Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop moving things around in the portal

Every other week I waste time hunting down a feature that has been moved to somewhere else in the portal. Endpoint config was one thing, now tucked away in network security groups. I think. Don't get me started on the need to use old portal for some things and new portall for other things .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give customers the ability to combine multiple metrics onto a single graph for use in dashboards.

give customers the ability to combine multiple metrics onto a single graph for use in dashboards. It would be nice to have a single dash board that could have a few larger graphs that would display information like CPU across multiple servers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sticky Tabs

When traversing VM's, it would be nice to have the tab selected stay selected on the new VM:)

Should I want to make similar changes to 2 or more servers, this will halve the number of clicks.

So when I select the auto-shutdown option for server 1 and select server 2, I want the auto-shutdown tab to still be selected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. DNS columns

Please allow the sorting of columns in DNS blade on the Azure Management Portal.

It's often helpful to be able to quickly adjust the view but the DNS blade currently just displays a static table. While column sort is a good start, other helpful features in the long term include a comments column and the option to export the zone to file via the web portal instead of needing to do this through the CLI.

Thanks!
    Kevin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Managemnt Portal: Allow filter for Price when selecting VMs/AppServices

When changing the size of a VM/App Service there are way to many configurations to choose.
    Please add the possibility to filter for Price/Cores/RAM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dashboard tile auto arrangements

The locations of the tiles on the dashboard can easily become a mess. It would be great to have the same experience as in Windows 8 with the start screen (automatic tile arrangement, preview of the new tile arrangement when moving tiles, etc.).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Status monitoring for multiple Azure resources

I should be able to build custom dashboard which can show following status for selected Azure resources within or across subscriptions.

1. Availability of each resource from 3 different geo locations

2. Critical security center recommendations if any

3. Perf recommendations if any

4. Planned downtime notice with days to go

5. Custom (e.g. monitor service from windows VM)

Currently I have specific requirement to monitor following set of Azure resources as our each instance of our product deployment consists of
    1. Cloud Service Classic
    2. IaaS Vms
    2. Azure SQL DB
    3. Vnet
    4. TM
    5. Azure Storage
    6. Service Bus

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable pinning Azure Resource Roles to dashboard

While Azure AD roles - Eligible or Active have pinning option, Azure Resource Roles don't have any pin option. Many projects have access defined based on resources rather than AD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow wider tiles

Dashboard tiles from App Insights can't be bigger than 4x2. On the Metrics explorer though you have graphs spanning the width of the dashboard. I'd like to be able to put those really wide tiles on a dashboard. They would be especially useful for a 7 day timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. daily backup report by email for subscription

im new to azure and am looking for 1 page/ email view of all backups for subscription, success or failure etc ,size etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Identify multiple subscriptions and their resources by colors

For accounts with multiple subscriptions, it often becomes clumsy to visualize which resources belong to what subscription. It would be appealing if the subscriptions (and underlying resources) could be set a color of user's choice so that resources under different subscriptions can be identified in a better way.
    Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Free up some space by using fancy scrollbars (less in width) as compared to current ones..

Free up some space by using fancy scrollbars (less in width) as compared to current ones..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Manually set chart scale

Regarding Metrics preview, there are times I want to view data points at a normal scale. If there are a few outliers that drastically increase the automatic scale, the rest of the data points look essentially like a flat line at the bottom of the chart. I would like to change the scale to a normal range for the majority of the data points to see their trends in a meaningful way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. how i wish i can pin a tile that shows whether or not my vm is running or switched off and at what cost is it running

A tile to pin on my dashboard.
    that gives an overview of what are the active vm(s) and which are inactive.
    Also to have another column indicating the cost details in one tile.
    that will narrow down to customer prospective and easy communication with stakeholders and clients.
    although there might be ways but too much navigation tends look complicated from the non IT background clients. Please do educate me if there is such tile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add dynamic dns features to azure dashboard

Add dynamic dns features to the azure dashboard.

This feature can be enhanced for IP's with dynamic features where there is no possibility to leave fixed, ideal for professionals who are wanting to test domains and dns environments.

Possible to also add the resource to the traffic manager

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. realtime activity tab

Hello Team,

It will be very useful and interesting if you add realtime activity tab at the bottom of page on Azure portal , which should appear as soon as an operation is triggered . For example Deletion of resource , using with user can get the feedback of the operation triggered on the same page .

Regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. live billing usage

Whatever resources being used with a billing meter should help in analysis

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow sorting collections by name in the Azure Cosmos Data Explorer

Currently the Data Explorer in Azure Cosmos does not allow you to sort the collections alphabetically. Instead they appear in the order that they were created. This makes it a major pain to find a particular collection when you have 80+ collections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base