select a subscription, that subscription name is not displayed anywhere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Clicking and dragging a tile on the home screen should invoke customization mode.

When I click and drag a tile on the Azure Ibiza Portal, I should automatically be put into customization mode, OR, the tile should simply move where I drag it to, without entering the full customization mode. I'm not sure which implementation would be more practical, but I feel as if something should happen. Right now, it only selects text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ensure existing functionality is not lost with updates.

For example up until very recently there were a number of tiles on the Web App blade that were extremely useful, such as the "Active Deployment" tile showing the status of a build. Being able to pin this tile from several different web apps to the dashboard and projecting the dashboard on the wall for the dev team to see was very useful. Now we have to wade through the blades of different apps to see what is happening with builds, preventing us seeing all that we need to at once.

An example of a useful sysadmin tile is the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Dashboard Tiles Icon Size Configuration Option

In the config options for the tile, add the ability to increase icon size to fill more of the available space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. progress bar location

The progress bar of any activity is shown under the alerts bell menu. I think it should be put down together with the action notification banner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable a "Folder"-type tile

We are an organization that creates a lot of webservices and storage accounts, and all. And it currently is a mess to navigate between all the webservices and their respective add-ons.
    Why should a webservice and one of its add-ons should be 2 separate tiles on the dashboard ? And to make navigation easier, why couldn't we create "Folders" in the dashboard to help organizing our numerous tiles ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add more information to the tiles

There's a lot of wasted space inside the tiles.
    For example, in a virtual machine tile, you could add the current public and local IP and the status (executing/stopped).

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base