How can we improve Azure Notification Hubs?

Allow Global Templates

As I understand it, templates are only held at a specific user registration level.
For our (enterprise) app this makes life difficult, as I now need to register a large number of templates to a large number of registrations, and worse keep this in sync as templates are changed.

It would work better in our scenario to have 'global' templates ready in the hub (referenced by name), then send a message to whatever tags, specifying the template desired.

Under this scenario we would handle any personalisation via the back end app - using either tags or other means (I'm either interested in a meaningful 'artifact' - e.g. corporate account within the enterprise or not)

This seems to reduce flexibility (in our use case at least): as I want the platform agnostic send and templating features (awesome stuff we don't have to write/maintain ourselves!), but without duplicating the templates across every user or having to keep the notification hub informed of every possible combination of device:template.

I currently get the impression I have to either re-do that stuff, or use it but try to 'work around' the bits of the feature I don't want.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
D Richards shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Randhish Raghavan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today, the Azure Notification Hub delivers notifications on a wide range of platforms. However, it will be great if Azure provided the feature for users to configure templates for notification topics. The user should be able to configure the same template for push notifications for multiple channels or have separate templates for each channel

Feedback and Knowledge Base