SQL Database

1. Implement password expiry & password history & certain number of account lockout for Azure SQL databases

We could see below gaps for Azure SQL Database (for PAAS scenario)

1) There is no Password History
    2) There is no Password Expiry
    3) There is no Account Lockout set (wherein account will be locked out after certain number of failed attempts) which could lead to bruteforce attacks.

All these above parameters must be addressed and aligned in accordance with Industry Standard.

As discussed with Omeswar Reddy Danwada uploading this idea

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the user to disable int/bigint identity 1000/10000 increase

Reference: https://www.jitbit.com/alexblog/239-sql-server-bug-ms-calls-a-feature/

Currently, the next identity value jumps automatically whenever the SQL server instance restarts. Most of us don't want that jump to happen because it'll leave thousands of unused ID numbers behind. You can only fix this problem by specifying the -T272 startup parameter for SQL Server which is not available to us Azure SQL users.

Please let us disable this "feature" easily.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow SQL compatibility level to be set as a Database Property

Allow the SQL compatibility level to be set as a database property in the ARM provider for Microsoft.Sql/servers/databases. Setting the compatibility level in the ARM template would enable customers to easily control database-level features that may change in the future as the SQL Database platform evolves.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Blob Auditing Type for Azure SQL Database Threat Detection

Blob auditing was recently rolled out for Azure SQL Database, "which provides higher performance, supports higher granularity object-level auditing, and is more cost effective." However, Threat Detection does not currently support blob auditing, only table auditing. As a result, one of the most common reasons to turn on auditing, threat detection, cannot actually use the better performing method. Please allow Threat Detection to use blob auditing types.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send maintenance notification in advance

Recently we have got maintenance notification one day before maintenance starts.
    It's very useful for me, however, I'd like to get it earlier, e.g. 3 business days before the maintenance.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Active Geo replication to different subscription

Customers are looking for this type of feature to replicate data from Prod in UAT/Test. Also to make the database available for third party to separate the costing. Currently custom coding or replication tools are needed, but would be great if the secondary replica can be in another subscription

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Regarding Alerts - Want to notify whenever login fails anytime

Alerts can be set to notify login failure but it only be set per user database, not server or 'master'.
    For strict security measures, I hope it sends an alert mail of login failure in spite of destination database.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support semantic search

Make the semantic search capability of SQL Server available in Azure SQL Database.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. quality

Data Quality capabilities allow the user to profile and cleanse their data in Azure based on commonly used Data Quality Standards (dimensions) such as Completeness, Uniqueness, Consistency, Conformity, Validity, and Accuracy.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow database specific alerts to be set up at elastic pool level

At present, you can set up alerts for elastic pool resources and alerts for individual database resources. However, if you have say 100 databases in your elastic pool, setting alerts per database is a real pain.

It would be good to set up database specific alerts at elastic pool level so it can be managed easily.

For example, we'd like to set up an alert when the number of database sessions reaches 80% but doing this across all of the databases in an elastic pool isn't easy.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a way to force "transient" SQL errors for testing.

When using Azure SQL, transient errors due to throttling, load balancing etc become a fact of life quickly. There are methods to deal with this, but testing that the methods actually work in your server is very tricky or impossible.
    It would be great if there were a way in the portal, or Powershell APIs, to force transient errors in some way. For example, "for the next N minutes return a throttling error for every second operation".
    For examples of the lengths developers go to in order to test this:
    https://github.com/robdmoore/SQLAzureTransientDemo
    http://www.asp.net/mvc/overview/getting-started/getting-started-with-ef-using-mvc/connection-resiliency-and-command-interception-with-the-entity-framework-in-an-asp-net-mvc-application

this is a great deal of tricky code…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. restore only 1 or few tables from all database

restore 1 table from big database can take few hours and only what we mostly need to restore 1 table.
    can save lot of time when we need the table immedietly !

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SSRS must be like a Service again

After 30 minutes write with Azure support they sugest me post my feedbacks, but the point is I think #microsoft make a mistake disable SSRS like service from Azure.

you can provide a general VM with SSRS for every body with this option you will protect Azure performance and will provide the services again.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for CLR Assembly

After much pain and searching, I see that this issue was approved, removed, and then died (apparently due to the addition of "managed instance").
    Same request as (closed) suggestion: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217321-sql-database/suggestions/401015-support-clr-stored-procedures
    I need the feature and it's too late for us to migrate to the new managed instance (BTW the naming here is massively confusing since regular Azure SQL Database is managed as well).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SQL Export progress not updating

Start export of a sql-database
    A progress window appears at the bottom wich updates every 30secs.

But the percentage stays at 0%

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SQL Database in Azure does not allow changing UTC to our default, setting UTC 0, considering this, how to migrate an on-premise database fro

SQL Database in Azure does not allow changing UTC to our default, setting UTC 0, considering this, how to migrate an on-premise database from an existing system? Unable to change all code, so it is not possible to use a SQL Database in Azure for this? Is Azure not prepared for my country? Even AWS (Amazon) lets you change UTC, as Microsoft does not allow ???

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improving of deleting Azure SQL Database that called from dashboard in Azure portal.

Created tile to dashboard can delete SQL database from itself.
    It behavior is very dangerous that seems from viewpoint of Fault tolerance. Because ,operator want to remove tile from dashboard Nevertheless Misunderstanding of operator to confuse "remove from dashboard" with "delete" is going to be to delete sql database.

The biggest problem is that only SQL databases can remove resources from dashboards. And It processing is only confirm dialog "yes" , "no".

I strongly believe that "delete" menu must be delete from dashboards.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to stop/start Elastic Pool

I would like the ability to start/stop an elastic pool for development purposes. The pricing lists hourly pricing, so I assumed it would be a possibility. If I can schedule it to shut off at night, and pause all SQL databases, then I have a separate elastic pool just for development purposes, and put that elastic pool in our development Resource Group

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding Azure AD groups to Azure SQL Database with Special charecters like '&'. Currently it is not alowing.

Adding Azure AD groups to Azure SQL Database with Special characters like '&'. Currently it is not allowing. Corporate AD groups have special characters and we need this feature should be available for successful client satisfaction. It is critical for enterprise applications.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable serverless feature via ARM template

Currently serverless feature not supported by ARM template. Manually changing to serverless from the portal results in an sku name of GPSGen5_1 (choosing the most basic). If I update my fully-working ARM template with this SKU name (instead of S0) for example, I get an error on deployment reporting:

"error": {

"code": "InvalidSkuName",

"message": "Invalid SKU name 'GP_S_Gen5_1'."

}

However this is already the value of the sku name on resource JSON export as a result of the change via Portal.

NOTE: There were other detected changes to the JSON export (from Portal changes), which I also ensured…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Database

Categories