Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a condition in your indexing where it can show VMs by searching IP

As of now, we are unable to search the VM wit its internal or external IPs. In case if we have a huge infrastructure setup and we only have IP of server as information, we cant search via IP address in current Azrue portal.

Please make some modification in you indexing/search condition where it can display results of VMs while searching the IP.

In AWS console we can search it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the nic details on the sizes of the virtual machines on the portal.

Add the nic details on the sizes of the virtual machines on the portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve virtual machine "choice a size" user interface

It's would be better if virtual machine "Choice a size" step with a few new features:

1. Simple text filter for keyword searching

2. Specific type (CPU, I/O, RAM, GPU, ...) filtering with a radio/checkbox

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Where to **** can i find and download my invoices?

Where to **** can I find and download my invoice?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support typeahead search for country/region in Home > Help + support > New support request > Contact Information.

Support type ahead search for country/region in Home > Help + support > New support request > Contact Information. Today we have to manually scroll down to the right country.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show VMSS instance IPs

The VMSS "Instances" and perhaps the "Overview" blades should show more information to be more useful. My prime example, which I have to look for multiple times a day is the IP address. There are other ways to obtain this, but none of them are as straightforward as it would be to open the VMSS in the portal, click on "Instances" and see the instance number and the IP addresses of the VMSS right there, where I'd expect them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. switch between users in Azure

As cloud service consultant I have to switch between a number of Azure accounts for different clients and between different instances for the same customer.
    Now I need to click "Sign out" in the right top corner. As this is universal Azure AD login used by a number of services clicking on "Sign out" signs me out from other services.

What would be great to have is the ability to just switch between all signed instances like in Windows where you do not need to log off but can just switch between users or log in with more than one…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to see blob names in the blob list.

I uploaded 5 blobs. When I came back after a new login, I'd could not see the blob name in any of the columns. The first column is time, and it is not very meaningful. The name resides in properties behind each line, but that is awkward.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Portal should show Resource Name for support requests

Enhance the way support requests are listed in the Portal. Display resource name involved in the support request so that it is clear which request is linked to which specific resource (by name, not just type and subscription ID).

I support 20+ data warehouse within a single subscription. The current portal does not show the actual resource name associated with a support case, only the resource type and subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make available the recursive size of a folder in the data lake in both powershell and data lake data explorer

Make available the size of a folder and all files and folders contained within in, both from powershell and the data lake data explorer. We can do this by writing a custom script in powershell but it's slow and surely a common task.

Please provide a cmdlet that returns the recursive size for a given data lake folder and ideally also make that data available in the data lake data explorer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 'More services' button looks wrong

In Firefox(56.0.2) the icon of 'More services' button in the left-bottom corner looks like 'ㄱ' not '>'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add

In MAG Portal add the AAD Directories and permissions you are a part of in the top right where your profile is located.

Need a good view in MAG for summary of permissions like Azure Commercial.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide & unhide option of navigation pane in azure website.

The navigation details on left hand side takes a quarter portion of the screen. If hide & unhide options are added a full view screen would be easy for computing as a user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Web App" filter

Currently we can filter by App Service. But the slots of an App Service is called a "Web App". Can we include web apps in the App Service filter or add a web app filter?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to view Remaining & Used Credit (Amount)

It should be great if you add the option to view the remaining and used credit when you have multiple subscription of azure

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Side scrolling is for the birds.

Side scrolling can be done away with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring Documentation link button to every resource Overview blade

Hi.
    It would be good to provide "Documentation" button to every resource overview blade.
    In case of Storage account, it could be; Open in Explorer / Move / Documentation / Delete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base