Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure

Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure Konto

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add item to Left side menu called "Dashboard"

When I pin items to the dashboard I don't see them anywhere. Where is this mystical dashboard anyway?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard

Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard. VERY USEFUL!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More available layouts for tiles on the Dashboard

Allow for a 1x2, 1x4, etc. tile setup. I cannot currently even get back to the original layout of the Resources tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Azure portal and igoogle

Could azure portal work just like google portal where i can import form my emails or go through emails such as Hotmail or Gmail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable a "Folder"-type tile

We are an organization that creates a lot of webservices and storage accounts, and all. And it currently is a mess to navigate between all the webservices and their respective add-ons.
    Why should a webservice and one of its add-ons should be 2 separate tiles on the dashboard ? And to make navigation easier, why couldn't we create "Folders" in the dashboard to help organizing our numerous tiles ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to see a feature in the portal that lets a user create a topology map of their Azure Portal environment(s)

Have a feature whereby a user can go to a page and from this page select one or more options such as "Show me my services topology" which would then draw a vector diagram (like what you get on draw.io or Visio) and this would allow anyone to visualise the various levels of their growing Azure Portal solution.

I would start with resource groups, services, apps, infrastructure (like networking, "All SQL Servers"...).

A visual representation of the fit-and-finish of what is in place (would save Solution Architects a headache haha).

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dashboard auto refresh

Azure dashboards that are based on custom metrics should auto refresh the data. Currently, even a browser refresh does not reload the data, only manual refresh of each single panel. This creates a situation in the dashboard where different panels show different time frames

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. dashboard

Create a dashboard tile that can show a policy compliance score for a given resource group. Score please, not tumbnail image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

11. Allow me to select my default dashboard---or at least save the last one used

Every time I log in, it keeps going to some generic empty dashboard now after making the apparent-in-hindsight mistake of making my own public. No amount of cloning, un-publicizing, etc gets me my old default dashboard back again, and there is no way to copy the contents of the dashboard I WANT into the empty one that I keep logging into.

So, please make a way for us to set our default dashboard, or at the very least save the last dashboard used and default to that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

12. Feature to display timespan on the tile where it differs from the dashboard

FIrstly now that the timespan for individual tiles can be customised, this needs to be displayed (or available for display) on the tile.
    And where the timespan of the tile does differ from the dashboard, it should be displayed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

13. Update Analytics charts to work as smoothly as metrics charts

Currently I have several dashboards that use Analytics charts, however they don't update with the time interval like metrics charts and they don't show the same point in time where you mouse is at like metrics charts do. And while I would love to switch to metrics, it simply does not have the ability to handle some of the operations I'm doing with Analytics, or easily add 16+ app insights resources to 10 different charts each.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom Tile in Azure Dashboard

Creating custom tile and importing external data will improve the Azure board experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

15. Allow custom names for times in Portal clocks

Rather than having the tile state "Central Standar..." I would like to be able to enter a custom name like "Chicago"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to up-vote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dashboard time/timezone

I want to make a suggestion for the Azure dashboard feature.

I generally like this feature and it is very useful for me but there is a suggestion regarding UI which can be improved.

The time/timezone feature can be aligned with the other buttons Fullscreen, Clone, Delete like on the picture.

This modification can provide even much more space on the dashboard so the customers can put more pieces of information.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

19. Dashboard Input Fields

I would like to be able to add input fields to dashboards that can be applied to the charts. A basic input field may be a dropdown (ideally dynamic). For instance, if I had a chart showing CPU% for a specific VM then I would like to be able to switch to a different VM through a dropdown field. Similar to how Splunk has implemented this feature. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/Buildandeditforms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hierarchical view of the Subscriptions or Resources

Currently the Azure portal gives only a list of the contents in a tabular format, which makes it difficult to understand how the resources are organized.
    There is also a value in mentioning the cost against each resource to improve User Experience.

The idea is to give an ILLUSTRATION of the assets or resources managed by the users.
    The resources in Azure can be organized in a hierarchical way to represent the way they are being used.
    The attachment has a sample illustration which can be auto generated from Visio to explain the user.
    If the user has bought Visio…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base