How can we improve SQL Data Sync?

Allow continuous synchronisation or intervals less than 5 minutes

Current smallest interval is 5 minutes, allow me to set this to between 1 and 4 minutes or a continuous synchronisation option. A wait of up to 5 minutes for sync is not always acceptable.

88 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alan Parr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christian Goudreau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

We're using this functionality to offer several real time changes within an Airport. This functionality is important for us to be able to communicate changes to our partners sooner.

Thanks,

• Joseph Orjinta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I just saw on the topic in continuous synchronization, the solutions we are working on and delivering to our clients to communicate with multiple store location will look to have a continuous synchronization or interval less than 3 minutes. customers see it as a slowing system even when we try to offer an explanation about the intervals.

Regards,
        Joseph Orjinta
        Blualpha Nigeria Limited.

• Thierry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I echo the need for this. We operate a LOB where users records results of an inspection in a web page (transactional database) and can then generate SSRS report (hosted in Azure VM) that retrieve data from the reporting database. This 5 mins latency requires him to wait 5 minutes after saving his last inspection before he can generate the result of his inspection.

• Chris Schaller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a booking system for squash courts, if online members book out courts it is possible for on premise staff to double book when they take walk-ins or phone bookings due to the 5 minute delay. I'm happy to pay for a higher service tier to get more frequent syncs

Feedback and Knowledge Base