How can we improve Azure Notification Hubs?

Add webhooks to Azure Notification Hubs

Add the ability for Notification hubs to call an endpoint when an event has occurred on a push notification (push delivered, failed ...etc)

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Fahad Mustafa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Azure Mobile team responded  · 

For the notification related events, we can only report if the message was successfully sent to the respective provider’s PNS. The actual delivery of the message is handled by the PNS and we don’t have any direct visibility in this. Where we can add some hooks are instances where maybe the registration expires etc. Let me know if there are any other places you will find this useful.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • D Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd also find this useful: including reporting if the message was sent to the PNS (knowing that says nothing about device delivery).
    Say that I send to a tag: UK&&IT, for example: the back end app may think its sent it to a specific 1000 users, but there's no way of tying up whether Notification Hubs agrees (if I've messed up our registrations somehow, or a large number have been dropped).
    The problem currently is that system A has to compute an answer, system B compute that same answer, and hope that the 2 match.

Registration expiring would be good for us - to update our back end app for support purposes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base