SQL Database

1. Missing Firewall option in new portal

I read in some documentation that I can set firewall options in the new portal. However, I can't find it anywhere in the new portal.
    I had to switch to the old portal to allow my IP addrress access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I do see that the documentation here needs fixing (will submit this request to the content team):

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-configure-firewall-settings/

In the meantime, you can do the following:
    If you’re not currently connected, connect to the Azure portal.
    On the default blade, click SQL servers.
    On the SQL servers blade, click the server on which to create the firewall rule.
    You’ll see a blade with a Settings section and “Firewall” as an option.

Thanks for submitting this feedback.

Best Regards,

Joe Sack
    Principal PM, SQL Server and Azure SQL DB

2. Fix the database storage quota calculation in V12

It looks like the quota calculation reported in the portal may be double counting ... possibly from sys.indexes.
    I'm uploading a database at 75GB including indexes. The Azure SQL Database except for PK's does not include the indexes so the upload is certainly less than 35GB. Yet, it reports an exceeding 250GB storage quota error.

If I'm wrong, please do let me know.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add General Purpose service tier supported region

We were trying to deploy Gen4 resources in different regions. But some deployments fail due to some regions not supporting Gen4. In the Documentation, we found that Australi region is not supporting. But we found that "UAE North", "UK South", "UK West", "South Africa North" and "France Central" also not supporting Gen4 resources. Is it poosible to add this to documentation.? It might help developers to time. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. D365 has settings for max threads. You do not provide this needed information. I need to know how many cores each tier level supports.

Need you to provide core-count for each service tier. I don't know why you leave out this information since D365 has settings where number of cores has to be considered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Run Microsoft Flow when alert

I want to run automation by Microsoft Flow when Azure SQL Database alert.
    for do business workflow with no-code by everyone.

My scenario:
    1. When Azure SQL Database alert, notify DBA, and add it to the support system

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Read data from Azure Blob store into SQL

Please implement a method for reading data from Azure Blob into SQL DB.

2 of the top 3 issues are asking for this, both have been rejected - please impletent a method that would be allowable.

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217321-sql-database/suggestions/413287-implement-filestream-for-blobs-into-azure-blob-sto

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217321-sql-database/suggestions/17376250-polybase-support-for-azure-sql-database

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Want To Shift Then Know About Packers and Movers Noida?

From planning your relocation, to packing and wrapping your belongings and assets with proper care, to loading and unloading, to rearrangement, our proficient moving experts keep a close eye on each and every phase of the relocation process to tackle any type of possible issue. As a rapidly growing and eminent Packers and Movers in Noida and the surrounding area, we take pride in providing client friendly and professional logistics services to achieve utmost client contentment. Packers And Movers is well known service specializing in residential relocation in and out from all major cities within India.
    For More Information Visit…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. For the free trial, as a developer, I should be able to utilize the use of SQL Express database for member authentication.

For the free trial, as a developer, I should be able to utilize the use of SQL Express database for member authentication without having to pay for the cost of creating a VM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. DTU resizing suck Databases

DTU resizing takes the running DB tasks in the name of current transactions. At any point in time the running database should not go offline. The Azure support executive mentioned that currently there is no such feature, but it's really important for Microsoft to ensure the services are online always. You cannot call it as feature of your bug!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Choosing a server for Azure SQL Database shows old deleted servers

Choosing a server for an Azure SQL Database shows servers that were deleted long ago

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SQL Azure Split/Merge - Copy

Split/Merge service should have option to copy source. Currently the SM service does a complete move of a shardlet from the source DB to the new tenant DB. This would allow us to continue to have source as production while we are testing against production data. It also protects us in the event we need to rollback.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. DATA SYNC - RIP? January 2017

DATA SYNC - RIP? January 2017

Can we have an up-to-date progress report for Data Sync. It would solve a lot of out client issues but its never come out of preview. Please advise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Resize HyperScale Storage

HyperScale database storage is incrementing exponentially, after we transferred database to HyperScale, it first incremented 20GB, than it incremented 30GB, and now it incremented 50GB, there is no way to reduce size. Either it is a bug that is incrementing exponentially or we need ability to resize, right now 80% of database is unused.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Incorrect translation of pricing levels

At the price page the levels are presented in English as Basic-Standard-Premium.

The Swedish version on the same page is : Standard-Standard-Premium

Note how "Basic" was translated to "Standard" giving the swedes two different price levels with the same name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Quicker freeing up of resource names

I have 2 Azure accounts (1 personal, 1 work). In my personal account I had a SQL server named 'abc' for the sake of argument. Deleted it. Tried to recreate it in my work account and get the error 'abc' is already registered as a server name. Guess it's taking a while to realise and let me reuse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Misreported minimum size requirement on PostgreSQL causes failed deployment

I was trying to deploy an ARM template for Hasura over PostgreSQL, and the Azure Portal UI said the minimum size for the Database SKU Size was 5210, so I put that in and the deployment failed. It's a typo, I believe it should be 5120.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Database Size tells me it is full, but doesn't let me change the size/increase it

In the new portal, under SQL Databases, there's a panel called Database Size. Selecting that panel shows me a Donut Graph which shows me that I have used all 10 GB of my 10 GB limit. But there's no way to change the size and no hyperlink offering help! After calling support, I learned you have to go to the old portal to change the size. My Tier says I have a 250 GB limit, but this was a database created 3 years ago when 10 GB was the limit. Either automatically increase the limit as I change my tier,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Query threat detection event in log analytics

Is there any way to Access Threat detection events/data from Log analytics ? Before it was in SecurityAlerts, but now it's empty ???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Database

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base