Notification Hubs

How can we improve Azure Notification Hubs?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add integration with unity apps

I'd like to use Notification Hubs with FCM and APNs to push notifications to a unity app. It would be useful to have a tutorial for this and/or a unity plugin which does the job.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use DateTime for InstallationTemplate.Expiry property in .NET API

Right now the datatype for the APNS-specific Expiry property on InstallationTemplate is a string. I have... no idea what to put there. The API reference is less than helpful:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/microsoft.azure.notificationhubs.installationtemplate.expiry.aspx#P:Microsoft.Azure.NotificationHubs.InstallationTemplate.Expiry

Since it looks like the expiry ends up as a binary encoded integer value of seconds since the UNIX epoch, I can't really use that to guess what format Azure expects.

This would all be moot if the Notification Hub .NET API used a DateTime for the expiry and handled the translation to the format APNS requires.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow tags with '+' character to be installed or registered with Notification Hubs

I am using user email addresses as a notification tag.

Email addresses that have a plus ('+') do not work as tags.

Normal email: myemail@gmail.com
    Expanded email: myemail+gmailfeature@gmail.com

I get the following exception: Valid tag characters are alphanumeric, _, @, -, ., : and #

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a loopback fake test PNS to the PNS list - Test receive

Having a loopback PNS can:
    -improve the test capabilities
    -improve the onboarding experience, a new user can just set up a notification hub on azure management portal, use the test send and then see the messages arriving in the loopback PNS

This could be a plus: from the loopback PNS it should be possible to manage the registration and the tags to receive, in this way the users can have a complete testing environment for onboarding and get familiar with the technology, without opening development accounts with Google/Microsoft/Apple/Amazon.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increasing the 60 tags per device limitation of Notification Hubs

Having this limitation requires a workaround for implementations that focus on managing the complexity of social relationships

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Return FCM messageId in REST Api Response Header for all pricing tiers

The Notifications Hubs REST API Method "Send a Template Notification" should always return the FCM message_id in the Response Body for all Notification Hub tiers. Without this functionality,
    it’s of limited use in secure and auditable applications where message notification tracking is vital.

The alternative is to bypass Notification Hubs altogether for the purposes of sending and use the Firebase Api directly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add support for data notifications on iOS and Android

FCM has a concept of a "data" message, similar to WNS Raw message, that permits an arbitrary JSON payload. They include the ability to wake backgrounded apps to allow them to handle the incoming message (rather than going directly to the OS notification manager).

Azure should replicate this support and include the ability to use them with Template registrations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Notification Hubs

Feedback and Knowledge Base