Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Runbook invocation should show a drop-down for Parameters with a ValidateSet attribute attached.

Currently runbooks with a ValidateSet will display a string input box with NO HELP as to what the intended value of the parameter should be, the only option for the user is to start the runbook and cry when it fails.

I think the portal should be smart enough to show a drop-down menu of possible options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support setting default Dashboard and sorting of the dashboards

Allow people to set the default Azure Portal dashboard and also provide sorting within the dashboard dropdown.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create custom tiles

Now we have the option to create custom dashboards with tiles organized by related resources or team, Allowing us to create CustomTiles to customize our dashboards will improve the dashboard experience.

Our application use some administration pages to monitor application internal events like:
    Customer Registration, Customers Online, Notifications, etc.

If we could provide a json file or fill a form with all configurations needed to render the tile like:
    Type: Standard(icon and name), Chart(donnut, bar, etc)
    Tile Title
    Icon: Icon Url
    DataSource: Url that return a series of data to fill a Chart or for example the number of connected…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A dashboard template that can be applied to the same type of resources for instant dashboard generation

The new dashboards are great. I typically use very similar layout for properties that use Application Insight (AI). These will have the various charts for exceptions, usage, failures, slow requests, etc. And it works great.

But I have to create one for each AI resource that I want to track.

Ideally, I would create a "template dashboard" that required the source for the needed types (an AI resource, a Storage resource, etc.). Once these values are plugged in, the dashboard lights up with the data from each of these resources.

This would allow me to create a single dashboard template…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tie dashboards to user, not directory

I manage multiple subscriptions across directories. When I log into Azure I want to see, at a glance:
    1) a dashboard where I can put production services from all directories I am part of, so I can see all systems' status info without opening multiple tabs
    2) a dashboard where I can put dev/test service info from an MSDN subscription in our organization's directory, right next to production service info from our client's directory

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Moving Resources between Resource Groups and other Subscriptions

In the Move resources option there should be check boxes enabled for Select/Unselect all the resources that we are planning to move to other Subscriptions and Resource groups within same subscriptions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure

Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure Konto

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tile background color

It would be useful if we could assign a background color to tiles. This could be used in visualizing/categorizing services, customers or various deployment stages. Imagination really.

See attached screenshot.
    Mabye as a start?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Azure Dasboard templates for VM's,SQL databases,DWH,VNetworks,Storage etc

azure dashboard templates for different sources like define above is helpful monitoring performance and integrate many other thing like azure security and future resource forecasting for storage network and DWH units,disks etc it's very helpful for many system and db admins.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. An undo feature for the dashboard

Today I made an unintentional change to the size of my resources tile on the dashboard. Despite closing the browser window without hitting the Done button, the change remains.

Though I attempted to re-pin the resources item to the dashboard it remains in the smaller size.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add item to Left side menu called "Dashboard"

When I pin items to the dashboard I don't see them anywhere. Where is this mystical dashboard anyway?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dashboard editing - versioning - undo

Implement Dashboard versioning. It is so easy to delete something on the dashboard when you are customising it. With the new sharing feature I can see more people able to customise it. Would be great to have a version control to track who did the modifications and also to rollback if needed. Worth case would be an undo feature when you edit and remove something by mistake. At the moment the only option available when you update a dashboard is 'Done Customising'

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dashboard - Adding Calender Option

In the Dashboard area, adding a Calendar would be very helpful. Also allowing to add the events to it and reminders will be valuable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add more information to the tiles

There's a lot of wasted space inside the tiles.
    For example, in a virtual machine tile, you could add the current public and local IP and the status (executing/stopped).

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow custom blades to be created in the portal

Would like to be able add custom blades to the portal? I mean, something like a custom REST call/query, JSON config based, and/or eventually (ideally) some custom code or PS script? It may help a lot to fill some gaps every one of us tempt to find in the portal.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ensure existing functionality is not lost with updates.

For example up until very recently there were a number of tiles on the Web App blade that were extremely useful, such as the "Active Deployment" tile showing the status of a build. Being able to pin this tile from several different web apps to the dashboard and projecting the dashboard on the wall for the dev team to see was very useful. Now we have to wade through the blades of different apps to see what is happening with builds, preventing us seeing all that we need to at once.

An example of a useful sysadmin tile is the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow pinned tile configuration to include label customization

Customization options for pinned tiles are limited to size. In order to help create a more task-drive friendly environment, allowing renaming of tiles would be very helpful. For instance rather that have 4 tiles say "Site Settings" for my sites, allow me to label them so I can distinguish them.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a tile for a list of VM's with planned maintenance to the dashboard

Add a tile for a list of VM's with planned maintenance coming up to the dashboard in the Azure Portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simplified Azure dashboard

The current Azure user dashboard is way too complicated to navigate and understand it.
    Even doing simple things is not really clear there.
    Only makes sense to use cli for now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base