How can we improve Azure Notification Hubs?

Get Installation and Delete Installation By Tags, By PushChannel

I think azure must provide api to get installation record by Tags and PushChannel.

Also Delete api by tags and PushChannel

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nitin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nitin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reply on "This would be especially handy for deleting installations belonging to a specific user (which we identify with tags). We can easily remove all installations for the user if they are deactivated."

In the scenario i mentioned user is still active user of our application but he uninstall application from one platform like iOS but still using web-client and android client. So in this case i can not delete all registration of user. In this case i need to delete a specific device record.

• Nitin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DeleteInstallationByTag:-
    Apple iOS doesn't provide any event to handle uninstall action. In such cases iOS or back-end don't have any way to delete installation record from azure. Because of this reason azure notification hub have lots of orphan installation records. In similar way on other platform sometimes user don't follow log-out process and directly deletes application. So if azure provides API to delete by Tag, back-end can try to delete all Installation by Tag.

GetInstallationByPushChannel :-
    User may use multiple devices for same login like one android and another is Apple device. If back-end want to send push to some specific device like to android only, this api is helpful otherwise there is no way to send to any specific device.

DeleteInstallationByPushChannel: -
    As mention for 'GetInstallationByPushChannel', DeleteInstallationByPushChannel is useful to delete specific installation record. Due to absence of this API either back-end or device have to hold Installation id record all the time. If this api is available, a option is available to delete by push-channel.

• Anthony Greer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be especially handy for deleting installations belonging to a specific user (which we identify with tags). We can easily remove all installations for the user if they are deactivated.

• Mayank Sehgal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can currently get notifications using a particular tag. It would be great to have a functionality wherein we can specify a tag expression for getting the registrations.

That might help to revamp the registrations very quickly instead of looping through lots of registrations

• Ryan Miranda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Registration model allows getting registrations via tags. Installation model does not.. It requires an installationId.

The problem here being we cannot manage tags via the backend,since the backend may not have access to the installation id.

Feedback and Knowledge Base