Notification Hubs

How can we improve Azure Notification Hubs?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add support for Azure Notification Hubs to push messages to web browsers

Azure Notification Hubs should be able to deliver messages to users via web browsers.

This should be done through lightweight javascript. The script should be cross browser compatible with desktop, mobile and legacy browsers.

Basically this would replace the need for hosting SignalR unless you're building something like a chatroom.

771 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Notification Hub as simple as Firebase from google

I think you know that we have products addressing the same problem as we are. but they do it simpler than we are. For example Firebase code required from dev- much less than Notification Hub.
    https://developers.google.com/cloud-messaging/faq

"You no longer have to write your own registration or subscription retry logic. " - why we can't do something simple like that!

Recently when we discussed with customer usage of notification hub and I can't explain why they should use it instead of firebase after feature comparison

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for data notifications on iOS and Android

FCM has a concept of a "data" message, similar to WNS Raw message, that permits an arbitrary JSON payload. They include the ability to wake backgrounded apps to allow them to handle the incoming message (rather than going directly to the OS notification manager).

Azure should replicate this support and include the ability to use them with Template registrations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Notification Hubs

Feedback and Knowledge Base