Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to move resources from one resource group to another

In regard to Resource Groups, there is a particular feature I feel is missing: the ability of moving one resource from a resource group to another. Basically, the situation is like this: upon the lauch of the new portal, each of my Azure storage accounts and websites I've been using was added into a single Resource Group. Therefore, website A which was consuming data from a storage account with a similar name (A) ended up into two different Resource Groups: Default-Storage-NorthEurope and Default-Web-NorthEurope. Right now, whenever I navigate to the Resource Groups blade I get lots of generic named resource…

1,102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

74 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Folks,

We have made some great progress on this idea and most of our services today do support move resources across groups.

We are still working towards 100% support and while we do that it would be great if you can help us prioritize the missing services.

Please file individual asks on each service category present in uservoice and vote for it.

Thanks,
    Azure Portal Team

2. move services between subscriptions

I've noticed that many people want this, an easy way to move not only Virtual Machine but also websites, cloud services, SQL Databases between datacenters / subscriptions. I'm looking forward to this feature.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/PennyPinchingVideoMovingAnAzureWebsiteBetweenDataCenters.aspx

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10986539/in-azure-is-it-possible-to-move-an-existing-set-of-hosted-sites-to-another-subs

and others

984 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Folks,

We have made some great progress on this idea and most of our services today do support move resources across groups.

We are still working towards 100% support and while we do that it would be great if you can help us prioritize the missing services.

Please file individual asks on each service category present in uservoice and vote for it.

Thanks,
    Azure Portal Team

3. Allow for comments or notes on resources

A text description on resources/things would be great for keeping track of what each resource/thing is.

411 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  50 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Designer tool

My Idea was to create a Azure Designer tool in the Azure portal which can enable Azure Engineers and Architects to design a Azure services as per customer requirements and convert them as a blue print or Archictect diagrams for customers or for implementations.

310 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  44 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. List of ALL the subscriptions associated to my User Login.

Currently the portal shows in the "Subscriptions" section only the subscription associated to the Directory (AAD) that is selected by default. I have several subscriptions associated to several directories.

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One portal for all Microsoft products i.e (azure+office365+intune)

This might be additional feature in the marketplace to connect intune, office365 or any other Microsoft product.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  16 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Generate Powershell Script options wherever possible in the Azure Management portal

Like in SQL server Management Studio - you can set up what you want to do and then click a Save as Script or Generate Script button to get the SQL that will do the same thing.

In the Azure Portal, it would be awesome at the end of the "New" wizards to have an option to generate the Powershell commands to do the same thing.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Merge Resource Groups

As an azure user I would like the ability to select two or more resource groups in the portal and select merge which would result in all the groups being consolidated into one. One of the selected resource groups would be selected as the "target" group and all other groups would be removed.

This would be a faster version of the delete and consolidate option I've also posted.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure should have a option to rename the "ResourceGroup"

Azure should have a option to rename the "ResourceGroup". That would be easier for us to manage the resources

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When selecting a location, how to save as DEFAULT.

When creating a new VM, I have to choose my location each time - eg. I choose 'South-East Australia' everytime.

It would be good to have this as a "Portal Setting"

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  16 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notification should persist across browser refresh.

Notifications disappear from the list of notification on page refresh it seems. I would prefer dismissing them explicitly.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Document URLs necessary to configure corporate firewalls

Some companies block access to websites using their firewall and need to white-list specific URLs in order for the portal to work. Common errors that indicate firewall configuration issues include:

"Some subscriptions couldn't be retrieved"

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The portal uses cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) to communicate to back-end services directly from the browser. We are working with our partner teams to get a full list of URLs required to manage your resources in the portal. Here are a few known URLs:

*.azure.com
    *.azure.net
    *.windows.net
    *.azurecomcdn.net
    *.azureedge.net
    *.msecnd.net
    login.microsoftonline.com
    login.live.com

Third-party services:

*.sendgrid.com
    *.newrelic.com

Please let us know if we missed any.

13. creation date as a first order property for all resources and resource groups

If I have a list of resources or resource groups (retrieved via rest api), I want to be able to sort them by creation date. This would also be useful for portal.azure.com in that you too could add the creation date as a sortable row for all lists of resources and resource groups. This boilerplate feature is noticeably absent. Thank you.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. show a graphic map of all resources i am using

see it all together:
    graphics map of all my resources,type,location,health,relations between each of them ,tip to relocate a resource to make it work better etc...
    like mssql diagram

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Todo tile, to guide me though action needed

Notification tells me about things that HAVE happened give me a place to tell me what I need TODO.

- System generated for things like Credit Card expiring, Cert Expiring etc.
    - Allow users to add TODO from Each Blade - For example Reminder to scale down after Promo ends on 12/15

Clicking on TODO should take them to where action can be performed

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to have Portal Notifications as Destop Notifications

Option to have Notifications, like a successful deploy or failed deploy, as a desktop notification.

This would allow you to leave the portal and do other tasks while waiting for e.g. a large deploy. When the deployment is done you will see the notification on the desktop, while having the portal web page open in the background.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show resource Id in the azure portal too

Show the azure resource id of all the resources in the properties tab for all the resources. Many users are reluctant to run scripts and should be able to see the resource id directly in the UI.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Validate resource move without moving

Would like to have the option to validate a resource move (resource group and subscription) without actually moving the resources. This would allow us to troubleshoot any validation error preemptively and thus minimize the service window needed when moving resources.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Portal page title should include unread notification count and/or use Web Notifications API

The title of the portal should include the number of unread notifications (much like a number of webmail sites do for new emails).
    Furthermore, if your browser supports W3C Web Notifications ( http://www.w3.org/TR/notifications/ ) we should be using those too.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search resource based on dns name or ip address

Because azure now support custom dns name, is just so hard to find a resource based on them in the azure portal. It would be nice to be able to search any resouce based on the dns name or even better search them by using the ip address.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base